Nervous, but ran 2 dungeons anyway

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodeilla

Reaction score
I started play World of Warcraft again with this new "Panda" release. My sister plays and she's already 90 (max). I'm only 85. She offered to run with me through some dungeons. It meant running with 3 other strangers. That makes me nervous. I've had some bad experiences with people being cruel if you don't get things just right.

But I did it. And I had fun. It helps that my sister is the leader. She's a tank. She knows what she's doing and whisper helpful info to me. So I'm proud of myself.

I might do it some more.

Congrats! :)
I know how big of a deal this is.. because I also have a friend that gets very uncomfortable playing with strangers.
and WoW can be a real snake pit when playing instances at higher lvls.. it's not a game to some people lol.

Good for you! And yeah, there's some people on there that nerd rage over the simplest mistakes. You just gotta try not to let it get to you when they do. I would try to find a guild that you can make friends with and eventually run dungeons with them. And like you said, it helps a ton to have an experienced tank that knows what they're doing.

I actually haven't played in many years (i was most active during Burning Crusade). During that time though, I was in one of the top Horde guilds on the server, and obviously they required voice chat in order to raid. Now I played a DPS class, so I never needed to speak much myself, but there were a few encounters when they needed me to. Every time I would get anxiety attacks and whatnot, even though I'd been playing with these people for about a year and knew them fairly well. Despite those times of nervousness, I had a ton of fun with those guys. Probably some of the best gaming years in my life. I don't play any more because I didn't fancy the direction the game was going. But hang in there Bo! Try running some more dungeons! :)

Best of luck

Yay well done!

It can be such a bad experience running groups with strangers, they can give you lots of abuse. But running them with people who are your friends (or at least people who know what they're doing and who you can rely on to not be dickbags - for example people who are in your guild) makes things so much more fun.

Hey what the hell, now I'm getting the urge to play WoW again >.>

I know what you mean, I hate running with pugs. I play DCUO and ended up in a league of good people and had a great time running things with them. Then people stopped playing as much and we couldn't run group things together so we merged with another league. They weren't anymore active than us. I did run a few group things with them but got bitched at, which bothered me because I rarely got people nagging me. Sometimes I get whispers from people I ran with before asking if I want to join them, sometimes I ignore it or make up and excuse back. A few bad experiences can really do a number on your confidence in your ability to play the game.

But when things go well it's a lot of fun, so congrats on that.

On a related note I played two games on the Starcraft 2 ladder today. I switched race from Protoss to Zerg and I haven't played since like January so I lost both games... but it felt pretty good about it. I enjoy playing zerg and losing more than playing protoss and winning oddly enough. Anyway I'm going to play some more games and try to not be so terrible in the future.

Kind of a tangent but they're both made by Blizzard and I figure the feeling of losing a game badly in starcraft II is a bit like getting an awful PuG in WoW

Latest posts

Back