Negative Reputations

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Sky

Reaction score
I think that being able to give another member a negative reputation isn't a good idea at all. I know that this is a world of free speech and opinions, but this is a support forum for lonely people, who need positive advice, and all of the encouragement they can get. Yes positive reputations a great, but negatives can create hate, emotional pain,flaming and even enemies. What do you think?

For what it's worth I agree with you Blue Sky. Allowing for negative reputations just opens the door to retaliatory behavior and can lead to further pain and hurt in an arena that should be a safe haven.

Blue Sky said:
I think that being able to give another member a negative reputation isn't a good idea at all. I know that this is a world of free speech and opinions, but this is a support forum for lonely people, who need positive advice, and all of the encouragement they can get. Yes positive reputations a great, but negatives can create hate, emotional pain,flaming and even enemies. What do you think?

i kinda agree 2 except i dont like the positives either cuz then it ends up being a popularity contest

I agree. My problem is that two born again Atheists have flamed me in my reputation. Just because I believe in God, and I'm not embarassed to admit it!

NewBirth said:
i kinda agree 2 except i dont like the positives either cuz then it ends up being a popularity contest

I agree with NewBirth.

The negative opinions make the popular members feel bad, and the positive comments make the not-so-popular people feel inadequate.

I say remove the entire reputation point system.

I agree....negatives can hurt ppl like that, or maybe even cause fights.....

Blue Sky said:

I think most agree with you there and I do to.

It's weird to think that if all have been beaten hence why were here, why anyone would be negative to others..Kinda contradicts the premise of this whole place...

Crew99 said:
It's weird to think that if all have been beaten hence why were here, why anyone would be negative to others..Kinda contradicts the premise of this whole place...
Yes, I totally agree with you, but I don't think anything is going to change, looks like we are stuck in negative mode lol.

yo. it could b worse. could u imagine like if a certain # of neg reps knocked u off the forum???
its like that in some other places ive been 2. & that really sux

lol NewBirth, That would be funny in one way tho. But not for a sight like this, But still hahahahah

No I Guss its not. Well I have never been booted of a sight but there is one not so far away from hear that I no longer feel welcome on.

Well owe bjarne hear runs the one am on about as well. He made someone a mod that I have beef with and well ,,,, Hes a trouble maker and there is another mod that's a bit to big for hes boots but that don't seem to bother any one. The least off all bjarne.

But Guss this one well be run no different to that one so all this not wanting negative repetition points. I Guss well fall on deaf ears.

Any way I don't mean to come across as a party popper. Am glad hes made this sight as its needed I think and there is not much support for ppl who are lonely so this is good for that. Even tho he probably doing it for the money and not for ppl being lonely. But that don't make no deference to us that use it. Am just saying that saying you don't wont something are wont something is a wast of time. And am sorry if that offends you bjarne but that's just the way I see it.

bluey said:
No I Guss its not. Well I have never been booted of a sight but there is one not so far away from hear that I no longer feel welcome on.

Well owe bjarne hear runs the one am on about as well. He made someone a mod that I have beef with and well ,,,, Hes a trouble maker and there is another mod that's a bit to big for hes boots but that don't seem to bother any one. The least off all bjarne.

But Guss this one well be run no different to that one so all this not wanting negative repetition points. I Guss well fall on deaf ears.

Any way I don't mean to come across as a party popper. Am glad hes made this sight as its needed I think and there is not much support for ppl who are lonely so this is good for that. Even tho he probably doing it for the money and not for ppl being lonely. But that don't make no deference to us that use it. Am just saying that saying you don't wont something are wont something is a wast of time. And am sorry if that offends you bjarne but that's just the way I see it.

You can tell me to mind my business, and I probably won't :p, but shouldn't you be addressing your concerns with Bjarne directly with him?

Colette said:
You can tell me to mind my business, and I probably won't :p, but shouldn't you be addressing your concerns with Bjarne directly with him?

Well this is feed back and I was just giving a view all be it at the time I was not a moderator but still that should make no deference. But I am pretty sure that he reads every thing in feed back. So well read my posts including everybody else's.

And the other guy that I don't get on with in another forum, Well in spit of that he is doing a pretty good job. Which is the mean thing from bjarne,s point of view.

If he was to have held a grudge from my post I doubt it very much that he would have made me a moderator. I thank him for the opertunety and dose show that he is able to take constructive criticism in hes stride.

And there is nothing wrong with being a bit brazen lol Shows your a spirited women ;)

Latest posts

Back