Overcoming Negativity

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phaedron

Reaction score
How do we set our heart's free? That's what we're here to discuss. I have a few theories...

"What you resist persists."

The more you focus on negativity, and believe in your issues, such as depression, shyness, low self-esteem, etc... the stronger it makes them. Fighting them and trying to "work" through them also make them stronger.

"First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there just is."

If you want to give this method a shot, you need to forget about your issues rather then try to solve them. This is hard because we tend to think about past results and judge the present and future accordingly.

For instance, have you ever noticed someone who is so sensitive about racism they see it everywhere, even in places where it just isn't the case? That's a good example...

Sometimes talking helps, but ultimately the only way to move on is to set your heart free and define your view of life in accordance to your goals and what you want it to be instead of what it is or has been.

It took a really long time for me to learn this, but now that I have all the negative issues that I thought were so incredibly powerful in my life have practically vanished overnight.

Good luck to you all, and if the same old thing isn't working, try something new...

I'm trying to get there or I'll phase in and out of it.
or I'm already there and I just keep hanging out with people with problems and focus on thier problems or trying to find answer.

It was actaully irratating the honeysuckle out me the other day when a couple of my friends were going on and on and on about thier living issues..
I was like...why the fresia do you always gotta think there's something wrong with you???

I mean in our recovery books it states clearly..after a while you'll intuitively know there's nothing wrong with you.
They were like.. "what???...on what page? from what book?"
Errrr..wtf...we read out of same book once a week.

I tried to explain it to them in another way...i got this from the course in mirracles..
In the course it say....it's like you're sitting in an empty white room...then a little black dot was place in that room.
The dot represents ...whatever. Whateve the hell it is...it's not you. So you can disginguish yourself from the problem.
You are not your problems or life's changing conditions or circumstances.
In other words...there's nothing wrong with you.

Yes...true if you focus on your problem so **** much...you'll get tunnel vision. The problems gets bigger and bigger and bigger.
Kind of like making a mountain out of a mole hill.

My spritaul advisor also gave me something.
She simply drew a circle. then she putt a little tiny dot in the circle.
The circle represents me...
The little dots represents...my pains, depression, or whatever the hell problems I thing I might have.
I'm so...so...so much greater than my pains...no matter how great the pain may feel.
It's like getting a bigger picture or having more awareness of who I am. Self actaullizations.

The sedona methdoe...explains it in this way.
When we were little children..when we fell down. If no one was looking...We simply got up and went on the bussiness of living
without whining and crying. :p
Bascailly we knew there wasn't anything wrong with us.
But mommy messed it all up for us...she saw us fall...She came and kissed our boo...boo.lol
Then we simply got into a mentally or habits of whining, bitching and moaning...so someone can kiss our boo..boo. (felt loved)
We carry those behaviors into our adulthood. So as adults...we make fucken problems in our lives so someone can kiss our boo..boo

Or...do you know what you get when you peel layers (vails/ delusions) of onions away? ...NOTHiNG absolutely Nothing.
In the porcess of peeling...you just fucken weep a lot.lmao
Our bitching and moaning has a lot to do with nothing..lol

So you saying...just throw the fucken onion away from the get go.lol

i mean we all know our brain creates problems so it can resolve the problems.
That's one of the function of our brain...it was designed to solve problems.
Why not use our brain for other useful stuff to solve...such as designing an automobile that won't polute this plantet.
or use our creative minds to write music, make art...etc

It's also kind of weird too...becuase now there's people that slowly coming into my life with this same type of attitude, mentallity or awarness.
They don't think or feel there's anything wrong with them. Yes life has challenges but life challenges dosen't make who they are.

Phaedron said:
How do we set our heart's free? That's what we're here to discuss. I have a few theories...

The more you focus on negativity, and believe in your issues, such as depression, shyness, low self-esteem, etc... the stronger it makes them. Fighting them and trying to "work" through them also make them stronger.

If you want to give this method a shot, you need to forget about your issues rather then try to solve them. This is hard because we tend to think about past results and judge the present and future accordingly.

For instance, have you ever noticed someone who is so sensitive about racism they see it everywhere, even in places where it just isn't the case? That's a good example...

Sometimes talking helps, but ultimately the only way to move on is to set your heart free and define your view of life in accordance to your goals and what you want it to be instead of what it is or has been.

It took a really long time for me to learn this, but now that I have all the negative issues that I thought were so incredibly powerful in my life have practically vanished overnight.

Good luck to you all, and if the same old thing isn't working, try something new...

Heya,

I like what you have been saying on the forums. Reality is self fulfilling, people think that reality is reality and it sucks, no one questions where there reality comes from..

Anyhow i can carry on for ever read it i would like to know what you think phaodrin

check out my book you will like it..

:club: i love this bat guy

Out of sight out of mind? I try that I really do. My problem is that when I push stuff out like that my body reacts. I get terrible nausea, there have even been times when I have become dizzy. Then as I fight these feelings adrenaline kicks in... nothing worse than all that coupled with an adrenaline high.

How can I get past my unconscious reactions?

matabankosi said:
Phaedron said:

Heya,

I like what you have been saying on the forums. Reality is self fulfilling, people think that reality is reality and it sucks, no one questions where there reality comes from..

Anyhow i can carry on for ever read it i would like to know what you think phaodrin

check out my book you will like it..

:club: i love this bat guy

Like I was telling people man....
I have OCD.
Somewhere alone the line...I started obsessiving on beautiful women with nice tits and ass. I don't really have to work at this..it's OCD man.
My mind is such a powerful thing...ultimately it created my reality in the fleash and blood or presence reality.

I'll confess that I do have issues overcoming negativity. Then again, negativity isn't too bad if you can acknowledge it and work within your limitations.

It's hard to let go of a way of being and of processing information. We develope our cognitive patterns so early in life, and with a world that is so material based, it can be so hard to accept ones' self. Negitivity is born from pain from somewhere. Our stories tell who we are, and we believe our stories. With changing how we feel about ourselves, we erase who we are as we know it.

However, there are circumstances that dictate limitations. This is an unfortunate reality for many of us, and analyzing negativity may be productive for acceptance and management. Limitations could simply be a way of telling you that with that closing door, there is a window that you need to open. From that window, there will be a view that can speak to you and offer you something more...

Latest posts

Back