Passion - The Secret to Life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dd11

Reaction score
I think that what happens is that we often get tired, beat down. And lose the "zest" of living. That is what children are so refreshing, they have that natural wonder of life that often gets lost on us adults. I have found that to really enjoy life you need passion and enthusiasm. And, you don't need it for other people but for yourself. Allow yourself to be immersed in the moment of whatever you are doing. If you are cooking yourself a meal, then seek to do it well. Challenge yourself. Make something tasty and expand your horizons. That is why I enjoy cooking. YOu can do it for others or just do it for you. But, don't settle for just microwaving a frozen dinner. Yeah, sometimes you are busy and that is what you need to do. But, the point I am making is to find enthusiasm in your every day life. I get enthusiastic about doing home projects like painting or decorating my home, etc. I like immerse myself and try to do it well. Allow yourself to have that enthusiasm and life is much more fun. :)

you are right, delledonne. If only it were that easy at all times. But you're right :)

Despicable Me said:
So what I took from this is that children are full of lemon zest and that we should all cook more often.

Yes. Let's cook the children! :D

I like your message delledonne. I find people who are passionate to be inspiring and very very fascinating, and it's something I aspire to myself. It's been a while since I've been able to reach that level of enthusiasm about anything, but I'm working on it. It's a pity when people disapprove or circumstances hinder that.

Well, I obviously like cooking! Lol. But you can apply that to anything. Gardening, knitting, basket weaving, playing the guitar, whatever floats yer boat!

Aisha said:
Despicable Me said:
So what I took from this is that children are full of lemon zest and that we should all cook more often.
Yes. Let's cook the children! :D
Ha, I was going to make that joke myself but I thought it was too morbid. Not everyone is fond of dark humor.

delledonne11 said:
Well, I obviously like cooking! Lol. But you can apply that to anything. Gardening, knitting, basket weaving, playing the guitar, whatever floats yer boat!
On a more serious note, while I agree that passion for things definitely makes life more enjoyable, I personally have a problem with the fact that many passions can also make life worse. There are certain things I'm very passionate about that I simply don't have the time, money, or energy to do. Knowing there are things I'd like to do but not ever having time to do them definitely doesn't really make life much better.
But it's not always just time or money or energy either. There are also certain interests that people don't like very much. Things like having completely different political, philosophical, and/or religious views than the people around you seem to make things a lot worse, in my experience. Enjoying these things makes it extremely difficult because if I 'let it slip' then I'm accused, attacked, insulted, persecuted, etc.

An example is Aisha's joke. I'm sure not everyone would like that joke very much, but I honestly found it very funny. So I went with a 'nicer' joke because I could tell you like cooking and because I'm simply just used to trying to avoid conflicts.

I've got plenty of passion but my problem seems to be practically everything else, sadly enough.

Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back