New Years Eve

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whirligig

Reaction score
The one time of the year when everyone is supposed to have a party. Everyone enjoys themselves (mostly). I'm dreading it. I have nowhere to go, and perhaps more worryingly, I don't really seem that concerned. I'd rather fall asleep and find the whole shebang has happened without me.

I find it concerning that I don't expect anyone to attempt to tempt me out of my isolation. Being all on my own wouldn't be so bad if it was by choice. I'm just all on my own because the rest of the universe isn't interested in my company. That can't be a good thing.

For me, sleeping through it has become my favorite way to spend it. I have done that for a number of years.

As you mention, being on your own wouldn't be so bad if it was by choice. I don't mind it at all except when i have no choice and then it is smothering. Any more, i never have any choice.

There is usually some people here during that time.

To me its just like every other holiday or big social event that I'll be spending alone so I feel like I'm sort of used to it although the lonliness still does get to me.Although I have never tried sleeping through it which I probably should try to because i usually just spend my time just listening to music on my computer thinking about it.

I always celabrate every holiday with my friend "Captain Morgan" (As in Rum)

When we get together it's always a Party and one of us always ends up naked!:rolleyes:

NewYears Day is just the first day of the year I wake up naked and hung over.:(

I think I'll be spending a chunk of New Years on the chatroom. I may well bring Mr Morgan along too. Perhaps I'll see you there. If I do, I'll be sure to say hello.

I sleep through New Year celebrations *oh...shamelessly so!* I don't know, all that rah-rah excitement just doesn't do anything for me. I only get woken up by the fire crackers that everyone seem to want to light up at the stroke of midnight.

Funny how firecrackers are technically illegal where I'm from but at the stroke of midnight of each celebration (you name it, CHristmas, New Year, Independence Day), they let 'em rip like those things are as legal as potato chips.

It'll probably be just like last new years eve. I'll be sitting alone in the living room watching a movie on tv.

eh last 3 new years i was alone

07 i played ffXII

last 2 years i spent here online with some popcorn

then last year i had some chinese and a grape sode,

man i could go for a grape soda right now

Latest posts

Back