One positive thing you accomplished today...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I caught this baby crow in the back yard lol. I heard all this loud cawing going on while I was in the toilet then went out to shoo them away. The mum, dad and a sibling flew off, but this one did a little scramble and sat by a shrub and I just picked him up. He gave me a couple caws, but then just sat peacefully. After a quick pic, I let him go and his parents gave him a little rebuking before urging got him to fly off.

crowbaby.jpg

After 2 or 3 days of fighting with formatting I finally got my cover letter and resume fixed how I needed it to be.

I am now at least two weeks ahead of the required job applications submitted for my unemployment benefits requirements, as well as I've only applied for jobs along the way which would cover the minimal cost of living in my local area by taking the average rent cost for a 1/1 apartment and then doubling it as a rough estimation and then searching for jobs which meet that financial requirement accordingly.

It's a long shot, but I'm willing to juggle it along the way until something sticks. I'm putting my foot down. I'm no longer going to be applying for a job that will not cover basic living costs of rent, electric, water, internet, phone, and cheap groceries.

Having help at the local unemployment office tends to help as I know 2 or 3 people who work there that are also trying to find me a stable and more sustainable job in a new career field.

I don't have much hope in this, but I mean, I have at least a little hope.

I bought a mini-stepper for indoor cardio on rainy days.
It's cheap. Not the most accurate, but affordable. More affordable than thousands of dollars for gym machinery.
I took the time to put the math to it for my carb intake for my diet . Again, not the most accurate, but it's better than total inactivity on a rainy day.
I also really don't have much space to work with, so it helps for that.

Also I'm a month ahead of my job applications for unemployment requirements now.
I'm also waiting for a call from a Regional Manager for an interview for a retail position.
It's more than I used to make, but not really what I want to be making.
However, it's with smaller, lighter weight product.
So I'm willing to go down there for an interview just to scope it out and talk to the Regional.

Also I'm very tired. I think I'm cashed for the day.

I bought a mini-stepper for indoor cardio on rainy days.
It's cheap. Not the most accurate, but affordable. More affordable than thousands of dollars for gym machinery.
I took the time to put the math to it for my carb intake for my diet . Again, not the most accurate, but it's better than total inactivity on a rainy day.
I also really don't have much space to work with, so it helps for that.

Also I'm a month ahead of my job applications for unemployment requirements now.
I'm also waiting for a call from a Regional Manager for an interview for a retail position.
It's more than I used to make, but not really what I want to be making.
However, it's with smaller, lighter weight product.
So I'm willing to go down there for an interview just to scope it out and talk to the Regional.

Also I'm very tired. I think I'm cashed for the day.
Good stuff, hope you get the job.

Went for a walk at a local lake area and made an effort to say hello to people I passed by, and often they said hello first, and when I came across a fisherman we had a chat for about 10 minutes, and I made it a point to introduce myself, to which he reciprocated. I’m not sure how you develop a friendship from that though.

Called my oldest friend, and asked if she was up to a couple games of Scrabble? Went to her house, played the games (we both won one game) as we are evenly matched. Afterwards. we walked around her block, again something we have not done for many years. Exercised our brains and our bodies, which is not that easy when your are 75+ years old.

Called my oldest friend, and asked if she was up to a couple games of Scrabble? Went to her house, played the games (we both won one game) as we are evenly matched. Afterwards. we walked around her block, again something we have not done for many years. Exercised our brains and our bodies, which is not that easy when your are 75+ years old.
I enjoy a good game of Scrabble too

I did my first proper ride since the magpies stopped swooping. 3.5hrs mostly bush trails. Perfect Spring day for it.

I actually invited someone from work to go to something with me. She actually said yes, wow.
I don't know that it will actually happen since the something is 2 months off, but still, I got a yes.
Sweet, well played (y)

Woke up early on a Saturday, and went to two, two-hour apiece Excel classes (for a grand total of four hours) for some free training at one of the local libraries. I really tried to pay attention and think through what we were doing instead of just parrot it back mindlessly, like I now realize I did for my entire scholastic career.

Hopefully it will click, and is a step in the right direction back to the knowledge work world that I never should have let myself fall out of.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back