no dates.........

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mripod64

Reaction score
all my friends have had a date with in the week of there 16th birthday (in my religion we wait till were 16) and its been almost a year since my 16th b-day and i still havnt had one...at my church dances every girl iv asked to dance with me has said "no" or "not if you paid me". im not an ugly person, im fairly strong, im a bit on the short side, im kinda socaily ackward. iv never been good with people, im scared of big groups of people. the girls in my school are just plain mean to me, when im just standing there getting something out of my locker one will come up behind me and ram me into it. or make me drop all my stuff in the hallway and steal some of my papers etc. i have very little friends, its always been hard for me to meet people or make friends. im just lonely and kinda scared ill never have a date...at least thats my fear.

You've probably heard this a million times before.. But you're still young. Don't worry about it too much and it will happen when you least expect it.

Also, if those girls are treating you like that, they are just jerks and you don't want to date them anyways. Those are the types of girls who will use you and run off with some other guy when they get bored of you. Keep your eye out for someone shy and a bit socially awkward like you are. She'll be a lot kinda than those who find it fun to shove you into your locker.

tehdreamer said:
You've probably heard this a million times before.. But you're still young. Don't worry about it too much and it will happen when you least expect it.

Also, if those girls are treating you like that, they are just jerks and you don't want to date them anyways. Those are the types of girls who will use you and run off with some other guy when they get bored of you. Keep your eye out for someone shy and a bit socially awkward like you are. She'll be a lot kinda than those who find it fun to shove you into your locker.

yes iv herd that before...iv just been so on my own that i feel invisible pretty much, and in my town a date is a big thing. but everyone seams to hate me or not want to have anything todo with me. and everytime i try to get ask someone out, they either say no or just ignore me.

I know this is the last thing you wanna hear but you need just to worrying about dating, the more you over think stuff the worse it is and generally the less lightly your get anywhere. Majority of girls arent attracted to guys that seem pathetic. You need to just have a good time, enjoy being young, get hobbies, get yourself out there, take up sports, join a band or something, let girls take an interest in you.
This is tough love but hun you arent going to find a date by wining about it, as a girl I can promise you that isnt attractive and in fact we can sense it and in most cases will run a mile, thats why girls go for mean jerks because they seem confident. You need to work on your confidence, I know thats hard but it will help you, girls will come and go, majority might be bitches thats a fact of life.
You'll not going to be alone forever, life can change in a wink of an eye, but you have to work at it, honestly you need to stop worrying so much and actually try finding fun stuff to do, it may be scary but surely being alone is scarier xx

thanks for your advice, i am trying to act as you say, in the hopes that it will lead somewhere. thanks

If this is any kind of consolation - I'm 17 and I've never had a girlfriend.

When I was back a high school I remember a time where all my best friends had girlfriends and I didn't, and that made me feel even more socially awkward about myself and girls then I already was, it used to worry be senseless and I used to think there was something wrong with me back then. However these days it doesn't bother me because I realise there are more important things in life to focus on and the need for a girlfriend isn't something I value or think about anymore.

I fully understand about the girls being 'mean' to you, it was likewise with me. Back at my school the girls were worse than the bullies because their comments would emotionally scar you which is more pain then any bully could cause you.

The advice I can give is stay positive and remain happy, try not to let this worry you to much. You have more chance of getting a girlfriend then me so take that as a compliment!

I am 32 years old and have never been on a date in my life. It's not that bad, really! I've had relationships, but never dated. I ended up being with people I already considered close friends.

i have never dated or been in a relationship or been romantically involved with anyone in anyway other than some random summer high school fling thing that was nothing more than high school making out. it didnt mean anything. and im 28.... so you got time.

true, i do have time. but now im starting to think that my dad is part of the problem too. when ever he is around i feel like going on a blind rage. and then ill get all depressed, and thats how i am for quite a bit of the day.
i dont know, this kinda sounds confusing..am i right?

No, doesn't sound confusing. Sounds about right for a 17 year old guy.

I do hope you clear things up with your dad, though... or at least reach a place where you can be around him without being so bitter and angry. Just keep in mind that it's easy to blame our parents for things that happen to us... but it's not always their fault.

I hope you find this true story encouraging:

In high school, a very good (guy) friend of mine never got a date. In college, he had some dates, but never ones that went anywhere. Fast forward to now, he is now in his mid-20s, and has had a stable girlfriend for several years now that he is going to ask to marry.

So I know it's impossible to say this without sounding condescending, and I'm sorry for that, but you're only 16/17! Take it easy...no need to rush.

i'm sorry to hear about what you're going through.

hmmm.... in my experience, when girls treated me like they're treating you, it usually meant that THEY were the akward ones and couldn't come up with a nice way to get my attention. so, you're almost 17, and i'm guessing these girls are about your age. unless they all have ADHD or some other hyperactive disorder, i'm guessing they actually LIKE you. why not learn to play their game? when they slam you into your locker and take your papers, do you chase after them?... cause that's what they want you to do. they WANT your attention. 17 year old girls don't do those kinds of things unless they have a horrible reason. not that going after you is horrible, but i can think of 10,000 other nicer ways to get someone's attention.

you mentioned that you were scared of big groups. this is a big no no for girls and guys alike. they can feel your fear. fear is weakness. you need to tighten your belt, roll up your sleeves, and act confident. this may be easier said than done, but it's what needs to be done. girls are naturally attracted to the confident guys. you should try and be more open. we're all diverse and i'm sure these chicks would just LOVE it if you showed them just who you were. good luck!!!

Latest posts

Back