newbie says hi :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nightscribe

Reaction score
Scared to post but trying not to sound like a complete dork.

Hi y'all. Trying to find someplace to post, maybe come out of my shell a little.

I'm disabled and pretty much stuck at home. My life revolves around tv and Internet right now. Not the best life I coulda wanted, but it is what it is. I lurk on forums, read blogs, play Pogo and WoW. I wanted to be a professional writer, but the talent just isn't there.

Some days are good, others ... not so much. I like being alone, but some days, it's just too **** quiet. Was hoping there might be some folks here who understand that.

Anyway, that's me for now. meow

I am glad that you did decide to post. Hopefully some day you will consider giving us a sample of you writing in the " Express Yourself" section.

Welcome :)

nightscribe said:
I wanted to be a professional writer, but the talent just isn't there.

Greetings nightscribe, and welcome.

Don't be too quick to abandon your literary aspirations. Talent in writing is just like talent in anything else; you have to practice to make perfect.

A lot of people say real writers have to possess natrual writing abilities if they want to make a living at it. Personally, I believe this simply means you can put words together in a comprehensible fashion, and I can tell from your post that this is something you can do. You have to work hard to develope your writing chops, just like muscles or math skills. They say a writer doesn't find their voice until they've written a million or so words, so keep reading and keep writing!

See you around!

Thanks for the welcome!

Spare said:
They say a writer doesn't find their voice until they've written a million or so words, so keep reading and keep writing!

See you around!

Ohh, doing the first million words was easy, I just felt like I was wasting perfectly good ink and paper. I started feeling horrible guilt that some poor tree died and for what -- my garbled little scribbles?

But anyway :rolleyes2: glad to be here. :)

Get yourself a few reams of recycled paper and 'keep on keepin on!'

Welcome to the forum Nightscribe. What genre do you write in?

hello, nice to meet you...I used to write a little poetry but I'm not so keen to share that either...but I'm of the school of thought that if you enjoy something it doesn't really matter if you are any good...it's the 'doing' that counts...

Anyway Hi

Latest posts

Back