Parents

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayri

Reaction score
Why are parents so unfair ? How come they can do something that i cannot ? It pushes me to the edge..but eventually, all of that rage turns into sorrow. i hate them. i hate them so much. i cant even explain it.

Rayri said:
Why are parents so unfair ? How come they can do something that i cannot ? It pushes me to the edge..but eventually, all of that rage turns into sorrow. i hate them. i hate them so much. i cant even explain it.

Life is unfair. As one ages, you'll learn that while the world offers more freedom and opportunities, it also is even more unfair.

Consider this: if you offend your parent a great deal, you might get grounded. When you get older in college, you realize that if you offend your professor too much, you might be failed for a permanent mark against you.

Then you figure that if you go into the real world, it'll be better. Well, you get a boss and learn that if you offend your boss too much, you will lose your income - soon after followed by your place to live, anything to eat, and essentially, your entire life.

tl;dr: life is tough, people in authority over you will always feel like ********.

When you turn 18 you can do whatever you want. Meanwhile, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I've never hated my parents. I know they can be up tight sometimes and can be unfair. But they're people and they have flaws. That's what everyone should realize somehow. Might be weird to hear specially in this parent/family-hating generation, but I'd die for my parents and the things I do or try to achieve in my life, a huge part of that, is cos of them.

I just get sad that not a lot of people nowadays are ready for being parents and that causes growing up a child that's not ready to be a child. Everyone wants to grow up so fast. (twitch)

No, we're not. We're just sharing our opinions on the matter. Hate is a serious word. specially coined with emphasis.

Rayri said:
Why are parents so unfair ? How come they can do something that i cannot ?

Are those rhetorical questions, or are you actually interested in answers? If you are, then we'll need some background information first. I can't say anything about why they are unfair, or if they even ARE unfair at all, unless you explain what makes you think this.

Second question is easier, though. They can do something that you cannot because they are older and more experienced, and because they are adults - with all the privileges and responsibilities that comes with this.

Everyone has at some times felt that their parents were being unfair. Keep in mind though, that mostly this is because they love you, want what's best for you and are trying to protect you. There are parents out there who should never be allowed to have kids, of course; parents who beat their kids, abuse then or just ignores their responsibilities. If this is the case with yours, you have my sympathy. If not, I'd ease down on the hate, if I were you.

Again, it's hard to answer since I know absolutely nothing about you, your parents or your situation. Hope you can work it out, at any rate.

Are you just looking for a bunch of people to say, "Oh, you're right! Parents are unfair, Life is unfair, poor you"? 'Cause it would be easier to just tell us that. Otherwise, you shouldn't be surprised if we ask you what happened, instead of blindly leaping to your defense.

They need to get off my back because i cant stand them. im not asking for your sympathy. i dont deserve sympathy. im mainly just venting. i kind of hate i posted this thread now.

Rayri said:
i kind of hate i posted this thread now.

concecuenses my little friend.
post a question, you get answers.
answers you may or may not like.

live and learn, part of growing up.

It's just how it is, my part timer says the same things and I laugh, cause at one time I used to feel the same way. Now that I'm older I see the bigger picture and get it. You will one day too. They are on your back like an annoying monkey because they care about you.

"Annoying monkey!" *snicker* I'm not sure how I feel about my kid considering me an annoying monkey in a couple of years, when she forgets that I'm "unfair" and/ or "mean" because I love her and am protecting her.

Latest posts

Back