OK, here goes...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MissGuided

um, well.... I'm lonely. Guess that feeling is not uncommon here, huh?

So, please don't laugh or judge, I'm just being honest. I guess I am looking for connections but still sort of unsure if I really want them.

Basically, I guess I am a Daddy's girl and pretty 'traditional'. Sort of a cross between Samantha Stevens and Snow White, lol. Tend to trust way too much, try to please way too much and end up believing BS way too effin much.

I am a total girl - I wish I could say I was the cool, rocker girl or gamer chick or sporty girl or tomboy girl or badass *****...but, I'm not. I'm a total girl.

I scream at spiders, can't change the oil in my car, am horrible at finances, love shoe shopping, chick flicks and flowery gooey romance...and every other stereotype. I didn't pick it, it's just how I'm built.

But - I have a quick wit, am not a complete moron, fun to hang with and fit pretty well into most social situations. Love to cook and love when someone else enjoys it even more. I love to read, gardening, projects around the house, and CHRISTMAS!! I think I am a good listener and empathize with other's plights with sincerity.

I admit to being scared of the dark because there is no one there to protect or watch out for me. I worry every day what will happen if I got into a car wreck or the house burned down or something else terrible happened and I have to go through the after effects all alone.

I have grown to be absolutely terrified of commitment in any social or romantic relationship. Experience has taught me that although I only say or do something if I truly mean it, others do not. Most folks say or do what they mean - at that time - and then forget or disregard it when it's no longer important or convenient to them. That reality has broken my heart many, many times. And, then I recover and the cycle starts all over.

So, for now, I have accepted that I will likely be alone in life. It sucks and I wish it were different, but honestly, I just don't have much heart left to break. Better to stand on the sidelines, smile and make light-hearted chit-chat with the world until I can get home to my own world, safe and sound. I just don't think the 'real' world is ready for someone like me. :)

Guess that's it for now. Sorry to have rambled - thanks for listening.

Welcome to the forum. Nothing wrong with being a total girl. (btw, I'm totally NOT a total girl and I still scream at spiders...lol)

Welcome! Aside from Mintymint, I can vouch for everyone here, that we are not rapists. Enjoy your stay! :)

Limlim said:
Welcome! Aside from Mintymint, I can vouch for everyone here, that we are not rapists. Enjoy your stay! :)

fighting0092.gif

lol ty Limlim...besides, I already saw the word about MM on the women's bathroom wall...:p

thank you for sharing...i can definitely relate on several points...on relationships my philosophy at this stage in my life is >> i'd rather be alone than to be with somone and wish that i was...:)

Hey missguided, I really liked reading your intro thread. I can relate to most of what you have said. But I guess what I can say right now is that even if we find ourselves vulnerable and scared of a lot of things in life, we can still hope that we have a huge amount of strength just waiting to be set free. Cos I don't think someone is instantly born courageous but it's an innate human trait that we all have and as we go through life, experiences build us to be better than what we ever think we could be. Just keep being kind hearted and always be true to yourself. Others may not be true to you, but they probably are not true to themselves anyway. Take care of yourself :)

I've always liked this line from the sunscreen song ^^

''Don't be reckless with other people's hearts and don't put up with people who are reckless with yours''

Thank you, floffy - very wise words. I agree that most folks are too busy trying to be someone else and not being who they are supposed to be. I just can't be bothered with that foolishness anymore - I am me, flaws and all. So, it's just easier to quit trying to make someone else be as honest with themselves as I try to be with myself. At least I enjoy my own company, lol!

Great lyric, btw!

Latest posts

Back