new, alone, miserable

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

oarivan

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Always been lonely but after suffering a major breakup last month I'm feeling even worse. So I'm in a whole new country, 0 friends and suffering from heartbreak while failing at college. Guess I'm looking to talk to a few folks and just have some companionship, even if its online.

Hope I can make at least a friend here.

- oarivan

Oh yea and I live in Auckland, New Zealand so if there's anyone from that area looking for a friend or whatever please hit me back

Hey Welcome to the forum.

I used to live in Auckland but now I'm in Australia, I would hit you up for friendship but your way younger than me I'm 33.

Sorry to hear what you are going through, life must suck.

hi oarvian

welcome to the forum

i'm sorry about the bad breakup i hope someday it will be for the better,

although it may feel too painful to believe that everyone feels such a pain in there life

hang in there

we're all in this together and i'm puling for you

*hugs*

peace

:D

Welcome oarivan. Come here and post whatever you feel like. whatever on your mind. We'd love to see your posts here :)
distance should not be an obstacle for friendship. sure we can be your friends :)
take it easy

Welcome to the forum.
It sounds like things are being pretty hard on you right now. Hopefully things change for the better soon.

Oarivan I'm going to be frank with you. It sounds like what you're going through right now may require a professional. I urge you to use the counseling services at your college to help you through this tough time. Please get help. We all need help at one time or another. There is no need for you to struggle alone. You deserve to feel better. Ask for help.

Welcome to ALL :)

SophiaGrace said:
Oarivan I'm going to be frank with you. It sounds like what you're going through right now may require a professional. I urge you to use the counseling services at your college to help you through this tough time. Please get help. We all need help at one time or another. There is no need for you to struggle alone. You deserve to feel better. Ask for help.

I've been in therapy for close to a year now. They call it chronic depression :s Heck I'm even on anti-D's. But it doesn't seem to get better. Life's a rollercoaster and it seems whenever I go up, I just crash down and boy do I crash down hard. I'm still picking up the pieces.

oarivan said:
SophiaGrace said:

I've been in therapy for close to a year now. They call it chronic depression :s Heck I'm even on anti-D's. But it doesn't seem to get better. Life's a rollercoaster and it seems whenever I go up, I just crash down and boy do I crash down hard. I'm still picking up the pieces.

Maybe you should try switching anti-depressants? There are a lot of them out there and thats what they usually reccomend to do when one anti depressant doesnt seem to work. They go through different anti-depressants until they find one that works for the patient.

oarivan said:

Yeah, I'm the same. Didn't know that I had been so depressed for so long until I experienced a brief period of time where I actually was happy. It was mind blowing how different it felt. It continues to be a roller coaster, but I think the best anyone can hope for is to get better at anticipating, recognizing and recovering from the crashes. They happen, but there are things that help break the fall and keep it from spiraling into the really awful fresia-up-my-future-and-threaten-my-life type of black holes. At least I ******* hope so O.O Meds help some, but you are right about them not being a cure-all. I've been on and off anti-depressants and anti-psychotics (very mild ones) and I know I do better with a little chemical stability. I just need to wrap my head around the fact that i am someone who just needs help sometimes. I think that's the hardest part, admitting weakness and being vulnerable, and being okay with that. That and the ability to forgive myself for the things that I have messed up and the opportunities I have lost when I wasn't in control and not let the guilt weigh me down. I guess I am trying to say 'welcome,' and maybe, 'it gets better I promise'?

Latest posts

Back