New to the forum- searching for help, support and understanding

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Celeste and I'm 25 years old. I have battled a self-esteem issue for as long as I can remember. For what reason, I am unsure, but I have had events in my life that may have contributed to these issues I have with myself, the issues I have with others and my general outlook on life.

I have, as of recently, been trying to figure out on my own what is "wrong" with me,,,I've been trying really hard to "help" myself....and for doing it alone, I think I've one an 'ok' job. But my issues still remain and I'm unsure how to go about fixing myself completely.

For a living, I work in an animal hospital- a career I absolutely love. I have been with a wonderful guy for the past 5 years, we are not married and we share no children. We do, however, have 3 fur babies (cats).
Although my guy is supportive, and tried to help...I find it difficult to explain to him my emotions, how I feel about certain things, why I react the way I do. I find it difficult to explain my insecurities to someone whom has never had to experience them the way I do.

I really could sit here for hours explaining what I hate about myself...but I don't think that's what you all need to hear right now. In a nutshell- I have very little self-worth, if any. I consider myself a very selfless person, perhaps because I see no sense in wasting time on myself.

I guess...I'm really just looking for a support group...people who understand what it feels like, people who have opinions and ideas of how to help, people to talk to when I am having a bad day.

OH dear, I have rambled on fair more than anticipated....anyway, I'm new here and I'm hoping to find some solutions for the hurdles presented to me.

There are many people on this forum who are suffering from and recovering from low self esteem. You can find many people who will understand exactly what you are talking about here.

I'd recommend a few things...continue to post on this forum, start a journal, take good care of yourself physically, find more hobbies and things you enjoy doing. Consider trying yoga and/or meditation. Do some research, read a self help book and look up positive self talk and affirmations.

Celeste,

Hi and Welcome to the Forum! :)

I suffer from self-esteem issues also, and so do many people in this Forum, as Kat said.

You may not like what I am going to say, but I recently started Therapy and found that it is hopeful that I can get some help with that issue and many others. I didn't know I needed therapy again until I re-started going. (I previously went for many, many years and it helped a lot). Maybe you may want try it? Also, please coun't your blessings that you have a good man, good job, and 3 little "fur balls" that you love. So many people (including me) would give anything for that. (I am not saying, however, that those things ease your pain and problem!)

The best to you!

Welcome to the forums, Celeste. I love animals too and always wanted to work with them. That's a great thing you're doing.

There are supportive members here who are willing to help and give you their advice, and who understand.

Hope you feel at home here, it's good to have you with us.

Latest posts

Back