Pizza Hut Cheese is Silicone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9006 said:
Yes, in fact it was just on the news the other day about how a particular additive is banned from Canada but why not here - some places are more strict than others.

There is quite a bit of that but it is not a one way street. It is my understanding that BVO is banned in Europe but can be used in drinks in the states, while red dye # 2 is banned in the states but legal in Europe and considered to be safe by European Food Safety Authority.

Dr. Strangelove said:
But at what point does personal responsibility come into play? Everybody knows that the best foods to eat are unprocessed. Shouldn't a person realize that they shouldn't eat something when they go to read the ingredients and they don't know what any of it is?

I'm apprehensive about putting more government required labels on items because all that does is create a bigger bureaucracy that can, and will, be exploited by corporate lobbyist. Much in the same way you argue that corporations take advantage of the legal system, corporations will take advantage of this. For example, a company might lobby to only require GM food labels on items that contain GM wheat, but not GM corn. Or perhaps an organic company will push for labels on food that has any kind of artificial coloring. Or further down the line an organic company might push to require any company to call a food item "organic" has to get the food certified by a third party (who is also lobbying) for a substantial fee. In the end the larger corporations will actually push for more regulation because it prices the competition out of the market. Corporations love the government and the power that comes with it.

I don't think we will agree, so we can agree to disagree haha. I simply just say that government is never the answer.

That is a good question because personal responsibility certainly does come into play. Natural selection and all I suppose. It has to be an intricate balance I guess. I totally get where you are coming from. I just think we are slowly going more and more to the side of it being bad than there being any sort of balance is what I'm saying.

I don't think that it being strictly government controlled is necessarily a good way to do it either for the same reasons. And if it was a private thing, it would likely eventually just grow to some huge entity that behaves just like a corporation that eventually becomes just like the others. That's what the MPAA is like, most of the board of directors on it are top executives of many movie/entertainment studios. Anyway, to me it's just common sense, and common decency, to inform your fellow man. That's why I called it negligence originally. It just seems wrong in a way and I guess because I can't imagine myself doing something like that to others, I don't understand why so many others do and that they seem perfectly ok with doing it. The pursuit for money has caused us to do a lot of terrible things to each other and this is just another example I guess.

Minus said:
9006 said:
Yes, in fact it was just on the news the other day about how a particular additive is banned from Canada but why not here - some places are more strict than others.

There is quite a bit of that but it is not a one way street. It is my understanding that BVO is banned in Europe but can be used in drinks in the states, while red dye # 2 is banned in the states but legal in Europe and considered to be safe by European Food Safety Authority.

Well it's something that varies since each place has their own type of committee, though I think it would be better if they could put it into a language the people can understand for a vote.

Amen. Pizza hut is the worst out of the pizza chains.

The only thing good about pizza hut is their stuffed crust. Dominos and papa johns don't offer that.

Pizza hut recently changed their hand tossed crust into something similar to dominos. I like it better but their overall pizza still sucks.

9006 said:
Minus said:
9006 said:

Well it's something that varies since each place has their own type of committee, though I think it would be better if they could put it into a language the people can understand for a vote.

not only that, but each place has it's own lobbyists and corporate powers with their own agendas that can hold back or ban certain things simply due to politics or worries of copyright infringements.
there are lots of things bad for us on the market simply because there is too much money in it to ban it, and there are plenty of things that would be beneficial to us but are banned for silly reasons.

one story that was just told to me by a doctor in relation to my mother-in-laws cancer:
I cant recall the specific names of the drug so you will have to take my word for it, but he told us there is a drug that can help extend life and ease certain types of brain cancer, but it is not available in Canada. it is in the usa.. but not here, simply because there is another drug made by a company that has a similar patent and even though it does not treat the same cancer or have the same effects, it is too close to the other patent and has been held back in Canada for 5 years.
has nothing to do with any fact that it is good or bad for people. the powers-that-be don't really care about that.

Latest posts

Back