Odd behavior

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paraiyar said:
I hate to say it but I really don't think that you or your daughter should stay in this environment. You really don't know just how bad it could get.

I agree with Paraiyar 100%. You're an adult and perhaps you can handle things but - well, I have a young daughter about the same age as yours and I know they watch and listen to everything, even when we think they aren't. Protecting your daughter should be paramount.

Im hoping against hope that the mother changes her mind between now and the time we move and keep the child. He won't make any changes on his own, like everyone else said...he needs to seriously hit rock bottom.

Paraiyar said:
I hate to say it but I really don't think that you or your daughter should stay in this environment. You really don't know just how bad it could get.

I agree. 

Eve, even without the kid's shenanigans, it seems dysfunction and disrespect are the norm. That's not good for anyone and will have lasting effects on your daughter's emotional life. Trust me. I know this from personal experience.

Either put a COMPLETE stop to the son being in the house at all, or give some anonymous tip somewhere. I ain't sure where. Thing is, if one says "okay, you're out, well, come back but only for today, out again, oh, no place to stay, well, only a week" and so forth, it ain't good for oneself the same way one shall leave an abusive partner completely and never go back.
Parents have a tendency to see their children as "saints", no matter what heinous acts they commit. One CAN break family bonds and put rules for ones own house. I do think the son needs some place to stay (such as a drug home thingy) to not just keep falling and end up at the hard pavements outside. There has to be something to do or say to convince the father the child needs to be helped/pushed back.

If nothing else helps, it is better for a child to grow up with one parent only instead of in a house with a drug involved. Yes, if you are in a situation where it's possible for you, you could leave them all. I know that it does not seem fun at all, and alternative ways are better.
Once again, good luck!

Thank you everyone, for your kind replies.
A little more info is emerging...
Apparently, he's admitted to his father that he's been suffering from depression (actually completely understandable, and something I'd mentioned to his parents previously). He had gotten into his mom's depression meds also, and said that he'd taken about eight total, over the last couple of weeks. His dad called his mother and told her to get him an apt with the family doctor. My stepson agreed to go, but doesn't want to speak with the doctor in front of his mother (again, understandable - she's a very difficult person, as well as likely being the cause of some of his depression). I asked, again, about therapy for the child. My husband referred again, to a time he went 2.5 years ago. I suggested that since he'd opened up slightly about the depression, and was willing to see his doctor, that perhaps a therapist my come next.
I just wish all the drama and chaos would go away. However, it's hard to push back if a child is admitting that he needs some help. Everything seems to be leading to more and more questions. =\

He may be depressed. He may also be playing on heartstrings as the next "go-to" place. Good luck!

TheRealCallie said:
Is it possible that he could be lying to get more pills he could potentially sell?

It's certainly a possibility. However, I did mention if he received any depression medication, that it should be administered daily - he shouldn't have access to the bottle. He can't really be trusted at this point. Thoughts?

He's already proven that he can't be trusted with drugs. If they continue to trust him after everything, they are either shitty parents or enablers who are going to send him down the road to ruin

TheRealCallie said:
He's already proven that he can't be trusted with drugs.  If they continue to trust him after everything, they are either shitty parents or enablers who are going to send him down the road to ruin

I agree. I wish they'd take my advice, but they don't seem to realize the seriousness of his behavior.

Latest posts

Back