Nice buildings

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a few words that are off limits but ******* is definitely not one of them!

I once saw a competition for a new swear word. The winner was "jackhole". It gets through the filters too! :)

A bit too American for me though. I prefer "arse biscuits".

TheLoadedDog said:
I once saw a competition for a new swear word.  The winner was "jackhole".  It gets through the filters too!  :)

LOL That sounds like a fun competition. You Aussies have all the fun ;-)

I'm kind of partial to "Ass-butt" because of Supernatural lol.

I got some news ones too that are unique to Quebec and not very popularized, like Tabarnak, Câlisse, Saint-Ciboire ;-)

Toilet paper is known as "arse tickets."

"Jackhole" was definitely US. You guys have some fun.

Quebec, eh? The old Australian soldier's thing on R&R...

"What's the French for
soixante neuf?"

TheLoadedDog said:
Toilet paper is known as "arse tickets."

"Jackhole" was definitely US.  You guys have some fun.

Quebec, eh?  The old Australian soldier's thing on R&R...

"What's the French for
soixante neuf?"

Um, soixante-neuf? lol
I don't know, didn't even know this place was the old Australian soldier's R&R place. Ironically I have yet to meet an Australian in the flesh and I really want to, because your country's on my to-do list.
We're more Americanized now than at any point in our history, though. Kinda sad. A culture is slowly dying.

Volt said:
It's okay to be Québécois.

LOL Not according to a lot of Canada. Well, as long as we speak english and stop being criminals or whiny little self-centered cry-babies ;-)
Thought it's slowly changing with the young ones, there's always that.
But that's another can of worms.

I think it was more metropolitan France itself in WW1.   Allied troops knew Ypres as "wipers".

Real life Australians will disappoint you.  We're less crocodile-wrestling and more mortgages and city commuting....

TheLoadedDog said:
I think it was more metropolitan France itself in WW1.   Alied troops knew Ypres as "wipers".

Real life Australians will disappoint you.  We're less crocodile-wrestling and more mortgages and city commuting....

Yeah but I heard you're more "couple of brewskis at Pete's place" and that's right down my alley.
A good drinker is a hard thing to find, and it might only be a stereotype, but apparently you guys know your liquors ;-)
You'd be surprised how much that's changed in Quebec in these last few years. Now it's all prissy electro-german party places with names like "Das Baarzen".
Ugh.
You always get looked at sideways when you talk to someone for no reason or try to help someone just to help them. It reminds me way too much of New York and not enough of the warm place I grew up in.

Volt said:
cd28325407a595eddeb10027e1d2fb22.jpg

That is a superb looking building. Almost looks haunted-ish too.

Makes me want to make a Sims house like this.

I actively enjoy a good swearing filter. It's not that I dislike swearing - I love it. But a filter forces one to be creative. You can call somebody a loathesome slimefilth toiletlord sewerworm, and nobody can ping you for it.

1Xpy0me.jpg

As hinted at earlier, MisterLonely (right) and i (left) met up and had a look around the buildings he posted earlier. Markthall mainly. In the background is also a nice building. May post some Markthall shots later.

Yeah, I just called the doctor and that blister is just too much, I'm afraid the foot is a goner....
Also I'm not unhappy with that picture! Although it looks like my eyes are black as night, and I need a haircut :D

Latest posts

Back