Please answer my question

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sk8aboi

Reaction score
Hey,im 17 male.and i have a question about something.apoligiez if its a dumb question, im not a very inteligent person.
So,im looking for a girlfriend but some of my friends tell me that i should look for a girl with a good personality.i do agree with this,but i feel that "apperances" is more important.i mean,you have to be attracted to a girl,and think she is beautiful and cute.i do wish i could have a girl that has an amzing personality and great looks,but lets face it,if never met anybody with both these characteristics,dont get me wrong im not calling anybody ugly,im just saying most girls have one of these things,either they are really reallly attractive,or they have an amazing personality (still attractive,but not my type).so what im asking for is: what do i look for in a girl? Should i look for appearance,or personality? I feel that it is more important to seek a girl with good looks,because a couple has to find each other attractive,though personality does play a big role.please help

Generally, personality is way more important if you want any kind of lasting relationship. Granted, there needs to be some physical attraction, but there are plenty of average to above-average looking girls out there who are really fun to be around, and who make good girlfriend material.

Looking back to when I was 17, I looked past many somewhat cute girls because I was fixated on the knockouts - many of those girls were great to be around, got better looking with age (which many of the knockouts got worse as they aged), and, most importantly, were in my league.

Sk8aboi said:
..they have an amazing personality (still attractive,but not my type).so what im asking for is: what do i look for in a girl?

speeling abeleety

You will find that as you get to know someone and fall in love, the physical attraction will come. In my experience the most handsome men i have dated were real mean and shallow. Some of the least good looking had bad self esteem issues, that turned me off. So i go for the average looking lol...then again you never know what life can send you, you may fall in love with someone that you would never even think of. And no matter what they look like everyone one had their own personnality, i know extreamemly attractive women with great personnalities, and get bad attitude from less good looking girls. Dont Brand people, it will limit your choices.

You should just take people as they come.Don't go setting yourself goals by trying to aim for the most beautiful woman you get.Personality will always win over looks in any Long-Term Relationship.

Sk8aboi said:
Hey,im 17 male.and i have a question about something.apoligiez if its a dumb question, im not a very inteligent person.
So,im looking for a girlfriend but some of my friends tell me that i should look for a girl with a good personality.i do agree with this,but i feel that "apperances" is more important.i mean,you have to be attracted to a girl,and think she is beautiful and cute.i do wish i could have a girl that has an amzing personality and great looks,but lets face it,if never met anybody with both these characteristics,dont get me wrong im not calling anybody ugly,im just saying most girls have one of these things,either they are really reallly attractive,or they have an amazing personality (still attractive,but not my type).so what im asking for is: what do i look for in a girl? Should i look for appearance,or personality? I feel that it is more important to seek a girl with good looks,because a couple has to find each other attractive,though personality does play a big role.please help

You're young so you have time to learn the hard way.

If you want to get a pretty girl, the narcissistic type is the most likely to get because they go through boyfriends like through butter. Oh man, after a couple of those you will learn real good whether you want it or not.

Oh yeah, brace for feeling terribly shitty for the duration of these relationships. And after the break-ups, too. They love playing mind games and trying to keep you down for as long as possible.

Wow thanx guys,all of you helped heaps,but there is still one thing that i find really hard.is confidence and being shy.i mean i dont fit in with people,im defintely not the "alpha male" as you guys call them.im the one always "in the corner" and following everybody else.i have but 3 friends who i hang out with and im not shy in front of them(that much),but i see myself as a nobody.do i stand a chance against others,like alpha males and all,or is it better for me to wait for girls to grow out of that idea about "bad boys" and "aplha males"?and if there is anything you can do to overcome shyness,what is it? Coz ive tried everything.

Don't wait - many women never grow out of the bad boy phase. You will need to be confident, though. Think about what you're good at and play up those strengths - you will be more confident when you are doing/talking about things you're comfortable with - use your skateboarding skills, for instance. If you're out skating and you see a cute girl watching, shoot her a smile and then do a trick - if the trick does well, take a bow - if it goes poorly, laugh about it (no matter how much pain you may be in).

As far as the shyness, try once a day to strike up a conversation with a stranger - nothing long or involved, but when you are standing in line at the store, say "Hi" to someone and make a comment on something nearby like "I like this store because they..." or "It seems like they are busier than usual" - whatever may be appropriate. Once you are comfortable doing that, then start greeting people with a compliment - my fiance (who was very outgoing) used to do this all the time, she would stop people on the street and say "I love your shirt, where did you get that?" or "What perfume are you wearing, that's smells great?" - who doesn't like a compliment, especially from a stranger. Shyness takes time and practice to overcome, though.

Hope this helps.

Haha yeah thanx it does help a lot.but the part where you mention to do a trick in front of a girl and then bow..haha you make it sound like im 12 .but i see your point,thanx :)

Latest posts

Back