Please go easy on me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richo89

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I don't really know what to write so ill just pour my heart out.
I feel like I've missed the boat.
I'm 24 I live at home with my mum. (My mum is a alcoholic)
I have never really had a girlfriend.
I finally plucked up the courage and left my job which I hated after being there 6 years. I'm now working as a security guard.
Im thinking of starting a apprenticeship in 6 months time as a plumber but then by the time I finish I will be 30.
apprentice wages are crap and very hard to live on and because rent is so high I'm going to be stuck with my mum until the age of 30 as I seriously doubt I will have a girlfriend any time in the future. I just feel like a failure. Why didn't I sort my life out when I was younger :(
I lay awake at night wondering what's wrong with me and why I can't get a girlfriend. And for the last 4 months everyday 3 to 4 times for about 90 minutes I get this feeling of absolute sadness and feel like crying. I'm going back to the docter as soon as possible to hopefully get some anti depressants.
:( I don't know what else to say.
sorry

You're holding down a job. You pay your bills. You're setting goals for your future. You're helping your mom out around the house.

You're not a loser.

But I know what you're going through. I feel the same way at times.

But you're not a loser.

I'm almost 31, and still finishing up a degree in college. I will be 32 before I graduate.

I don't feel like a loser. Everyone goes at their own pace.

Hey man, I know you probably don't want to here this, but you got allot of things going for you. It's just you feel lonely and like you should be farther in life is all. You got your mom, and a job, and even a plan you can do. It might suck for awhile, but you got a way out at the end. You Mom would be proud of you for doing the apprenticeship man !! That's a good goal...

Having a girlfriend isn't always what it's cracked up to be.... People in relationships can be just as alone.

Hey 30 years old and have a profession that will always be needed, and will make big bucks. You can nab a good lady then... Just focus on what you need to do, instead of what you want to do for right now... Then you can do what you want !!

richo89 said:
Hi everyone.
I finally plucked up the courage and left my job which I hated after being there 6 years. I'm now working as a security guard.
Im thinking of starting a apprenticeship in 6 months time as a plumber but then by the time I finish I will be 30.
apprentice wages are crap and very hard to live on and because rent is so high I'm going to be stuck with my mum until the age of 30 as I seriously doubt I will have a girlfriend any time in the future. I just feel like a failure. Why didn't I sort my life out when I was younger :(
I lay awake at night wondering what's wrong with me and why I can't get a girlfriend. And for the last 4 months everyday 3 to 4 times for about 90 minutes I get this feeling of absolute sadness and feel like crying. I'm going back to the docter as soon as possible to hopefully get some anti depressants.
sorry

There is nothing to be sorry for, richo. You're already taking action to straighten your life out, which is more than some of us can claim. What you need to do is keep an eye out for options. So your mother's an alcoholic? Once you begin your apprenticeship, you'll probably meet other plumbers-in-training. See if any of them know about vacancies; maybe you can find an in-law apartment somewhere. Or get three or four of you together & rent a house or apartment! Even if the pay is chicken feed, at least you're getting paid something. Try to save a bit out of each paycheck. Even if it's just $5 (or the equivalent in your currency, wherever you are), each time you put away a bit, the stack gets taller. Do not tell your mother, your friends, or anyone else about your savings & don't keep it in an obvious place (such as under the bed). You've started on the path, lad. All you need to do is keep walking it. Once you've gotten your ducks in a row, that girlfriend may well find you.

You don't need a good job to have a relationship, and that's all I'll say.

Anyone who says otherwise, it's because of their sickening pride, arrogance, and ease with women, do not listen to these people.

Thanks for the support everyone. Sometimes I just feel like there is a huge cloud over me. Seriously thank you so much I've wanted to get this stuff off my chest for months.

It's good to get all those negative emotions out sometimes, heart will feel little more peaceful. So don't worry. :) You will find a girlfriend soon enough, I'm sure. You sound like a good person and I'm sure some special girl will see that too in the future. 24 is so young! Take care. :>

Hey richo, welcome to the forum. Hope you find what you're looking for.. I think some people can relate to you here.

richo89 said:
Hi everyone.
sorry

Will you make enough to get a place with roommates?

You can usually find apartment shares online. Then you don't have to live with your mother. I know how that it is, I had to move back in with mine for a year after my divorce and it sucked.

24 is really young though. I wouldn't worry so much.

It is what it is. My life was totally destroyed at 26 and I had to start over from scratch.

You only really have today.

I don't think I will make enough. In one sense I will be glad im leaving but in another I feel I am abandoning her. For 10 years ive tried helping her with her problem with alcohol I've just gotten to a point now where I have just given up trying to help her.

Latest posts

Back