no friends around me :/

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackveggie

Reaction score
Hi there!
i have a huge problem.
in my life i've had enough luck to get high intelligence and a working body, but i have no social skills.
i feel like eveybody around me is a phony who'se purpose in life is bad music and make up. I hate society because of that, because there is no deeper thought about life.
But being a human being , i need company.
I am surrounded by people everyday that know me.
I play guitar, study medicine, train, well, i actually do alot of stuff and people seem to look up to me.
But still, i don't have any friends.
I feel lonely and that is a big problem in my life.
What should i do to gain friends?

It can be hard to connect to others when you feel so different from them. It sounds like you feel that everyone around you is shallower than you in some way (or I could be misreading that). I don't think that is helping. Either because you're right and you have nothing in common or because you're wrong and you're coming across as being superior. Something to think about anyway. (Feel free to tell me I'm completely wrong btw. I often am).

Good luck.

Actually, i think you are right. I feel kinda superior, because i have my living standards. It's probably wrong to judge other people just because they don't work for their money, get everything served, take drugs and do "bad stuff",
have a light living.
I had it hard through my life so far, but that dosen't give me the right to judge others.

But still, i can't fit as their friend, they don't accept me.
I can't stop thinking as i think, but i would gladly stop trying to look superior.
Just because of my hard work, i got a huge ego.
That's killing me.
Do you have some tips in "not looking superior"?
or should i rephrase that, looking down on people?

To be honest, the only way that I know of is to NOT feel superior. It sounds like that would be difficult given the circumstances. Perhaps you should try finding some friends in another place? People that hold a similar attitude to life, work and things? Is there nowhere like that near you?

I think humility is a very valuable trait in a situation like this. I'm not saying that everyone needs to be humiliated, but I am saying that sometimes that is what it takes to bring you back to earth (so to speek).

The perfect example I can use in my own life is I thought that in the competition world, men were superior to women on a bicycle. Well it took a little bit and a few women who left me in their dust but I relized, well, thats not so true and it changed the way I thought.

If you are really good at something and you refuse to be around people who might not be as good as you, than you have eliminated lots of people.

My suggestion is to get involved with groups of like interest, but don't expect people to be as good as you, and don't have the atitude that your better than them just because you are more skilled at something.
If people see this in you they will be more willing to come to you for help since you do have the skills and this is how you make friends.

www.selfworthy.wordpress.com/

Latest posts

Back