Pictures - Other

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People clambering through the Cave of Crystals in Mexico wearing suits and backpacks of ice-cool air to cope with the 112F temperature.
gnHB7yM.jpg

The giant obelisks are formed from groundwater saturated in calcium sulphate which filtered through the cave system millions of years ago.
0zoHAL9.jpg

The Asian giant hornet, Vespa mandarinia, also known as the Japanese hornet and known colloquially as the yak-killer hornet, native to temperate and tropical Eastern Asia. Its body length is approximately 50.8 mm (2.0 in), with a wingspan of about 76 mm (3 in). Queens may reach a length of 55 mm (2.2 in). Due to its size, it is known in Japan as the giant sparrow bee.

MENN6I6_t.jpg

Antihero said:
Did I ever mention I really do not like Bees?
free-scared-smileys-320.gif

me nether,

This one time at band camp lol

I was in the car one time and this bee flow in why I was at the traffic lights so I jumped out and the lights change 3 times be for the bee finely flow out. My mum was in the passenger seat telling me to get back in. There was ppl waiting behind me peeping the horn and screaming at me to get back in cos I was holding the traffic up. All I could do is stand there and tell the lot of um to fresia off lol. Funny now but I really do hate the things. And they always fly around me.

Like last week I was in a pub having a meal with me mum and me sister and where having -4 tempters here now and a bee comes in and starts flying around me.

just weird and wrong and am not even that keen on honey. I say we make all bees extinct.

Bluey said:
I say we make all bees extinct.

About one-third of the human diet comes from insect-pollinated plants and the honeybee is responsible for 80 percent of that pollination. ~USDA

Minus said:
Bluey said:
I say we make all bees extinct.

About one-third of the human diet comes from insect-pollinated plants and the honeybee is responsible for 80 percent of that pollination. ~USDA

lol, I can live with out it still :p

I did know that actually. I would not make all bees extinct if I could. But I still don't like them.

Bluey said:
I did know that actually. I would not make all bees extinct if I could. But I still don't like them.

Maybe just save the honey bees since they are the ones doing the pollination. Since honey bees have barbed stingers meaning they will die if they sting a person, they are not as aggressive as a typical wasp. It doesn't automatically kill the wasp to sting someone so they can be as aggressive as they want.

The hornet above is so large that i figured it had to be harmless or else it would be like something out of a horror movie. It seems that they are not that harmless.
The venom contains at least eight distinct chemicals, some of which damage tissue, some of which cause pain, and at least one which has an odor that attracts more hornets to the victim.

The venom contains 5% acetylcholine, a greater concentration than is present in bee or other wasp venoms. Acetylcholine stimulates the pain nerve fibers, intensifying the pain of the sting.

The venom of the Asian giant hornet is more toxic than that of most other bees or wasps, giving this species one of the greatest lethal capacities per colony.

The enzyme in the venom is so strong that it can dissolve human tissue. On some occasions, the sting may be compared to the effects of a spider bite.

Like all hornets, V. mandarinia has a barbless stinger, allowing it to sting repeatedly.

Okay then here is two more of the buddies

2exsnyq.jpg

Latest posts

Back