Never been..... Not Single!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
36. Never had a girlfriend. Um, I think I'm the oldest that's posted on here so far...what did I win? :p

My friend is 22 and hasn't. Personally, I think he is cute. Plus he can sing (and his voice melts your heart!!). But somehow girls around him don't see it... Could never understand why the best people end up not having a gf/bf... Think some just need to learn to see people oike you for who you are... Not what they demand out of people.

Melsaldi said:
36. Never had a girlfriend. Um, I think I'm the oldest that's posted on here so far...what did I win? :p

I am 45 never had a serious girlfriend. One in the 90's lasted about 3 weeks, she was seeing some other bloke at the same time. In 2010 I saw this woman for about a month, she was seeing somebody else as well. Last year I saw this woman for one date so I can't count her.

Pretty miserable stuff !

Senamian said:
My friend is 22 and hasn't. Personally, I think he is cute. Plus he can sing (and his voice melts your heart!!). But somehow girls around him don't see it... Could never understand why the best people end up not having a gf/bf... Think some just need to learn to see people oike you for who you are... Not what they demand out of people.

I've found that with some of my friends too. One in particular was single until he turned 27. Since then (in my eyes) he's hit the jackpot and has now been in a stable relationship for about a year with a very pretty girl. Law graduate from Oxford, who's very smart, loving and funny. I will confess to a little bit of envy having met her. But I'm also thrilled that everything has worked out so well for him because he is a very caring guy with a lot to offer. Very clever, witty and loyal to his friends.

Another of my friends was single until he reached the age of 23 or 24 I think it was. Since then he met a lovely girl who he's been in a relationship for 3 or 4 years now. Their relationship has endured despite their lives requiring them to move apart for significant periods of time.

I raise these points because I don't think any of you should lose hope. Press on and keep trying to find the right lady for you. Don't believe you have no right to the most amazing woman you meet, talk to her and see if she sees you the same way! Oh and don't forget to spend your single time on yourself and figuring out who you are and what you bring to a relationship. Your friends will see these things :)

I think most single people I know want to be single. They don't want anybody. They have had bad experiences etc and want a quiet life. That isn't just me thinking that, it's based on what they tell me. I think these people could meet somebody quite easily. Seen it several times, when the kids grow up they find somebody. Piss easy. I don't know anybody who has failed so miserably than me. I seem the very bottom of the ladder. The few experiences in the last few years have just illustrated the fact.

I'm 34.. I've had a few on-off lovers, but not a girlfriend. And I was more outgoing back then, so I think that ship has sailed. Maybe the best thing is not to think about it?

MortSahlfan said:
I'm 34.. I've had a few on-off lovers, but not a girlfriend. And I was more outgoing back then, so I think that ship has sailed. Maybe the best thing is not to think about it?
Never say never! I'm 40 and trust me, it's never too late. Things happen when you least expect it

Me too. I'm 30 now, and still haven't had even had one date, let alone a girlfriend. I rack my brains trying to figure out why. Part of the problem is that there simply isn't anyone around I find interesting enough to want to date, especially more than some of the girls I already met, and messed up with or moved too slowly with because I didn't know any better. The other part of the problem is even when I do find someone interesting, it's me who isn't interesting enough for them, and/or I have too much insecurity.

One thing I really have a problem with is that as a male, I'm supposed to act like I don't care about anything, too cool for school. I'm just supposed to act like everything is fine all the time, even when it's not, and if I show emotions, especially negative ones like fear or doubt, I'm considered weak and not a "real man". I get that a woman doesn't want a guy who is going to be negative all the time, but life's not easy, and hiding emotions just to be "tough" seems stupid and fake. It's just not true. I could lie and say I don't care that I don't have a girlfriend or if I ever get one, but it just wouldn't be true. I don't want to be a typical man only interested in sex, but I really am starving for intimacy and it hurts that few to no women want to be with me. It makes me feel inferior, like I'm just inherently a low-ranking person and there's nothing I can do to change or fix it - like "someone who isn't good enough" is just what I am. I hate that feeling, it's like getting slapped in the face and spit on constantly.

I guess I need to keep working on myself. I won't quit on it because I want a girlfriend badly, I want to experience sex and romantic love. It just gets frustrating at times.

I've only had one relationship and that was when I turned 30 (This year). We met on a dating site/app.

It's probably more common than you'd think. My cousin is nearly 23, has never had a boyfriend but has been asked out plenty of times.

LoneStar1989 said:
Anyone out there who has never had a girlfriend or Boyfriend? Ok, before getting bombarded by proposals ;) let me just say that I'm just curious trying to decide if I am strange... I'm 23 going on 24 never had a Bf or anything remotely like one!

Hey hey there. Are you still single?

Anyway, I'm single too, and that really makes us a perfect match, don't you think?  :cool:

Ok, so i'm 32 going on 33 still a virgin and never even kissed a girl, it's gotten to the point for me that i'm scared of the other sex, and it seems with good reason, when someone finally did cross my path a little over a year ago i opened up, confided in her and dared to think this "happy life" i see all around me and seems to come so easy for everyone but me was actually going to happen.... and then .... nothing.

So are you strange? i'd say NO,

What is strange? Being different from masses, thinking different, acting different, looking different. What does that tell you about everyone who is "normal" ? Embrace being different if you are, because the world would be a boring and bland place without those who are different!
Ofcourse that doesn't meen being different is easy....

LoneStar1989 said:
Anyone out there who has never had a girlfriend or Boyfriend? Ok, before getting bombarded by proposals ;) let me just say that I'm just curious trying to decide if I am strange... I'm 23 going on 24 never had a Bf or anything remotely like one!

Yes, I have always been single. I have never had a girlfriend. Never been in a relationship and I wish to be single till death as well. No, you are not alone and there is nothing wrong and nothing strange about this as well.

Latest posts

Back