One positive thing you accomplished today...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I once again applied for more jobs. A few jobs applications a day every day for months should lead me to at least one job right?

I managed to join a club of homeschoolers in my area and I am going to start seeing people my age next month.

I'm also going to reconcile with an old friend in a week or more.

I am FINALLY breaking the loneliness-barrier. I am ******* tired of loneliness and I'm doing something about it! :D

LostInside said:
I once again applied for more jobs. A few jobs applications a day every day for months should lead me to at least one job right?

Yes. One of my friend (she's 39) has a degree in Marketing, had experience 12 years experience and had to send over 100 job apps before she finally got one. I too, had to send in many job apps. Nobody even called me. Only a teaching one.

Just keep trying and keep going. If you stop looking, just remember that until you get a job, your life isn't going to change. You WILL eventually find something.

Ak5 said:
I managed to join a club of homeschoolers in my area and I am going to start seeing people my age next month.

I am FINALLY breaking the loneliness-barrier. I am ******* tired of loneliness and I'm doing something about it! :D

So glad for you!!! (((hugs)))

You'll do fine. Remember to smile always. Soon you'll be off this forum!

Ak5 said:

Congratulations! I'm glad that you're making progress. I hope that in a few years, you'll be here like I am and trying to dispense possibly useful advice to others as well :)

beans said:
LostInside said:

Yes. One of my friend (she's 39) has a degree in Marketing, had experience 12 years experience and had to send over 100 job apps before she finally got one. I too, had to send in many job apps. Nobody even called me. Only a teaching one.

Just keep trying and keep going. If you stop looking, just remember that until you get a job, your life isn't going to change. You WILL eventually find something.

I know I will get something because I have had a few interviews. At least they are real straight forward with me with regards to the number of people I am competing against. One interviewer said 20 people for two positions, another said there were 100 people (out of 300 applicants) who were taking the qualifying examination for three positions! So in some cases it is just a matter of statistics. Luckily I got a great routine looking for jobs that allows me to find at least one or two new ones to apply for every day.

LostInside said:
beans said:
LostInside said:

I know I will get something because I have had a few interviews. At least they are real straight forward with me with regards to the number of people I am competing against. One interviewer said 20 people for two positions, another said there were 100 people (out of 300 applicants) who were taking the qualifying examination for three positions! So in some cases it is just a matter of statistics. Luckily I got a great routine looking for jobs that allows me to find at least one or two new ones to apply for every day.

Great! Wow at least they tell you. Most don't. I wish you all the best and keep us posted.

I went to a job interview, and it seems I have a long-term job lined up with actual wages and health plan.

School-supply shopping for the kids. Um holy fresia, $200? Jesus wept.

In MY day... *insert curmedgeonly rant* we needed #2 pencils and a ******* notebook. The fresia. We didn't have to buy a new goddamn box of crayons every ******* year. The school had those for us to use. *grumble*

wally-werld woulda cost ya $39.00

they got $3 backpacks, lol

constructed wholly out of the tears of slave chinese children

korean child tear backpacks cost $3.50

curmedgeonly! BAM!

i washed my dishes and paid special attention to all the plastic containers that when washed at night seem clean, but under the scrutiny of daylight mock me with their yellowish filth.

all will be thrilled to hear the kitchen floor is no longer sticky with unidentified splashes and my cats wont need to be rescued with the emergency spatula

I wrote a surprised colourful snail mail for someone :) I'm sure it will make their day!

Latest posts

Back