Pimple faced making me depressed

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beans

Reaction score
I've been struggling with acne all my life since I was 14. I'm almost 29 and I still have them. I've been on all sorts of treatment, it works but only when I'm taking the medication. As soon as I come off them, they return and I can't be taking these pills forever as they are costly and have side effects.

Recently I came off them and the acne and grease has returned.

I just feel so much less of a woman. I feel like no guy will ever be attracted to me. It's easy to say 'Oh if he loves you, he will overlook it' and all that kind of crap. I mean, that's how we console ourselves but really it doesn't help to know even that.

I just feel like no matter how nice I dress or how nice and friendly and interesting I am, that with my acne, I won't ever attract anyone enough to love me.

I'm a guy who's 36 and I still get them. Not a lot but I have a big one on my forehead right now, and sometimes I break out around my chin when I shave. It's not a rash either, they are little pimples. Haven't been able to find anything that helps prevent them. It's really annoying. I know how you feel. When you get older you expect to grow out of them. It's not uncommon for women to break out though, my mom used to get them when she was...well...when it was her "time of the month".

It's even more embarrassing to go buy the creams and washes when you get older too.

Sci-Fi said:
I'm a guy who's 36 and I still get them. Not a lot but I have a big one on my forehead right now, and sometimes I break out around my chin when I shave. It's not a rash either, they are little pimples. Haven't been able to find anything that helps prevent them. It's really annoying. I know how you feel. When you get older you expect to grow out of them. It's not uncommon for women to break out though, my mom used to get them when she was...well...when it was her "time of the month".

It's even more embarrassing to go buy the creams and washes when you get older too.

I don't just have 'one' big one. I have many - small beaded ones on my forehead sometimes cheeks too. And you're a guy. It's not as disgusting as a girl at 29 who has it. Sigh....I already had such a tough time having it as a young girl, now I'm already a woman and I STILL have them. And mine doesn't just break out during that time of the month. It's daily.

Will I ever experience LOVE thanks to me acne.

I was just talking to someone the other day on here about acne strangely enough.
I don't really suffer in a bad way with this but ye am 36 and still get the odd one.

Do you have to pay for this treatment then? Like cant the doctor give it you on prescription? That would make it cheaper I would think.
Well am not sure where your from and how things work where you are.
Have you told the doctor this things also. He/she might be able to help.

I don't have a massive problem with spots but I sympathise with what your saying.

Maybe you should blame it on your attitude, and not on your acne. If you're all dressed up, but you really don't FEEL pretty because of your acne, people can see that and they'll find it unattractive. I'm not quite as old as you are, but I've wanted my acne to go away for a long time. I'm LITTERED with black heads, which most people don't notice, but I get really bad break outs where my chin, nose, cheeks, temples or forehead will have a cluster fresia of giant painful zits in one small area. This happens the most on my chin and nose, and sometimes it's so bad that it hurts to talk, because I've got 4-5 giant ones close enough to my mouth that any movement is painful as fresia. But for whatever reason, most people seem to think my skin looks pretty good. I don't wear make up most days of the week, but I don't dwell on it either. In fact, most people seem to think that everything about me is better than I would think it is, because I never really say anything, or show any signs that I'm bothered by anything about myself around them. And then, if and when I do, I always come off as funny for some reason, so they laugh it off, or reassure me that I'm wrong. Sometimes, your attitude can make a huge difference in how other's perceive you, and if you FEEL pretty, you're way more likely to look pretty. If you're down in the dumps, I don't doubt that you could look better. People see through your acne, I assure you. But they still don't like what they see underneath.

beans said:
I don't just have 'one' big one. I have many - small beaded ones on my forehead sometimes cheeks too. And you're a guy. It's not as disgusting as a girl at 29 who has it. Sigh....I already had such a tough time having it as a young girl, now I'm already a woman and I STILL have them. And mine doesn't just break out during that time of the month. It's daily.

Seriously? I beg to differ, I find extremely frustrating that at my age I still get them when I see other guys my age or younger who don't. I was just sympathizing with you whether its one or many. I also break out with a horrible rash from razor burn on my neck. I guess you can't possible know what that's like though.

Sci-Fi said:
I also break out with a horrible rash from razor burn on my neck. I guess you can't possible know what that's like though.

You know when I use electric shaver I get the same.
When I wet shave am OK
So IDK what your using but try different stuff. Like the gel you use to shave with and stuff. It can make a difference.

I don't need to shave every day as it don't grow that fast. But I find by doing so every day I get less spots.

Sci-Fi said:
beans said:

Seriously? I beg to differ, I find extremely frustrating that at my age I still get them when I see other guys my age or younger who don't. I was just sympathizing with you whether its one or many. I also break out with a horrible rash from razor burn on my neck. I guess you can't possible know what that's like though.

I have to agree with Sci-Fi here. Who the fresia cares whether you have a penis or a vagina. They bother EVERYONE, regardless.
Stress and hormones can make them worse, leaving women to often have them more than men because of the hormones. There's plenty of meds and whatnot out there, if you go to a dermatologist, I'm sure there's something that you haven't tried. Even if it means going to a different one.
I get the occasional few sometimes around my period, but they go away pretty quickly. HOWEVER, I do have little mini hives from my eczema pop up on my face a lot and that LOOKS like acne, as it's basically dry skin it's a ***** to cover up with makeup so a lot of times people think I have acne when I don't.

You know what really helps?

Accepting your condition. I have, I hope it doesn't continue into my adult life, but I'm stuck with it right now.

Not giving a crap about it and moving on. You wouldn't want to date someone who just looks at your face right, that's good; easily to rule guys out, They'd rather look at your personality and the rest of your body. :p

Sometimes I get the odd pimple and I am 29, it causes me dismay whenever I get a new one, I had a nasty one in this photo which plagued me for over a week. My nose is also infested with blackheads so that you cannot see my pores any longer.

They say that health begins in the digestive tract. Cleaning up your diet and try a cheap colon cleanse with Oxypowder:
http://www.oxypowder.com/?a_aid=142306
It will cost about $25 + shipping
Also you should try a liver cleanse: http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/cleansing/livatrex-liver-cleanse.html

It is alot cheaper and less drastic than accutane and the crap other crap that doesn't really work done by dermatologist specialized imbeciles. Even when it does work it screws up your liver because it is toxic.

I have a very mild case of it and it is an annoyance (especially the forehead), though not as bothersome to me as other effects of aging that I can't help but be aware of here at 30.

My efforts to keep my skin clear include:
-drinking plenty of water (that's my primary beverage by far)
-clinique 3-step morning and night
-limited sun
-daily exercise
-staying away from foods (especially drinks) known to lead to break outs

Sometimes I get the odd pimple and I am 29, it causes me dismay whenever I get a new one, I had a nasty one in this photo which plagued me for over a week. My nose is also infested with blackheads so that you cannot see my pores any longer.

They say that health begins in the digestive tract. Cleaning up your diet and try a cheap colon cleanse with Oxypowder.

It will cost about 25 US + shipping
Also you should try a liver cleanse.

It is alot cheaper and less drastic than accutane and the crap other crap that doesn't really work done by dermatologist specialized imbeciles. Even when it does work it screws up your liver because it is toxic.

SkuzzieMuff said:
Maybe you should blame it on your attitude, and not on your acne. If you're all dressed up, but you really don't FEEL pretty because of your acne, people can see that and they'll find it unattractive. I'm not quite as old as you are, but I've wanted my acne to go away for a long time. I'm LITTERED with black heads, which most people don't notice, but I get really bad break outs where my chin, nose, cheeks, temples or forehead will have a cluster fresia of giant painful zits in one small area. This happens the most on my chin and nose, and sometimes it's so bad that it hurts to talk, because I've got 4-5 giant ones close enough to my mouth that any movement is painful as fresia. But for whatever reason, most people seem to think my skin looks pretty good. I don't wear make up most days of the week, but I don't dwell on it either. In fact, most people seem to think that everything about me is better than I would think it is, because I never really say anything, or show any signs that I'm bothered by anything about myself around them. And then, if and when I do, I always come off as funny for some reason, so they laugh it off, or reassure me that I'm wrong. Sometimes, your attitude can make a huge difference in how other's perceive you, and if you FEEL pretty, you're way more likely to look pretty. If you're down in the dumps, I don't doubt that you could look better. People see through your acne, I assure you. But they still don't like what they see underneath.

Been there, done that. Guys have told me straight to my face that my pimples are ugly and blame me for not taking care of my face when that is exactly what I've been doing and spending so much money on. And what makes you think I have an 'attitude' when you've clearly have not met me in real life? Looks like you are the one with the attitude here.

Sci-Fi said:
beans said:

What I was saying is if a guy has acne, it wouldn't stop me from liking him. But for a guy, it is different.

I can really understand about what you're saying and how you are feeling. This in particular really struck a cord with me.

beans said:
I just feel so much less of a woman.

While I never really had that bad acne in my teens, in my 20s (I'm 29 now) I developed a skin condition which is common in people with fair skin. I look flushed all the time and my face is really effected my temperature. I have to say some days I feel like a monster and I honestly have periods where I think I can't go on feeling this ugly anymore. It stops me going out and I have no confidence. What people forget I think is how badly things like this can effect some people. I also have no joy with doctors because I just don't think they are interested. I also feel like less of a woman and as you say I worry people think I'm dirty, which of course I'm not but I think people blame bad skin on the person.

I do worry too no man will ever want me though I have had two boyfriends since my condition started. I never really felt pretty or believed they thought I was pretty though.

As for the boy / girl thing...hmm well the last guy I saw had pretty bad skin but he was very popular with the ladies and most of his friends were models who were happy to get their kit off for him whereas I've been walking down the street and had people say "nice body shame about the face" or "I would...but in the dark". Now has anyone ever said things like that about a man? Or heard them said? Or has a man had that said to them?...

annik said:
I can really understand about what you're saying and how you are feeling. This in particular really struck a cord with me.

beans said:
I just feel so much less of a woman.

As for the boy / girl thing...hmm well the last guy I saw had pretty bad skin but he was very popular with the ladies and most of his friends were models who were happy to get their kit off for him whereas I've been walking down the street and had people say "nice body shame about the face" or "I would...but in the dark". Now has anyone ever said things like that about a man? Or heard them said? Or has a man had that said to them?...[/font]

Thanks for hearing me out, Annik. This has caused deep pains in my life and it varies through culture and the people too and the worse to hear is that its my attitude when people have no idea what a person I am in real life. Of course on the Internet, I express my deepest feelings about the subject but dooesn't mean I go around walking about in my life with it.

About the boy/girl thing, it is really double standards.

I have seen men with terrible and deep acne scars and yet they have beautiful model like girlfriends. Let's be real, for guys, having acne isn't such a big problem for them and I've heard it said that acne scars may even suit their type of face and make them look 'cute'.

For example, take a look at Tommy Lee Jones and one other Spaniard actor (I forgot his name). Both of these men have deep acne scars, bad skin, but they are celebrities.

I've not met a single actress who was like that though.

Because it is not accepted for a woman to have bad skin. Period. I'm not saying it's accepted for guys, but it's easier on them and people don't think much about it.

When my friends asked a guy about what he thought of me after meeting me, she told me he said "Oh, Beans? The pimpled girl?" Those were his exact words and its like as if that's the only thing he saw of me.

beans said:
SkuzzieMuff said:

Been there, done that. Guys have told me straight to my face that my pimples are ugly and blame me for not taking care of my face when that is exactly what I've been doing and spending so much money on. And what makes you think I have an 'attitude' when you've clearly have not met me in real life? Looks like you are the one with the attitude here.

Of course I have an attitude, and I'll admit it. But the next solution to those problems is to go after guys that aren't shallow ********.

It really isn't about shallowness. It's about learning to overcome instincts... in relation to being with a girl with acne .. or anything else that could be visually perceived as an "illness".

I would be willing to do that though. Can't say I've ever been with a girl with acne though, but that likely has more to do with the fact that very few women where I live have it... which is something I never noticed until just now.

There are a lot of things I could think of that would be worse on my list for physical attributes than acne though if for some reason I couldn't overcome the instinctual hesitation.

My sister had it really bad but then the dermatologist gave her clinical strength stuff and it went away. Also I think she mellowed out emotionally, so who knows. Also, I have to say this, I get some when I masturbate if I don't wash my hands after.

Latest posts

Back