On an island in Canada

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T. classic

Reaction score
Both literally and figuratively, I guess..

I live in Newfoundland, Canada. I'm 20 years old and am currently attending university. I suppose when one thinks of university life, loneliness is probably the opposite of how they would picture it. Unfortunately, I have social anxiety and pretty terrible self-esteem, which makes it very hard for me to talk to strangers, let alone meet new people. This is especially painful because I have a strong desire for companionship, but I can't bring myself to interact with many people, perpetuating my loneliness. My main interests include music and film, but I am open to anything new, really. I have a couple of friends I suppose, but no one I can really count on or talk to seriously, and whenever I decline offers to go out with them because of my condition, they don't seem to understand. The only girl i've ever really liked moved to South Africa, which i guess was just another blow to my confidence in myself. I know it would be selfishly immature of me to ask you all to befriend me unconditionally. I do, however, hope to find some people on here I can relate and talk to, and I would really like to be welcomed to the community.

ok... sorry for bothering you

Welcome T,

Sorry to hear the about the difficult time you're having. With good self-esteem, everything starts falling into place. Try taking one step at a time towards improvement. I believe more people struggle with it than we know.
Hang in there and take care of yourself.

154305929730t.jpg

Welcome T. classic, Consider yourself seen and welcomed. There are a lot of wonderful folks in here with compassion and concern. We ALL have issues and it always helps a person overcome their issues by really listening about what others experience. I look forward to getting to know you and your story batter. :)

Welcome T. classic :)

You aren't bother us at all, in fact we are glad to 'see' you.

Latest posts

Back