Not invited..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexcmons

Reaction score
I hate these modes. Everyday its just same thing I'm always sitting in house and I see my other friends so called hanging out with each other. Everyday these negatory thoughts come in. Why does the friend word exsist? Kinda feels like talking behind back while Ur not welcomed. I'm not desperate but likes partying. Outsider sucks:(

How about asking them if you could come along? Sometimes people need to know that you would like to do things... or sometimes they just need to be reminded that there is another person who would like to come as well.

what really sucks is if you have facebook and see how people are always doing fun stuff and you're sitting at home bored out of your mind with nothing to do or anyone to hang out with.

Yeah that sounds familiar. You don't have many friends it seems like. I used to get upset when my ex bf hung out with his friends and felt forgotten cause he was all I had at the time. But trust me. All you need is yourself. When your friends are busy, get into a new hobby. That way anytime you feel sad and lonely you're keeping yourself busy and not thinking negative. Over time you'll feel good about yourself cause your doing your own thing and being independent. It's great to be social but we all need time to ourselves too that way we can make ourselves happy as well. Friends are great to have yes but love yourself as well. Easy said than done but try getting into a new hobby. It might help.

cbrguy said:
what really sucks is if you have facebook and see how people are always doing fun stuff and you're sitting at home bored out of your mind with nothing to do or anyone to hang out with.

Exaclty I do stuff weekend times but weeks are just boring..

cbrguy said:

This is exactly why I don't have a facebook. Nothing really exciting going on in my life. I made an account a few months ago, but got really bummed out after I saw a bunch of old high school classmates who are living it up partying, travelling, some having settled down and started families. Good for them, but too depressing for me. Deleted it after the third day.

I actually lasted longer with FB i had three incarnations of it over the years and finally dropped it for good a few months ago No regrets. Friends of mine can call/skype with me or even see me in real life and have real conversations with me

I can see where you're coming from. It's nice to know when you're wanted. But it seems like everyone wants everyone else to make the effort. If no one does anything then everyone will be a loser. Don't take it personally if people don't ask you out. If anything, try to organize as much as you can. That way, you'll be more likely to be invited out in future as people will remember all the times you organised stuff :)

I was shy and i felt awkward about asking friends to go with them to a party, but than i simply started inviting myself to their parties XD. I usually ask who will be there and then i reply with, "awww thats great so she/he will be there too? awesome man i simply can't miss that" but i try to sound chillaxed and non desperate and happy and shortly after i ask him "we gather before the party at your place again?". Works every time atleast for me!

I was never worried about being invited to places when I was younger. The only "friends" I actually had were people I really didn't have much in common with. I had a facebook as well, but became apparent that even though my list was big, no one actually talked to me expect maybe 2 people.

Latest posts

Back