Panic - how do I deal with it?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avalon

Reaction score
I could really use some help dealing with panic.
I'm frequently overwhelmed by it. The slightest thing will cause me to worry endlessly, and completely destroy my mood.

1) Yesterday, my gf and I got into a talk about our finances. I felt ok at the time but when we got home, I began to panic. My mind raced and I got very worried and scared that we would be in debt or that I would lose my job. Then she said she's developing her major quite nicely, and I began to fear somehow she would earn more than me and think I'm worthless.

2) Another panic happened because of the online course I'm taking. Theres an exam coming, and I'm dreading it. I'm so terrified I would fail.

I don't know how to handle panic. I slept poorly the whole night. Behind closed doors, I took one shot of whisky. Then another.

Is there a way to calm down, and not worry so much?

How do I deal with panic

Breathe 3 time, fill up your tummy, see it become big (not just breathing into the lungs) Tell yourself that worrying about the situation will not change it, but only harm you. Bring yourself into the present moment, here and now. Feel your feet on the ground, take notice of the things surrounding you. Imagine a gentle breeze sweeping your fears away, cleansing the negative energy around you. Smell oranges if you can. Get neroli or sweet orange essential oils, just to take a sniff when you panic, it realy helps.

You can also write your worries , and find solutions to them. You will notice that many times we have no controle over it, and we have to accept that it might happen, if it does, its always for the best in the long run.

I second the belly thing. It works really well. Take in a deep breath and then stick your belly out as far as you can, really stretch it out and then exhale. You can feel the anxiety leaving your chest and going into your belly. It's crazy.

Also, I use altoids breath mints for some reason the mintiness really chills my face out when I feel like my ears are gonna catch fire from panic. Man panic attacks blow. Good luck man.

Take some deep breaths.

Yoga could also be a great thing for you, because it generally relieves panic and anxiety.

Those anxieties are understandable. I had those same fears. Unfortunately, as soon as my 'ex' made more money than me, she did leave.

Avalon said:
I could really use some help dealing with panic.
I'm frequently overwhelmed by it. The slightest thing will cause me to worry endlessly, and completely destroy my mood.

1) Yesterday, my gf and I got into a talk about our finances. I felt ok at the time but when we got home, I began to panic. My mind raced and I got very worried and scared that we would be in debt or that I would lose my job. Then she said she's developing her major quite nicely, and I began to fear somehow she would earn more than me and think I'm worthless.

2) Another panic happened because of the online course I'm taking. Theres an exam coming, and I'm dreading it. I'm so terrified I would fail.

I don't know how to handle panic. I slept poorly the whole night. Behind closed doors, I took one shot of whisky. Then another.

Is there a way to calm down, and not worry so much?

How do I deal with panic

What works for me when I get overly anxious or panicy:
--is to not fight my thoughts, let them come and let them move on.
--understanding that eating a better diet of foods contributes to how I feel all day.
--by thinking to myself to slow down, move slow, think slow, relax.
--concentrating on my breathing or counting numbers.
--Limiting my stimulants such as sugar and caffeine drinks during the day helps to calm anxiousness before it starts.
--Eating a "good" breakfast calms my moods.
--Writing down my fears on a piece of paper and then balling it up and throwing it away.
--Excercising burns my excess energy. Something brisk like swimming.
--Realizing my thoughts will pass.
--Understanding that I'm not "crazy" just stressed.
--talking to my doctor about panic situations and there are prescriptions for anxiousness.
--Get a good nights sleep, but when I'm not sleeping, I'll have a beer or a "drink" and that will put me out. Hope some of these help.

Thats what happens when you start projecting fears of the future.
All that honeysuckle just gose round and round in your head and
her head triggering negative emotions and chemicles in your head.
You are the troubles of your own making.

Then you get a warm buring sensation in your tummy from the acid
your body and brain releases.
Then you gatta go numb yourself out with alcohol ( outside negative chemicles)...which
is a depressent...which makes you more **** depressed
and creating more negative. negative feeds on negative.
There's all kinds of the so call side effects of taking pills..which will make you even more depressed.
If you get addicted to them...you're screwed.

You and her dont know whats going to happen in the future...
If youre going to talk about the future....project positive stuff.
Trigger happy or good feelings.

Create happiness....
You could had easily talk about your happy weding day, your beautiful life, your beautiful home, your beautiful family and a big ass fat bank account. The many, many wonderful vacations and beautiful places your can travel together...ect

Focus on happy thoughts and feelings. Positive feeds on positive.
Positive chemicles your brain and body will release without the side effects.

Its neutraul...use it to work for you or againts you.

It's a simple concept. I'm pretty sure you're smart or wise enough to figure it out.

You can also take vitamin B6 and B12 to promote good moods...if youre not consuming the proper diet or veggies.
Our brains needs vitamin Bs to function properly.

Great advice. I will look into more of the B vitamin's. Already use Niacin, B3, and it seems to help a lot, better than taking anything else that's prescribed. And the positive thoughts work too. Thx's.

Thanks for your inputs everyone! i really appreciate it ... dealing with panic has never been easy for me, but I'm glad theres solutions I can try when I need them

Latest posts

Back