One positive thing you accomplished today...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new book appeared (actually last week, but I didn`t think posting about it), so yeah, it is an accomplishment after all the hard work, sacrificed nights, health and other.

I have everything done and ready for Christmas. General cleaning remaining, but everything is pretty tidy as it is.

Went on a run again this morning with a friend. Everything seems to be in order for the wine and cheese night tonight as well.

I gave the mailman a card and a gratuity to thank him for his dedicated service all year. Through all the inclement weather. He had a smile on his face when he opened the card and it made me feel good inside. Paying it forward goes a long way. Bright Blessings

Arachne said:
I gave the mailman a card and a gratuity to thank him for his dedicated service all year. Through all the inclement weather. He had a smile on his face when he opened the card and it made me feel good inside. Paying it forward goes a long way. Bright Blessings

Me too. With all of the stuff I get off ebay, he's never misplaced a single one (he's the anti-Newman, from Seinfeld) So, I felt I owed him.

spoke with the doctor on Skype, now I have a diagnosis AND a therapy, I am so happy to have a doctor who seems to care for my well being, it has been - many years since I had that

My guitar skills are slowly improving. It seems I've accidently created a little practice melody for myself today.

Tackled and completed three meddlesome jobs. I set myself the target of only achieving one, but once I had done that I tackled the next and then the third. Feeling good now.

Rodent said:
My guitar skills are slowly improving. It seems I've accidently created a little practice melody for myself today.

Hey, that's cool. Did you start playing guitar recently? It's something I've been wanting to do for a while but I always false-start due to worries that I just don't have enough natural talent or that even if that isn't an issue, that I'm starting too late in life.

But then I'll hear a song I love, that reminds me of why I wanted to learn in the first place and why I want to write my own songs, and I just have to try. I need to push through these false-starts. Glad to see you're making progress.

TheSkaFish said:
Hey, that's cool. Did you start playing guitar recently? It's something I've been wanting to do for a while but I always false-start due to worries that I just don't have enough natural talent or that even if that isn't an issue, that I'm starting too late in life.

But then I'll hear a song I love, that reminds me of why I wanted to learn in the first place and why I want to write my own songs, and I just have to try. I need to push through these false-starts. Glad to see you're making progress.

I'm practicising seriously since November, but I got this acoustic guitar last February already. I had played enough Guitar Hero to at least assume I have good enough finger skills and a remote sense of rhythm to have an easier start...which may or may not be the case, I really got no idea. Judging by my musical taste, an electric one would've been more appropriate as well, but likely too loud for an apartment. In the end it does not matter, because this ominous practice melody of mine was actually based on...umm...a video game soundtrack.

Now I thought you were already playing guitar for a long time, SkaFish. I guess I mixed something up there.

I had a very successful and easy handover today. Another client requested for me specifically to do it with them and it's nice to be told that they would stay and engage our services as long as I'm around to work with them. It made me feel like I've accomplished something today, particularly.

Rodent said:
TheSkaFish said:

I'm practicising seriously since November, but I got this acoustic guitar last February already. I had played enough Guitar Hero to at least assume I have good enough finger skills and a remote sense of rhythm to have an easier start...which may or may not be the case, I really got no idea. Judging by my musical taste, an electric one would've been more appropriate as well, but likely too loud for an apartment. In the end it does not matter, because this ominous practice melody of mine was actually based on...umm...a video game soundtrack.

What game is the melody from, if you don't mind?

Either way, it must feel nice to be hitting your stride like that, when you're practicing seriously and noticing progress. One of these days I want to set up a practice schedule so I can play every day and know I'm moving forward. I'm the kind of person that benefits more from a structured plan than to just do whatever.

Currently, I'm trying to learn the song "Lucidity" by Tame Impala. It's a guitar-driven psychedelic rock song. Another part of my problem is there's so many styles I like, some days I feel like I'd want to play punk and ska, other days grunge, other days more psychedelic, space-rock sounds. And of course I need to make more time to learn the fundamentals as well.

Rodent said:
Now I thought you were already playing guitar for a long time, SkaFish. I guess I mixed something up there.

I have had several false starts over the years, but no consistent playing for a long time. I will play for a while, then I will start to worry about what if I just don't have the natural talent, or what if I'm starting too old to get any good, and it's all for nothing....then I put it down for a while. I need to learn to push past these episodes.

I didn't mean to mislead you or give the impression I had been playing for a long time. I wish I had, because the time I spent doubting myself passed anyway.

Latest posts

Back