Nobody is entitled to a relationship

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I wouldn't say that sex is completely unimportant, but when you look back at things in old age, it will be the quality of your relationships that matter.
Yes, sex is not unimportant at all but it's how you connect with it in a healthy and respectful relationship that counts. That is, if you are looking for a healthy and respectful relationship otherwise you can have meaningless and abundance sex ..

I think I'm beginning to see what you mean. People in good relationships know they are the most important part of their lives. If you don't value relationships, it must be because you have never been in a good one, and are actually unhappy. And unhappy people rarely get in meaningful relationships, because you have to love yourself before you can love someone else. Besides, if relationships weren't important, we'd all just go around lying and cheating each other. The family unit would completely break apart, and our future would be rather dim...

Plenty of unhappy people in relationships, Boring.

I actually think that it's more of putting yourself out there.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

If you're unhappy your relationship will be bad too. Only if you're happy can you be in a good relationship.

Boring-Weirdo said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

If you're unhappy your relationship will be bad too. Only if you're happy can you be in a good relationship.

But at least you're in a relationship.

It doesn't matter. We desire that because we're human. Realizing that you aren't entitled to it doesn't change it.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Boring-Weirdo said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

You shouldn't want to be in a bad relationship for the sake of being in one......

ardour said:
It doesn't matter. We desire that because we're human. Realizing that you aren't entitled to it doesn't change it.
Yes, one is definitely not entitled to it.. and I believe it does matter!

Well the real problem is desire. If we had to choose we'd probably be two people divided from one. That way our partner would be indebted to us, and us to them.

You see the real problem with relationships is that we all we want someone so similar, when really the most important thing is to find another individual. What we want is what is naturally right, and we know what we want. Wanting a perfect partner who compliments us is right, and we should get what we want because it is right.

Finding that special someone isn't always easy, but it's something we all must work for and no one will be without.

Sterling said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Boring-Weirdo said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

You shouldn't want to be in a bad relationship for the sake of being in one......

The way I see it, good relationships can turn bad. Why can't a bad relationship turn good?

Yes, I know, I'm relationship clueless. But maybe it might happen that way. At least I wouldn't have to say that I was a 32 year old and never been kissed.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
The way I see it, good relationships can turn bad. Why can't a bad relationship turn good?

No. It doesn't work like that.

HGwells said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

No. It doesn't work like that.

I hear all the time about divorced people getting back together. Why wouldn't it happen that way?

Does it have to be good to begin with for it to return to good?

It's frankly ridiculous to assume that any relationship is good, or has the potential to be good. The opposite is also true. If you were to marry each person you ever met, you may find your true love several times, but it would never be a good relationship.

It's survival of the fittest. If you want to survive, you have to be fit. That means eating right and exercising. But you should only work out if you are being healthy for yourself. True love is based around what is inside a person - not physical beauty. And the only way to show people who you really are inside is to change so you're not so different from others. As long as you don't change who you really are, and are only changing for yourself, you are sure to find true love.

That some people don't get this is mind-blowing. So no, not everyone deserves a relationship, but if you really wanted a relationship you would get one. Just work hard and be who you really are.

I'd also like to state that being happy in a relationship, or with yourself, is generally tied to past experiences and how you cope with them. If you heal, you're able to not be a victim anymore.

Of course not. Just because so many people have relationships, it doesn't mean everyone will or should.

Gutted said:
Of course not. Just because so many people have relationships, it doesn't mean everyone will or should.

The way society makes you feel, though, you feel like an alien or subhuman if you aren't partnered.

We are all in a relationship - a relationship with Jesus. If you can't take that relationship to a sexual level, well then I guess you have to prostrate yourself before Him.

Boring-Weirdo said:
We are all in a relationship - a relationship with Jesus. If you can't take that relationship to a sexual level, well then I guess you have to prostrate yourself before Him.

Jesus doesn't find me sexually attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back