Need Support - to quit smoking

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mann1602

Reaction score
Decided to quit smoke on 11th Oct 2010, could you please red my blog and leave comments: I need support from you all to quit this time :( PLEASE !!!

http://noname-anewbeginning.blogspot.com/

Here is my blog update:

I have been thinking about quitting smoke for almost a month now. I did manage to quit smoking earlier this year for 5 weeks but started again. Its amazing that a simple habit can become a part of your life and takes huge amount of effort to get rid of... I started smoking when I was 18 or 19, been a smoker for 14 years now.

I really need to quit not because I love life, want to live longer, nothing like that. In fact I hate my life and that is one of the reasons that made me start smoking again this year.

Now, question is why I hate my life - will write more about it in my other post.
For now - let me concentrate on why I want to Quit:

1. I have been taking inhalers for breathing problem for 2 years now
2. I have sores in my mouth, dont even know if its because of smoking but too afraid to go to the doctor in case he tells me its mouth cancer or something
3. I can not take steps anymore, I mean I can but it affects my breathing
4. I dont play any sports now even though I want to because I know its going to affect my breathing more and I wont be able to last long
5. I hate that I am dependent on a lifeless thing so much

So, are these reasons enough to make me quit ?

Have been using google search for a while now to find the nice and easy way to quit smoking. There are so many methods available starting from medicines to patches to hypnosis. Lets start with whatever I have already tried till now
- Patches (Didnt work was smoking with patches on)
- Gums (weird really weird idea)
- Cold Turkey (last try, nearly succeeded but started again)

What an idiot I was that I started to smoke again after going through all the pain of quitting but it was all ... I just couldn't believe how my mind played with my emotions :( made me think all the bad things in life and in the end I was like f**k it - life is not worth it.

So, my main problem seems like psychological, I feel I am not worth it and no one cares about me so I don't have to live. I have lost all in my life and living this lonely life is not worth it... Here I go again, as soon as I wrote about lonely life, I lighted another cigarette. Most people have reasons to smoke,mainly psychological / habitual. Like most smokers even I have set time when I need smokes .more:
- In the morning while in washroom
- With morning breakfast
- At work with my first coffee
- After lunch
- In the afternoon with my second coffee of the day
- One more when all or most of the work is done and I am free
- While leaving work
- After Dinner
- While watching TV
- Before I sleep

So, in total I have minimum 10 smokes a day. Out of these important / critical ones are: Morning one in the washroom & 1 while sleeping coz I feel lonely.

Let me now decide on a date to quit smoking: October 11th, this Monday. I now need to book a hypnosis session - will send an email tomorrow to book session for this Sunday.

YOU CAN DO IT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO AND IF YOU BELIEVE YOU CAN!! I HOPE YOU ACHIEVE YOUR GOAL :)

I've been taking that champix for a week now and the cravings have reduced significantly, so i'll be quitting within the next few days - make that today :D

Good luck!

I quit smoking a year ago cold turkey.

I tried patches and gum and all I ended up doing was using them more.

I ended up doing it gradually.
Start next week, only 9 a day.
There has to be a time you found yourself putting something off that you actually wanted to do/finish for a cig.
The week after that, only 8 a day.

Of course I messed up and ruined days, but as the numbers got down it I knew it was working.
You know what else gives me headaches and makes me sick to my stomach? Girls.
I wont give up on it simply because I feel temporary pain now. If nicotine was a man I'd strangle him to death with his own pubes.

Once I quit cigs, ******* booze and pills was EASY.

Think about it this way, even though a hamster knows it isn't going anywhere, why does it keep spinning the wheel?

The reason is long forgotten.
The routine is all that is left behind.
Cigs, the suicide routine.

I grew up with my parents chain smoking and chain drinking.
I grew up with my older sister doing the same thing.
I grew up with my self following suit.
ADDICTIONS DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE
YOU HAVE TO CARE
SO CARE

You, absolutely, no question about it, can do it.
Be as unceasingly for yourself as the state sponsored death dealers are about control and order.

Have you tried cold turkey?

Find an alternative. By that, I do not mean finding a substitute or replacing smoke for some plaster. What I mean is whenever you feel the need to smoke and are ready to light up/buy a pack, you think of something bad or do something which you fear. If you are at home, go for pushups.

Easier said than done probably. And I am not a smoker, I just can't stand smoke and I can not understand how people can be addicted to this thing. But at least I tried to give some advice... Maybe puff up a really huge amount of smoke to the point you faint and get sick?

Latest posts

Back