New Painting

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaguarundi

Reaction score
Just finished a new painting, I posted the photo from which it was taken some while ago. It was one I took when out with my dog.

So here is the photo..

[
2j4y3rp.jpg

Below is the underpainting, the starting point for the oil painting (there is no drawing underneath, I start straight off with a brush).

dmqhs8.jpg

Some essential equipment for the art group I belonging to.. Jacqueline made this cherry clafoutis with fruit from her garden..

2yxpzia.jpg

And finally the finished oil painting..

2i6fhqx.jpg

jaguarundi said:
Just finished a new painting, I posted the photo from which it was taken some while ago. It was one I took when out with my dog.

So here is the photo..

[
2j4y3rp.jpg

Below is the underpainting, the starting point for the oil painting (there is no drawing underneath, I start straight off with a brush).

dmqhs8.jpg

Some essential equipment for the art group I belonging to.. Jacqueline made this cherry clafoutis with fruit from her garden..

2yxpzia.jpg

And finally the finished oil painting..

2i6fhqx.jpg

Lovely :)

You are very talented ! :)

WOW Jags !!!!!!

You're an AMAZING artist. The picture you painted is stunning :D
You live in a very beautiful place. It's so picturesque :)

Awesome! Both the painting and the cake :)

seriously, I had forgotten how well you can paint, I remember now some purple flowers you posted some time ago, beautiful

Thank you everyone!

The clafoutis was alas not garnished with cream, ice cream, Creme Anglais or cool aid ..(or was that Whip? the S&M dessert choice of the U.S, obviously).

It was however very delicious! .

Wow that's really nice, excellent job. An no weird alien thing in the background to ruin the scene.

Very nice, but it is missing a weird alien thing.

Thank you everyone.😸

I am pleased to see that 2 of our moderators really know how to focus on the 'weird alien thing' elements of art and photography...:p

To answer LittSecret, I did O and A level art many years ago when dinosaurs roamed the earth. I wanted to go to art school, but it wasn't on the cards for me, my father did not not believe in higher education of any sort and Art.. You can imagine... So I went to work and basically did not paint or draw again for many years.

Then I went on a watercolour holiday in Greece, started using pastels again and over here joined the painting club about 9 or 10 years ago. Never had painted in oils before, it's not always easy, and not like the graphic media at all, but very absorbing.

So I highly recommend taking up a passion from your younger days. I am not the artist I might have been if I had been to art school, but I still really enjoy it. Love it, actually.

jaguarundi said:
Thank you everyone.😸

I am pleased to see that 2 of our moderators really know how to focus on the 'weird alien thing' elements of art and photography...:p

To answer LittSecret, I did O and A level art many years ago when dinosaurs roamed the earth. I wanted to go to art school, but it wasn't on the cards for me, my father did not not believe in higher education of any sort and Art.. You can imagine... So I went to work and basically did not paint or draw again for many years.

Then I went on a watercolour holiday in Greece, started using pastels again and over here joined the painting club about 9 or 10 years ago. Never had painted in oils before, it's not always easy, and not like the graphic media at all, but very absorbing.

So I highly recommend taking up a passion from your younger days. I am not the artist I might have been if I had been to art school, but I still really enjoy it. Love it, actually.

That is terrible you weren't able to pursue this when you were younger, you clearly have a talent. I'm so glad you were able to get back into it, I find it very therapeutic now but back when I first started I could have thrown most of my canvases out of the window (that feeling still hasn't 100% gone lol)
I love oil and acrylic paintieven though I consider them the most difficult to use, I just love there results more, I.e. Your painting :)

Littlesecret said:
jaguarundi said:
Thank you everyone.😸

That is terrible you weren't able to pursue this when you were younger, you clearly have a talent. I'm so glad you were able to get back into it, I find it very therapeutic nowbut back when I first started I could have thrown most of my canvases out of the window (that feeling still hasn't 100% gone lol)
I love oil and acrylic paintieven though I consider them the most difficult to use, I just love there results more, I.e. Your painting :)

Well I wasn't what you might call brilliant to start with, and I still have things that don't succeed, for sure, lol!!😹 And I wish my style was different, it feels too cautious sometimes, but it just seems to come out that way.

But its one of those things with art, so many people think that everything you do has to be a masterpiece first off, and if it isn't they give up, which is a shame. I mean, it really doesn't work that way, does it? I say this a lot, but no-one would expect to play a Rachmaninoff piano concerto after 2 piano lessons so why do people expect to produce a Rembrandt at the first try? Just getting to grips with the medium itself and letting go of trying to draw it all on the canvas first, was a huge struggle in the beginning😹

So where are your paintings then, come on let's see them😸

jaguarundi said:
Well I wasn't what you might call brilliant to start with, and I still have things that don't succeed, for sure, lol!!😹 And I wish my style was different, it feels too cautious sometimes, but it just seems to come out that way.

But its one of those things with art, so many people think that everything you do has to be a masterpiece first off, and if it isn't they give up, which is a shame. I mean, it really doesn't work that way, does it? I say this a lot, but no-one would expect to play a Rachmaninoff piano concerto after 2 piano lessons so why do people expect to produce a Rembrandt at the first try? Just getting to grips with the medium itself and letting go of trying to draw it all on the canvas first, was a huge struggle in the beginning😹

So where are your paintings then, come on let's see them😸

That's very true, but while I was in college doing art I use to envy people that just had a natural flare for it!
It took me nearly a year to get the right balance of thinning and breaking down paint with linden oil and turps. I had so many oily messes to begin with lol.
Oh God, I have to say how brave you are putting your painting up, because I only do it for myself I never really let anyone really see them. I couldn't handle thought of criticism on them out of fear it would stop me doing it.

Thanks veruca!. 😺

Little S ..if you went to art college then you must have been used to critique. It's part of the process, as you very well know! If you think that's bad try it in a real poetry workshop where the trembling emotionally charged beatings of your heart are ripped to shreds because basically, the poetry sucks. But I still kept going back to that as well, and I got a lot better at it, too.

So come on. You will be better by far than me and i will be so jealous😽

jaguarundi said:
Thanks veruca!. 😺

Little S ..if you went to art college then you must have been used to critique. It's part of the process, as you very well know! If you think that's bad try it in a real poetry workshop where the trembling emotionally charged beatings of your heart are ripped to shreds because basically, the poetry sucks. But I still kept going back to that as well, and I got a lot better at it, too.

So come on. You will be better by far than me and i will be so jealous😽

I must disagree with you Jag, In college I studied art and design most of my work consisted of installations, films and pottery, which I didn't mind being critiqued because that's what it was made for. I've only seriously taken up painting a few years ago when my anxiety and rumination got out of control and it was a way of freeing my mind. I don't want to tamper with something that helps me. Maybe one day I'll show a few of them but certainly not today lol.

Latest posts

Back