Nice buildings

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Volt said:
Richard_39 said:
See, seeing stuff like that reminds me of when I walk home; what kind of rich a-hole bribed, or seduced, or conned his way into enough money to be able to afford that?!?!

And, more importantly...can I do it too? ;-)

The trick is to go in the house and kill the owner.

Don't you get arrested  when that happens? Don't get me wrong, I'm game, but I'd like to actually LIVE in the place more than 4 minutes ;-)

Richard_39 said:
Don't you get arrested  when that happens? Don't get me wrong, I'm game, but I'd like to actually LIVE in the place more than 4 minutes ;-)

Right, yeah that's an inconvenience hmm.

71f12e02b3659810a43bb66dcf93b18a--log-houses-dream-houses.jpg

log-home-plans-plh.jpg

Volt said:
^ Where is that?

That is the British Columbia Parliament Building, in Victoria BC.  :)  I've been there about four times.  It's the most ornate building I've seen in person.   It's lit up every night which is really pretty as well.

A 25 year old architecture won a contest to design it in 1893.  He was an English immigrant.  :)  

beautiful-night-lights.jpg

fairmontempress.jpg

The same architect designed this across the street pretty much, on the harbour.   The Empress Hotel.

Volt said:
It needs some maintenance, there is green growing on it!

lol.  The 'prized' imported English Ivy.  They have Ivy removal work bees every year apparently to keep it out of the grounds.

I do love unusual looking buildings, especially old ones. 

This will always be one of my most favourite buildings: 
hampton-court-palace-detail.jpg
 The architecture throughout is quite breathtaking. 

I always find London quite sad these days. There are so many stunning older buildings (The Tower of London for example), but they are being swamped by these great glass monstrosities, and they just aren't anywhere near as appealing.

PurpleStar said:
I always find London quite sad these days. There are so many stunning older buildings (The Tower of London for example), but they are being swamped by these great glass monstrosities, and they just aren't anywhere near as appealing.

I feel personally attacked. 

Nah but, i like your post as well. Also Loaded's post. There's something monumental about it.

Volt said:
PurpleStar said:

I feel personally attacked. 

Nah but, i like your post as well. Also Loaded's post. There's something monumental about it.

Lol, sorry Volt  :)

I will concede there is some great designing behind them, but they just don't have the same impact

I know I'm at home when they call me "Loaded".

The only thing to make me more at home is to go full Australian, and say "**** off, Loaded!" :)

TheLoadedDog said:
I know I'm at home when they call me "Loaded".

The only thing to make me more at home is to go full Australian, and say "**** off, Loaded!"  :)

fresia off, Loaded!

:D

******* hell, I wasn't the fresia ******* sure if I could ******* swear on this ******* webfuckingsite...

Latest posts

Back