nothing but failures and loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rasengan5

Reaction score
so this is my story.
looking back at my life it has really been full of failures , i am a video game addict that neglected the last 5 years of his life because of that my marks were really poor but i still managed to graduate to university .
i am a burden to my family too all of my brother are way better than me they allways get impressive school results so they are making my parents really proud while i am fading. i never told any one about my feeling i have no friends i am just a man betrayed by every one.not to mention girls never talk to me because i am not social and i dont talk too much. when i hear some people talking about pain or loneliness i allways say in my mind " what do you know about loneliness" . some how i managed to attend an engeneering university i guess god gave me one last chance its really hard to graduate further more i neglected my last 5 years so i will be even harder for me to study maths, physics... ect.
i am living a lonely sad life with no friends trying to make one last good deed to obliterate all of my failures and in another hand fighting my self not to play video games or i will fail for sure how pitiful i dont know what to do any more i am so confused so out of spirits i thought by sharing my story as an anonymous person it will makes me feel better so thats it thanks for reading this worthless story of mine.

From all what you say you should pick out the positives and think of ways of bettering yourself. Despite what you say about your marks being poor you still managed to graduate; you must have done something right there.

People can only change something if they really want to, it may feel good to talk about some issues you don't ever talk about but ultimately it still doesn't change the situation. This is down to yourself for this and you realizing there's something wrong is probably the first step.

To be honest if you want to do well in engineering it's probably a good idea to find some motivation to work towards it.. fast, as this a difficult subject; but it's something I wish I done.

Welcome to the site.

thanks for reading and replying as you said enguneering is hard and i kinda lost my self confidence thats why it is even harder for me now my parent are expecting that i will make it despite my failures so i will be really tough for me

Well it sounds as if your family still believe in you, but at the same time it's understandable you feeling some pressure from this.

Everybody looses and gains confidence from time to time, I personally go all out for the face your fears method, but I was just reading this you may find some use for.

You don't sound like a failure to me at all. You sound incredibly intelligent as you managed to graduate despite not putting in much time studying. Just imagine what you could achieve if you were to switch your attention from video games to your studies? Maybe you could have a word with some of your tutors to explain to them that you want to brush up on several subjects which you have not concentrated on as much as you would have wished, and they might be able to suggest some good text books you could revise from.

Are you kidding me? You're fine... Back when I was in college, Counter-strike was in its prime. Yes that was a good 13 years ago. My point is that everyone on campus played counterstrike compulsively. I myself played for easily 5 hours everyday. Many of my friends did as well. Some people failed classes because of it. Some had to change majors. I balanced it out and didn't have too many problems.

My point is. There are people who go crazy with video games in college, and still do fine. Almost ten years out of college I can also say, that many of the people are doing great even though they failed some classes due to counterstrike. The importance is balance.

I will also add as a side note. One of my biggest regrets in life, is that I played way too many video games in college. It was such a waste of time. College is one of the last times in your life you can "easily" socialize with people. You have thousands of "kids" all together in one place with a common goal of school. It's easier to meet people, and do things. Life is all about memories. I wish I had more memories of meeting people, doing things, partying, etc. Instead of so many memories of late nights just playing video games. To each his own though. Do what makes you happy.

I can relate about an addiction to games. Its really hard to quit, and I just discovered this game 6 months ago. lol I don't know how I graduated college too. Things happen for a reason. I think a lot of members here are lonely, so you're not alone. Stay hopeful :)

It is time to STOP making excuses for yourself. TURN off your video games. PERIOD. Get back to work on your studies. You are shooting yourself in the foot. Stop it. Only YOU can make your life better for YOU. You have brains and a potential degree/job to get your life started. Now get back to the business of living your life ASAP!

thanks for every one who replyed i hope that every one of us who is having some rough times will get through them thanks.

The simple solution would have been not to game when nearing assessments (2-3 weeks before exams). At least you didn't fail because of it.

Latest posts

Back