Networking Trouble

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spectre

Reaction score
Hello all.
I have a Dell Optiplex GX100 running windows 2000 professional.
I want to give it internet by networking it together with my Dell Latitude D820 laptop running Windows XP.
is this even possible and, if so, how can I make this work?
Any suggestions would be awesome.

Yes indeed it is possible. basically you want to enable internet connection sharing. Not familiar with how to do that on Windows as I'm not a windows user but a quick google on "internet connection sharing windows xp" will yield a decent guide.

A few seconds later: Look what I found! http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306126

Give it a try.

i tried it out, and it really helped, for a little bit. but once i got to the configuration of the older computer the instructions were completely off from what was happening to my pc. thanks for the effort though.

Well its the host computer that will need to be really configured. You see it basically turns it into a router. So all other computers should be able to connect like they would with any other wifi network BUT you have windows 2000 and to my knowledge that didn't come with any wifi connection manager. You'll most probably need to download some software for managing wifi connections with that OS.

Also mad props for sticking to a good OS like windows 2000

Latest posts

Back