One positive thing you accomplished today...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I was admiring how well my avocado tree has survived. I tried germinating a seed and 2.5 years later it's a 5 foot tree. How it handled the cold winter I don't know, but I'm happy it did.

Edit - I’ve since watched a few videos and come to realise how much I’ve neglected this poor tree, even though it’s doing quite well. I have to repot it and give it a prune and reposition it to keep out of the hot summer afternoon sun.

In Our Yard - 231.jpg In Our Yard - 245.jpg In Our Yard - 314.jpg

Last edited:
As I get closer and closer to returning here each year I find that I tend to get a little nervous about it because I have been gone for so long and I realize that people are more used to not seeing me around. But my admiration and respect for certain members here makes me want to come back.

Made a bog filter for my water feature. A container filled with layers of ever smaller rocks to help with bacterial growth and filtration. Waiting for sealant to cure before I test for leaks. Water enters via the exposed pipe on the right, fills from the bottom up, overflows into the pipe poking out of the stones on the left and flows back into the water feature (or pond). The bottom right tube is a release outlet that you occasionally open to flush out gunk that might build up over a few months or more. That’s an air hole in the tubing on the right to prevent the water siphoning out if the pump stops, which in the water feature will be regularly as the pump is solar powered. A bog filter is supposed to give you crystal clear water if done right. I can put a little water plant in the top layer of gravel. I’ll take another pic when it’s in place a working. There’s a YouTube channel called ozponds that talks all about them.

433a7fd6-e7b7-4ad5-a69e-8c810d80db8c.jpeg

Last edited:
I caught myself spiraling into misery. I’m very practiced at allowing and making room for misery to accompany me. Not today. I’ve made a good effort at changing my thinking. As of this moment still working it but feel much better.
Very good! Always nice to read good news in here.

The roads down my way were empty this morning so I took the Mini for a spin. I got her up to 128mph, a personal best and I didn't feel the urge to drive off a cliff into the sea for a change.

The roads down my way were empty this morning so I took the Mini for a spin. I got her up to 128mph, a personal best and I didn't feel the urge to drive off a cliff into the sea for a change.

Dang, that's wild. I never did manage to wind up my Mustang that much...I was always worried about breaking it.

Or me, for that matter. I live in suburbia so it's just a tangle of sidestreets. Not many good places to really open up the motor, except the highway.

I miss my grand tourer...glad you're enjoying yours though! 🐸 🚗

I got out of attending this bs fake af public holiday expectation: attending a christmas dinner...

Im simply not into Babylonian vegetation god fetishes or where the good guy has parents lying to children and keeps an anagram of satan, while given a vaneer of Jesus.

I hate Christmas because it is all fake AF

I dont enjoy going around to this couples house, reasons I cant write on a public message forum, but I managed to have enough courage to say no.

This also means I can chill, not get wound up, psychologically toyed with, made to express my gratitude for suffering the experience, with a fake smile....

If you know me you would know this is 100% top level achievement in my life.

If it was a trump card....
I just slapped this on the table yeah?

Strength needed to turn down a free meal while hungry 9/10
Strength needed in self control to sit amongst enemies and look genuinely pleased to see them 9/10
Strength needed to navigate their Tavistock inspired coded conversation protocol 10/10
Strength needed to avoid previous psychological shaming and narrative conversational points with long incubation periods 10/10
Strength needed to stay calm and refrain from cold blooded murder 6/10
Strength needed to compliment your enemy 6/10

Met someone today who straightened my trajectory of thought with a mere look of understanding. I decided to approach her (which is not my norm at all) and instantly felt rewarded by her both acknowledging me and aware she was giving me her full attention, we were talking about life and during this unexpected interaction I suddenly realised or became aware that she shared like 99% of my hobbies and understood everything I said, it was a mixture of emotions packed into a moment, like a ah-ha moment, it was a fleeting short interaction but Im kinda blown away by what she told me in such a short time. Almost as if she was sent to encourage me to not give up on any of my honest and kind intentions about a life choice Ive decided to embark on. I will get to hopefully speak to her again tomorrow morning and really hope to listen to her again. She even said something that kept echoing in my mind all day, she said "don't give up" which I realise sounds mundane and kinda ordinary, but she said it at such a moment as if she was literally listening to my thoughts and just answered to the voice in my mind. I felt a massive calm after we spoke I have not felt for a long time. Communication is one of the most positive things I wish to focus on more with people in general, even if it just means listening.

Latest posts

Back