One positive thing you accomplished today...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave the little girl next door this old playhouse of Kids....
F74756.jpg

...to play in when her Dad takes her down to the lake.

I started weeding my vegie patch getting it ready for spring which is just next week down here.

I got through another day of classes, and I was complimented by my professor. =) She said I was doing well and learning quickly, and she has high hopes (and expectations) for me. It's amazing how she's able to be nice and lay pressure on at the same time.

Made a doctor's appointment which hopefully will give me some answers and lead to a bit more happiness.

I did my 10 minute meditation, I also got showered and ate as well as taking my magnesium tablets.

Reorganised my desk and room a little. I always clean and reorganise when I feel like honeysuckle. I don't know how it helps, usually it does, this time it doesn't seem to do anything. Oh well, at least the place is organised and stuff.

ladyforsaken said:
Reorganised my desk and room a little. I always clean and reorganise when I feel like honeysuckle. I don't know how it helps, usually it does, this time it doesn't seem to do anything. Oh well, at least the place is organised and stuff.

Yeah, I'm about the same. Whenever I feel down in the dumps, I clean. I try to find everything I'm missing and I try to give stuff away I'm not using anymore, and just all around clean up the place. Problem is, I've been feeling blue pretty much all year and am running out of stuff to clean.

TheSkaFish said:
ladyforsaken said:

Yeah, I'm about the same. Whenever I feel down in the dumps, I clean. I try to find everything I'm missing and I try to give stuff away I'm not using anymore, and just all around clean up the place. Problem is, I've been feeling blue pretty much all year and am running out of stuff to clean.

Well I think there's always something to clean. Even if they are clean and there's nothing wrong with them.... I'd redo them. I sound so freakish.

ladyforsaken said:
TheSkaFish said:
ladyforsaken said:

Well I think there's always something to clean. Even if they are clean and there's nothing wrong with them.... I'd redo them. I sound so freakish.

Haha. No, I know what you mean. This year, when the metaphorical honeysuckle was starting to hit the fan, I went into a cleaning frenzy. I boxed up all my old school texts I wasn't going to keep, sorted out all my childhood toys between keepers and stuff I hadn't looked at in close to 20 years which I finally decided to finally give away, re-arranged my shelves...needless to say, I got a lot of cleaning done.

Something about cleaning takes my mind off it, somehow. Weeding works too, pulling weeds in the yard. Sounds like we're going through a bit of the same thing, it seems.

TheSkaFish said:
Haha. No, I know what you mean. This year, when the metaphorical honeysuckle was starting to hit the fan, I went into a cleaning frenzy. I boxed up all my old school texts I wasn't going to keep, sorted out all my childhood toys between keepers and stuff I hadn't looked at in close to 20 years which I finally decided to finally give away, re-arranged my shelves...needless to say, I got a lot of cleaning done.

Something about cleaning takes my mind off it, somehow. Weeding works too, pulling weeds in the yard. Sounds like we're going through a bit of the same thing, it seems.

I did the exact same thing. I threw out every ******* thing I kept from way back. I had so many trashbags with just all those stuffs. That was a perfect moment for anyone to hire me to clear out their place, I do it with no heart which is unusual. I like to keep items, for memories sake etc and all that honeysuckle. My niece was watching me the whole time and she was picking stuff out from those trashbags and taking them saying there is no way I can throw such things out because she knows how sentimental I am with my stuff.

I took those things and put them back in the trashabags when she wasn't looking lol. Oh well.

I don't even regret doing that whole major clean up.

And yeah, it usually helps. It's not doing that for me now though. Ugh.

ladyforsaken said:
That was a perfect moment for anyone to hire me to clear out their place, I do it with no heart which is unusual. I like to keep items, for memories sake etc and all that honeysuckle. My niece was watching me the whole time and she was picking stuff out from those trashbags and taking them saying there is no way I can throw such things out because she knows how sentimental I am with my stuff.

I took those things and put them back in the trashabags when she wasn't looking lol. Oh well.

I don't even regret doing that whole major clean up.

And yeah, it usually helps. It's not doing that for me now though. Ugh.

Yeah, I do that too. I am also very sentimental. I like to look back and remember all the points in my life that I've been. That's why it took me so long to finally decide to give some clothes and toys away. I just feel that if I've been keeping something for 20 years and haven't looked at it, it's like, I've been living as if I don't have it anymore anyway so I might as well give the stuff away and maybe it'll have a new life with another kid somewhere.

There are some things though, that I feel will always be with me so I won't give those themes away.

To my AMAZEMENT, I didn't accomplish anything positive today!

(The "amazement" is suppose to be the positive part. See what I did there?)

Well, I tried to quit today, but I just don't have it in me these days - I keep imagining Dr. Cox standing behind me, calling me a girl's name and telling me to suck it up. Instead I went and lifted weights and now I feel somewhat better.

i managed to not fall asleep all day due to jetlag since i live in europe and have just have just come back from the USA :)

Latest posts

Back