One positive thing you accomplished today...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I hope I have accomplished today,was to help someone by offering some friendly advice to them. :) :)

I slept. That might not seem like an achievement to most people, but I got up on Thursday and did not fall asleep until Saturday...

Cavey said:
I slept. That might not seem like an achievement to most people, but I got up on Thursday and did not fall asleep until Saturday...

I'm glad to hear you slept, Cavey. Hope it was a good one too.

ladyforsaken said:
Cavey said:

I slept for, um, 14 hours...

Cavey said:
ladyforsaken said:
Cavey said:

I slept for, um, 14 hours...

Well at least you can say it covered for Friday's sleep too!

I am WORKING! almost 2 hours straight now :D
haven't been able to do anything for months now

Nice one Rodent, I remember after my first lesson was the only time I ever felt like I needed a drink as I got so worked up about the whole thing.

I managed to help out at the front of my dance class for the whole session. I had started helping out a bit here and there but this was the first time I was there the whole hour where everyone could see me lol.

I think I've found out the cause of my problems, I overthink EVERYTHING.
I have an appointment with a psychologist soon, and I'll be sure to bring that up. Hopefully, it goes well. :)

Rodent said:
First driving lesson over. Didn't crash and/or burn. Major success.

Hey! Congrats! I know it can be stressful the first few times you're behind the wheel. Trust me, it'll feel much easier as you get used to it.

Mr Seal The Albatros said:

This sounds more like a symptom than a cause to me. Good luck with your psychologist though.

Rosebolt said:

This sounds more like a symptom than a cause to me. Good luck with your psychologist though.

It's definitely a cause. I second guess a lot and this usually leads me to thinking thoughts that are outside of my comfort zone and may or may not be true. Eventually these thoughts have a sort of snowball effect where they get bigger and make less sense as it goes on. One moment, I could be thinking, "are my friends only acting like they're my friends?" and eventually it will erupt into, "I am a freak. I should probably punish myself for being a freak."

It's definitely a cause. I second guess a lot and this usually leads me to thinking thoughts that are outside of my comfort zone and may or may not be true. Eventually these thoughts have a sort of snowball effect where they get bigger and make less sense as it goes on. One moment, I could be thinking, "are my friends only acting like they're my friends?" and eventually it will erupt into, "I am a freak. I should probably punish myself for being a freak."

Yeah, i understood what you meant, i have firsthand experience too. :p

Latest posts

Back