Patriotism, and the lack thereof

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pretty much said the same thing, but I was much more blunt. I really think I pissed some people off, let's see.... who was that ????/?? OH YEAH ... Now I remember.... Isn't a world full of hypocrites a ***** ??

I don't hate my country. I hate politics, and people sometimes, but I would find those annoying in any country.

Europe is beautiful though, I've visited a few places over there.

I meant that I was feeling hurt, and pissed... but didn't get the same reaction. So I just dropped it, but if anyone want's to lob granades over the fence, there coming right back ! And that's the end of it . I am just in a really, really, really bad mood right now... Got bad bad news, and it's eating my brain up like candy .

Relax, dude.

I never had any problem with you. I even granted your request to remove the gif of Lights. So please don't start insulting members, it reminds me of another member here who was banned recently, and I didn't like him for the same reason.

If there are any grenades that start getting lobbed and insults being slung around people will find themselves receiving a time out from the forum.

Walley said:
I like my country.
sure, there are always going to be people and leaders that do not represent my views, and special interest groups that go against my opinions, but generally I know that here in Canada, we have it pretty good.
it's kind of like.. if you took all the best parts of America and UK, mixed up the population into a melting pot of races and cultures and spread them out over a huge land mass.. you would have Canada!

that being said... we are not known for patriotism at all.
we are not flag-wavers. honestly, the only time you see a Canadian wearing the flag or maple leaf is when we are on vacation in a different country and don't want to be confused with Americans ;p
I think we are not nationalists in general is simply because we are so much of a multicultural society and we understand that almost everyone that lives here emigrated from somewhere else at one point or another.

Spoken like a true Canadian
emoticon-0103-cool.gif

Eve, a lot of people feel that way about America. Americans and non-Americans. A lot of us are ashamed to live here.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Eve, a lot of people feel that way about America. Americans and non-Americans. A lot of us are ashamed to live here.

Tell me, Muse...
What other countries have you visited or lived in?

Speaking as someone who does not live in the US, American's do not have the most positive reputation. That's all I'm going to say because as I've said in another thread on this topic, lets not get into the stereotypes because that is just going to lead to arguments. In fact I hate threads like these since they always seem to lead to people bickering between each other. No one country is perfect, every country has issues with patriotism, every country has their flaws, well except Canadian's everyone loves us. :D (jk)

But seriously, let it go and just agree to disagree.

I'm American and I love my country. I know we have our flaws, but there are A LOT of good things about living here, especially if you're a woman - we have more rights than many countries. For all those who slam us, there are just as many who want to move here, so we can't be all bad.

That said, I'm not one to thumb my nose at other countries either - I can appreciate and respect their cultures, with exception of those where human rights are violated. Most of the people I know are that way, too.

Latest posts

Back