No Relationship Is Better Than A Bad One!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeek

Reaction score
I gotta say this to everyone.....

if you are sad, lonely, depressed after losing a long term relationship or even a short term relationship to someone that you cared for...and they dumped you or mistreated you.....

No relationship is better than a bad one!!!

So count your blessings and change your attitude a little bit....it works for me at times...

:D

Zeek said:
I gotta say this to everyone.....

if you are sad, lonely, depressed after losing a long term relationship or even a short term relationship to someone that you cared for...and they dumped you or mistreated you.....

No relationship is better than a bad one!!!

So count your blessings and change your attitude a little bit....it works for me at times...

:D

Yeah, you're right. No point in trying to fix your bad relationship. Just break up and later on go find someone else to fresia...that's how it usually goes, right?

Lynth said:
Yeah, you're right. No point in trying to fix your bad relationship. Just break up and later on go find someone else to fresia...that's how it usually goes, right?

That's not how it went for me. I wanted it fixed. I tried to stay in the relationship for my children's sake and keep the family together. But she wouldn't have it! And with today's 'no-fault' divorce laws anyone can walk out on you for no reason and destroy your life.

Loneliness sucks....but it's better than being used and abused all the time....:cool:

Zeek said:
Lynth said:

That's not how it went for me. I wanted it fixed. I tried to stay in the relationship for my children's sake and keep the family together. But she wouldn't have it! And with today's 'no-fault' divorce laws anyone can walk out on you for no reason and destroy your life.

Loneliness sucks....but it's better than being used and abused all the time....:cool:

I apologize for being so cynical, I'm seeking relationship advice lately since I've never been in one.

I must ask you: Is the pain you're feeling now greater than the pleasure you experienced at the beginning of the relationship?

Take your time answering if you feel like it. I don't want to hijack your post and change the subject.

Lynth said:
I must ask you: Is the pain you're feeling now greater than the pleasure you experienced at the beginning of the relationship?

Take your time answering if you feel like it. I don't want to hijack your post and change the subject.

Good question....let me clarify....."Is the pain (the pain of losing the relationship) you're feeling now greater than the pleasure you experienced at the beginning of the relationship?

Looking back on it I would say "Yes, that the pain of losing the relationship (even a bad one) is greater than the pleasure at the beginning for many reasons." My answer probably has deep meaning that someone needs to interpret lol.....

Zeek said:
Lynth said:

Good question....let me clarify....."Is the pain (the pain of losing the relationship) you're feeling now greater than the pleasure you experienced at the beginning of the relationship?

Looking back on it I would say "Yes, that the pain of losing the relationship (even a bad one) is greater than the pleasure at the beginning for many reasons." My answer probably has deep meaning that someone needs to interpret lol.....

****! I was actually hoping you would confirm my initial expectation that the pleasure in gaining love is greater than the pain of losing love.

I'm sad that I was wrong because now I have even less incentive to pursue a relationship. Thanks for the reality check though.

I would have guessed equal but opposite. That's a tough one to answer.

Lynth said:
****! I was actually hoping you would confirm my initial expectation that the pleasure in gaining love is greater than the pain of losing love.

I'm sad that I was wrong because now I have even less incentive to pursue a relationship. Thanks for the reality check though.

Hi-
Losing love hurts so much because having true love feels so good. If it didn't feel good, you wouldn't care if you lost it.
Despite being hurt deeply, many of us move on and love again because there is much to be gained by taking a leap of faith.

Teresa

My real point here is that some people stay in bad and abusive relationships because they fear loneliness. Or jump from one bad one to the next. I was dumped. And not having anyone I had to face the fear of loneliness. I had to learn this basic lesson. I've had loneliness and rejection shoved down my throat for years now. I've had to hear the deafening 'silence' that never stops when you are at home and you scream out because of it. But believe it or not....things are better for me now...

Truer words were never spoken,
but hard to live when you're staring into the potential abyss of being alone
and you still have SOMEONE in your life.

Zeek said:
My real point here is that some people stay in bad and abusive relationships because they fear loneliness. Or jump from one bad one to the next. I was dumped. And not having anyone I had to face the fear of loneliness. I had to learn this basic lesson. I've had loneliness and rejection shoved down my throat for years now. I've had to hear the deafening 'silence' that never stops when you are at home and you scream out because of it. But believe it or not....things are better for me now...

Yes! And we have liftoff! Cool, LG:)

I agree. I was in a bad one, and I'd rather be single. It's too much to put up with that, and I didn't even deserve it. I'd rather be by myself.

I agree with the OP. There are different levels of "bad," though. I sometimes wish I would have tried to work out differences with a few of my relationships. I've usually been quick to end a relationship at the first sign of anything I didn't like. Ironically, the one woman to whom I gave a chance, used and abused me until I had been pushed away so far that I was already past the rebound stage when I "officially" left her. I then met Kim, who lasted three dates. Kim and I were very compatible, but she'd get stupid/insulting/annoying/irritable after one too many beers. Hmmm...maybe I'll pay her a visit...

Latest posts

Back