One positive thing you accomplished today...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got 365 Move Goals on my Apple Watch. You can only get one per day, so that means I have a full year's worth of burning the target amount of calories every day. Based on the height and weight I entered in, it gave me a goal of burning 360 calories per day.

Next up is 500 Move Goals, which I should get this year. Then after that is 1,000 Move Goals, so that will be a few years in the making.

The "Close Your Rings" feature is kinda fun, and gets me moving around to get the medals. It kind of makes a game out of getting your daily exercise.

That's about what I do. I usually walk for an hour to an hour and a half, and I almost always go over the 360 calorie target.

You can increase the target at the start of every week, but I don't always have time to do more, so I leave it at 360.
and you realise that's an "extra" calorie burn right? you probably burn over 1000 a day just naturally. punching a heavy bag i burn around 600 an hour, mountainbiking around 500 an hour. I don't run due to it aggravating my back, but when i did some, it burned around 600 a swell.

and you realise that's an "extra" calorie burn right? you probably burn over 1000 a day just naturally. punching a heavy bag i burn around 600 an hour, mountainbiking around 500 an hour. I don't run due to it aggravating my back, but when i did some, it burned around 600 a swell.

Yeah, the watch shows you Active Calories (the calories burned only from activity) and Total calories (Active calories, plus the calories you naturally burn anyway during the time you're recording).

I think you burn somewhere between 1,000 and 2,000 naturally, which I think is where the roughly 2,000 calories per day Daily Value number comes from. I could be wrong, it's just my amateur understanding from Googling it.

But, yeah. I want to keep that stomach fat under control, especially. So I think a little extra burn helps.

But, yeah. I want to keep that stomach fat under control, especially. So I think a little extra burn helps.
now that's another thing lol, to burn off the stomach fat, you need more testosterone, which you create more of by building up your larger muscles. stomach fat is the last to go with exercise and diet as it's a tougher fat to burn and there are less blood vessels around that area. doing ab exercises are good for overall fitness, but don't think doing heaps of them will burn off the fat around your belly. diet and exercising your large muscles is the key ;) you can do it.

I had to take out several paper wasp nests. I don't like being cruel to nature, and have left them alone for years, but they've spread too close and have stung us a few times lately because it's hard to avoid getting in there vicinity. I took out 6 of 7. The one I left is the oldest nest and most distant from us even though it's still under the eave, which is high enough to not be threatening.

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-22 at 9.20.57 PM.jpeg

I saw this idea and had a big glass jar handy so I made a little frame and installed it in the little tractor tyre frog pond. The resident tadpoles are already exploring it. Apparently they're called inverted aquariums or fish towers, but I feel like calling mine “the eye ball”
😂
😂
There are several youtube videos on how to make them and I've got a spare fish tank that I might use to make another one on one of my other ponds. Looks like my tadpoles already have their hind legs.

In Our Yard - 364.jpg In Our Yard - 365.jpg

I'm not sure how much of an "accomplishment" it is, since it was just something I signed up for - but I managed to snag the first of four slots available to get a free professional photo taken at my local library.

The last time the library had this event was last May, and I missed it even though the sign-up was still a month out. When I asked them when the next one would be, they said the soonest it would be was next year (now this year). This time I had the sense to check their calendar early.

Anyway, it's about time I had a new LinkedIn photo. I can wear my new navy blue suit as well, which I hear is a more modern color.

Latest posts

Back