new here, and lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beetrootsoup

Reaction score
Hi there peeps. I've been lurking around this site for days now, and finding a lot of comfort and identification here. So I thought I'd come out of seclusion and say hello. I found this site by means of my many googlings of 'lonely', 'I am lonely', 'I'm so lonely', etc. How sad, I know. My loneliness has come and gone over the years, but now that I've hit my mid-century (I don't even want to give the number) it's got worse and become, I think, chronic. It goes hand in hand with depression, more often than not (I have a diagnosis of bipolar disorder). I'm beginning to accept that this is my default setting, and become a bit resigned.

I will now do things I might not have before to assuage the loneliness...things like sitting in a cafe for hours on end. Going shopping or for a walk because I can't stand my own company any longer. My last partner was a user as well as a mentally challenged, yet I stuck with him out of fear of the alternative - loneliness. It's really serious guys. I'm so glad to find you...hopefully I won't feel quite so monstrous if I hang out here. I heard loneliness can affect the health. I see why. The stress is unbelievable. Lately I've wanted out, yet I know I don't have the nerve to end my life.

Heey there, warmest welcome to you! I am really glad you found this site, there are, as you noticed, many here who know what it feels like to be alone. So remember this, you are not alone! We are here for you get your life back together! You can do that, and we're here to help you, you're not monster here, you are a valuable soul!

Hello.

My last partner was a user as well as a mentally challenged, yet I stuck with him out of fear of the alternative - loneliness

So I'm assuming it's a recent breakup then? You're doing the right thing getting out & about rather that sitting in and dwelling or whatever. It just sound like you're not used to being on your own?

Welcome to the forum anyways :)

Welcome! :) There are a lot of good people here, that will be able to give you advice or a listening ear.

Welcome beetrootsoup!
Googling desperate questions is exactly how I found this place. I hope it will help you feel better and alleviate the loneliness! We're here to help any way we can :)

Welcome to the forum. I think most of us probably found this site by googling loneliness. It's tough being lonely but being out alone does seem to be better being home alone. Sometimes you end up talking to interesting people.

I really can't stand the loneliness any longer so I'm going to make an effort to contact the friends I have, have spaghetti and games parties, go to the gym, go places. Keep going out and keep going where the people are. Even a short conversation with a stranger is better than no human contact at all.

Hey, thank you so much for the warm welcome guys. To answer your question, 9006, yes, it is a recent breakup. My ex is now in prison! But I was only with him for 20 months. Despite all his faults, I miss the guy, and have been emailing and writing to him in prison, but haven't heard anything back since before Christmas. So I'm thinking what on earth's happened to him, or can he just not be bothered? It's a bit complicated. I actually broke up with him before he went to prison. Back then I was a bit stronger. Now I am at my most vulnerable. A friend got angry with me over a text and ditched me, I'm also really upset over that. There's loads of stuff going on conspiring to make me feel extremely depressed and lonely.

I'm glad I found you guys though. And that I finally got the courage to actually say hello! It's so good to know I'm not as alone as I sometimes feel. Loneliness is an epidemic these days.

Hi again guys. I just tried to go into the chat rooms, but couldn't get connected (on either of them). Any idea why this might be?

Hi again guys. I just tried to go into the chat rooms, but couldn't get connected (on either of them). Any idea why this might be?

The first time I tried to get on chat it didn't work, so I went to the chat help and found out it was some sort of setting I had to change. Try chat help, they listed a lot of different reason's why it won't work.

Welcome beetrootsoup

Please do try chat again. When you go in there, there needs a moderator or admin to let you in the the first time. Some times no moderators there, best to do is make your name there same as forum, and leave the page open to wait. Good luck getting in again, it is kind of slow there recently and needs new people.

Latest posts

Back