One thing I had to learn really quickly

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christina Sarah said:
Thank you, CTF ;] <3

You're welcome, and stay strong. Mind you, this is coming from someone who's had some totally defeatist attitudes regarding honeysuckle. I am glad to say that I truly believe that a positive attitude can help a great deal.

So it only took me 42 years to realize that. lol

insanelyloneley said:
Christina Sarah said:
Expect nothing from everyone and you'll never be disappointed.

That's a pretty depressing way to live and it seems to me you're completely hopeless.

If you ever want to talk to me, I'll listen.

She's not hopeless. She's giving advice, not a sad story. And it's not a depressing way to live. Expectations is the root of all heartache. If you expect from something, then you're putting them up to a standard you have that they might not be able to live up to.

Christina Sarah said:
... is that you can't win 'em all.

The lesson truly lies in accepting that not everyone's gonna want to be your friend. You shouldn't mind it. Friends and acquaintances come and go and life goes on.

Don't expect that everyone has to like you. No matter when or where you are in life, there will be people out there who won't.

Speaking of life, I hope everyone on here remembers that they have one. Attend to it. There's a world out there... explore it... & learn not to give a fresia so much, but if you do give a fresia so much... at least do it with a "fresia it" attitude. Thank you.

I tried to like you, but you hated me back. I did my best, and failed.

someguy23475 said:
Christina Sarah said:

The lesson truly lies in accepting that not everyone's gonna want to be your friend. You shouldn't mind it. Friends and acquaintances come and go and life goes on.

Don't expect that everyone has to like you. No matter when or where you are in life, there will be people out there who won't.

Speaking of life, I hope everyone on here remembers that they have one. Attend to it. There's a world out there... explore it... & learn not to give a fresia so much, but if you do give a fresia so much... at least do it with a "fresia it" attitude. Thank you.

Hush up, I bet you annoyed the holy living fresia out of Christina. Did your best my ass.

I tried to like mushrooms, I even did as a kid once. But for some reason I just starting hating them. :s

I thought it was all in my head so I tried them again after like 10 years, and I still nearly vomit at the taste and texture.

Limlim said:
I tried to like mushrooms, I even did as a kid once. But for some reason I just starting hating them. :s

I thought it was all in my head so I tried them again after like 10 years, and I still nearly vomit at the taste and texture.

LMAO. I'm sorry lim. Would you like me to kick the mushrooms ass' for you? :D

someguy23475 said:
Christina Sarah said:

Hmm...I don't see why she would hate you unless you either did something terrible or you're wrongly assuming yet again.
I've noticed that EVERY POST you share - it always has the (wrong) assumption that everyone reading it 1) already hates you or 2) will hate you.

I could be wrong, but I certainly would not want to be around someone who hates him/herself and wrongly accused me of hating him/her because:
1) It forces the burden of me trying to live up to his/her expectations of what I should do to prove that I do like him/ her
2) It makes me feel **** uncomfortable

FYI - Please stop using "hate" in almost every single post. It reflects poorly on you. :/

Christina Sarah said:
Expect nothing from everyone and you'll never be disappointed.

Taken to its extreme, it would be insane. If I do not expect that others will need to breathe, then my decision-making when employing them in the field would be severely compromised.

Expectations need to be managed, but are necessary for success. I'm fairly cynical, but I have certain expectations and understanding of humanity which I generally apply to people.

Fundamentally wrong, though, is to expect people to be especially altruistic. Expecting people to be selfish, I think, is a far healthier way about things - and from that, begins the much more positive way of finding common interest for mutual benefit. We don't go to the store expecting to get items for free; we expect an exchange of value. This exchange of value occurs in all human interactions, and understanding it is one of the most powerful tools for a successful life.

"Expect nothing from everyone and you'll never be disappointed."

I disagree with this in so many ways.....

Expect SOMETHING from EVERYONE, and you'll have self respect. Have boundaries, have expectations of people. If you walk around in life expecting nothing, you probably won't get honeysuckle.

trZ said:
"Expect nothing from everyone and you'll never be disappointed."

I disagree with this in so many ways.....

Expect SOMETHING from EVERYONE, and you'll have self respect. Have boundaries, have expectations of people. If you walk around in life expecting nothing, you probably won't get honeysuckle.

Heck, if you can't expect a hamburger if you paid for it, one could hardly even participate in even a simple fast food purchase. Expectations management is valuable, not taboos.

Christina Sarah said:

My views on this:

Be a happy and positive person that people like to be around, smile a lot etc (I'm writing this in all my posts these days), and most people will like you. As you say, you can't expect everyone to like you, but the thing is, if you are a positive and upbeat person, you just simply laugh at the people that doesn't like you, because you KNOW they are having their own issues to deal with. It can't be you, because you are being a positive and happy person.

This way, you don't have to analyze about people liking you or not. People who doesn't like you are having issues with themselves, not you. SImple! xD

I'll use my own personal experience for example... complete with run-on sentence :)

If I invited my friends to come over and they agreed to come, and I expected them to come over & I spent a lot of time and effort preparing for company... then they call to cancel at the very last minute, I am left disappointed.

If I had instead kept the attitude, "If they come, great. If not, no worries," then I would not have felt so hurt by it & taken it personally. I know that people have obligations & last minute things come up. Not everything will ever go as planned. So it's easier to look at life not expecting anything from anyone. If something good happens, it feels quite fortuitous.

That was a very minor example. It's not a way of life by any means & I'm not telling anyone that's how they should be or think.

Personally, I wouldn't accept it. If it is obvious that some serious honeysuckle came up and they just couldn't make it, then yeah sure that slides. If it is just them being flaky, I would watch them carefully, and discard them as friends if that is how they were. I'd be pissed of because they act as if their time is more valuable than mine, which it isn't. Its not about not giving a honeysuckle about people say or do, its about deciding what behavior to accept and what behavior to not accept.

If you don't expect anything, what will you get? I'm sure you're not, but: It sounds like you are a doormat in the making. If you can't have some boundaries to work around, who will even want to respect you and your time?

trZ said:
If you don't expect anything, what will you get? I'm sure you're not, but: It sounds like you are a doormat in the making. If you can't have some boundaries to work around, who will even want to respect you and your time?

I don't think that's what she was going for dude.

Latest posts

Back