Post freely on this board

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm lonely. I'm beyond lonely. I'm so lonely it hurts. I posted about it numerous times on my facebook page, but I feel like I've drawn a lot of people away because they feel like it's a waste of time to talk to me these days. I'm constantly depressed too because I keep on thinking that I'm a failure. I honestly think that if I didn't want to cause inconvenience for my family, I'd probably kill myself. But I'm still going...

juryandrews said:
i just feel sad most of the time.living all alone after escaped from my real parents who has been abused me.is there anyone here who is in similar situation.i need good company to know i'm not the alone.

I'm sorry you went through all that. While I haven't been through abuse, feel free to send me a PM sometime. :)

Polizei said:
I'm lonely. I'm beyond lonely. I'm so lonely it hurts. I posted about it numerous times on my facebook page, but I feel like I've drawn a lot of people away because they feel like it's a waste of time to talk to me these days. I'm constantly depressed too because I keep on thinking that I'm a failure. I honestly think that if I didn't want to cause inconvenience for my family, I'd probably kill myself. But I'm still going...

Dear, you are not a failure. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Same offer to you too. I love meeting new people. :)

Hugs for both of you. *hugs*

juryandrews said:
i just feel sad most of the time.living all alone after escaped from my real parents who has been abused me.is there anyone here who is in similar situation.i need good company to know i'm not the alone.

I know how it feels like to be so lonely. I hope being on this forum can help you vent or open up about how you feel and what you're going through and find peace from it too. Feel free to PM me if you want to have a little chat. *hugs*

Polizei said:

Not many people know how to deal with others who are going through loneliness.. or they feel like it's a hassle and don't want to deal with it.
Like what Seal said, you're not a failure. Nobody is. Everyone has good and bad moments, everyone falls down every now and then. What's important is to keep getting up and keep trying. Talk to us here on the forum, I hope that you'll get a good support from here to feel better. Feel free to PM me if you wish to as well. *hugs*
*hugs*

hello....yes I to am lonely...suddenly life is full of problems and i am alone to face them...lost my husband on 5th nov....

how do I solve the problems he has left behind....daily something new comes up...:(

peaceful said:
hello....yes I to am lonely...suddenly life is full of problems and i am alone to face them...lost my husband on 5th nov....

how do I solve the problems he has left behind....daily something new comes up...:(

I'm sorry to read about your loss, peaceful. I hope you are holding up all right. It's probably still too soon to feel okay now, but I hope you are anyway.

What sort of problems are you referring to?

youcouldnevertell said:
Being alone is making my moods worse. I wish I had someone to hang out with after Christmas.

That sucks, I can understand this. :\ Sorry though, wish something would turn for the better for you. *hugs*

It is only Boxing Day and already my moods and loneliness are getting worse. Can't go out because I have no one to hang out with and I hate going out on my own not because I am afraid to but because I get jealous of people around me who have friends, staying home just makes it worse, distracting myself never lasts.

youcouldnevertell said:
It is only Boxing Day and already my moods and loneliness are getting worse. Can't go out because I have no one to hang out with and I hate going out on my own not because I am afraid to but because I get jealous of people around me who have friends, staying home just makes it worse, distracting myself never lasts.

Sadly I know exactly where your coming from

I thought I would buy tickets to a comedy gig that is happening where I live in April. But i just can't go! No one to go with, I hate going to gigs on my own. Everyone around me has friends to chat with before the gig and I just sit there like an idiot. Then if I don't go, I miss out.

I know...I enjoy amateur dramatics and live gigs but going on your own is just uncomfortable.....and simply finding another person to go along with...without having a multitude of other expectations is an impossible task or at least appears to be...I think I've got around to thinking that these enjoyable activities are denied to me....but I'm sure I will try again at some point in time.

On account of no replying to me anyways I will say this is my second time logging on and this place is not frfrequent, but hey its better than sas, crazy people are negative and normal people are judgmental and suck I prefer crazy

differentlonelygirl said:
On account of no replying to me anyways I will say this is my second time logging on and this place is not frfrequent, but hey its better than sas, crazy people are negative and normal people are judgmental and suck I prefer crazy

It's people's brains that aren't thinking, dear. Just a bit lacking at 7 AM in the morning after VD ;)

I don't think anyone here is as lonely as me, and that sucks. It's against my will too..... I'm a circus animal I guess. An experiment. An observer, a lonely rat, who's unable to get out the maze. I don't know, I'm alone. I'll be hopeful... the most hopeful!

Mouse said:
differentlonelygirl said:

It's people's brains that aren't thinking, dear. Just a bit lacking at 7 AM in the morning after VD ;)

Thanks appreciate it.

Sorry to not be sorry. I don't have to apologize for who I am, if you're honest about honesty then I'm honest about your honesty. Enough games, people never stick with me regardless... I doubt I know that ever happened in someone else's reality

Differentlonelygirl, There are many ways to say the same thing, one way may cause a defensive reaction another a positive helpful reaction. It's fine to be honest and speak frankly, I do that too, but from experience I've found the best way to make someone see your point of view and gain ones understanding and help is by explaining the problem clearly in ways they can emphasize with, while being respectful and courteous, as that's how I hope to be treated back in return. You seem to be pushing people away before they can do it to you. That's not so uncommon with those that have suffered a great deal of rejection from those they felt cared for them. But that's not the best way to handle it if one is looking for support and hoping to make good caring friends. Good luck to you.

I've seen so many professionals for my depression. I've dutifully tried the drugs, cognitive behavioral therapy (that with the pharmaceuticals--and there's always a new "miracle drug"--was supposed to be nearly a certain fix), and three times over ten years full courses of bilateral high-voltage ECT. I've joined groups, volunteered, reached out to my neighbors and "friends." I've tried religion, meditation, yoga. I've "invested in myself," taking online classes, staying late at work to learn new programs, traveling. And I've read for years and years people's advice and stories about what works for them. I gave it my best shot. However else I failed--and I admit there have been a lot of ways, I gave this my best shot.

When I can't even buy companionship--for even more than the time is being advertised for, and this persists for six years, and reflects the overwhelming trend of my life, it's time to throw in the towel.

I read a blog last night as I sat in an ugly motel room 2 hours away from my home, celebrating my birthday alone with some cold take-out and a video game on my laptop, a blog on the effects of meth on addicts. One person had posted some before-after pics of users, and I admit the after pics were all very scary. But another poster who'd overcome meth addiction wrote that life was so painful for him he just needed a guaranteed escape, and meth provided him it every single time. He knew the dangers meth presented, but life was so painful for him he accepted those dangers. If I were younger and less squeamish, I'm ashamed to admit, I'd search out drugs to try to escape.

I've hit rock bottom. But I've known for a long time things wouldn't get better. How? Because even when I was very young I could see the way our culture treats older people. They're not even worthy of our hatred--because they just don't exist. Except, of course, as a source of money for young people to have fun with. Now that I'm one of the old people, I see that no one even bothers making eye contact with me anymore when I politely greet them in the streets or at a store or meetup. Oh, the plasticly polite check-out people at Trader Joe's say, "Sir" to me. But though they're not intending it this way, "sir" is a label--a talisman against the uniquely disgusting--the aged. "Sir" says, "I feel good about myself for being polite to an old person whom otherwise I have no interest in conversing with, and who, I pray, moves along as quickly as possible." Anyhow, maybe some of us are just not "meant" to be here, and certainly not meant to be here after a certain age.

I can't put into words how much I'm hurting. I cannot be honest about how I'm feeling; that's a guaranteed way to alienate the few others who're around for a few seconds every couple of months, for whom positivity is a religion. The ones who'll curse me once I'm gone for being weak and selfish. You know, the ones who're too busy with their fabulous lives to get together for a movie, or lunch, or a hike, or just coffee--my treat. I've tried the hotlines. After they determine I don't have a gun in my hand they, too, shoo me away. I'm old, ugly, and chronically lonely--the diabolical trifecta. And there's not a **** thing I can do about it. Well, there is one thing I can do about it. And I fully intend to.

NW1234, I'm sorry, I truly understand the pains of depression, trying everything you can to help yourself, having people step on you and discard you, and chronic loneliness. I'm one of those treatment resistant types, and the VA docs have little understanding and patience for that kind. I have pets (a lot over the course of 30 years taking in strays) and they are why I bother to get up and try at all. They love me anyway, despite my flaws and hangups. They are true, people have not been.

Still most everyone needs human companionship and the more stepped on you get the harder it is to trust and see a new person as the exception to the rule, one that really is the genuine article, no lies, no agendas, peel the wrapper and no surprises. But those kind are very hard to find both on and offline. Today there are people that don't make an effort to cement friendships, content with keeping new people as acquaintances. These types have their circle of friends and family and selfishly don't care to make the effort when it comes to new friends. Good friends have always been hard to find though. Fair weather types really can't be classified as friends anyway. It's hard meeting new people especially if ya have problems. Did you ever try volunteering, say at an animal shelter? People there generally are not so self absorbed as the average person today. Maybe you could meet some more down to earth people that way.

I wish I had some other ideas for you that you haven't tried. How did the ECT work for you? Have you ever thought of trying Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation? Not quite the same thing as ECT. Have you ever read up on TMS? I understand the frustrations, it's tough when you have tried and tried and still stuck in neutral. Docs and people with little empathy don't get it at all. It's not them after all and so ya get are trite condescending lines and meds a monkey could have selected. I hope things get better, I understand all too clearly what you say and feel. Take Care, Todd

youcouldnevertell said:
I thought I would buy tickets to a comedy gig that is happening where I live in April. But i just can't go! No one to go with, I hate going to gigs on my own. Everyone around me has friends to chat with before the gig and I just sit there like an idiot. Then if I don't go, I miss out.

Still worried about this. Found out that this comedian has added more dates to his shows in my area and I still wish to go but just don't want to go on my own. I am not AFRAID to go on my own, I am just really tired of doing stuff like this on my own all the time. I have no one to ask. No one wants to go with an infatuated fangirl loser in her 30's. I may as well just get over it.

youcouldnevertell said:
youcouldnevertell said:

Still worried about this. Found out that this comedian has added more dates to his shows in my area and I still wish to go but just don't want to go on my own. I am not AFRAID to go on my own, I am just really tired of doing stuff like this on my own all the time. I have no one to ask. No one wants to go with an infatuated fangirl loser in her 30's. I may as well just get over it.

Aren't there any online sites or forums for such gigs where you can organise a get-together with other people who are interested and meet up to go to the gig together?

I remember when I was a teenager, I wanted so badly to go to this gig and I was not in the mood to go alone. So there was a forum I was on for the fans of the band to interact, they set up a meeting for each gig for anyone who wants to go to together. I did it once, was pretty cool. Met a bunch of cool people, ended up being friends with one guy who became the band's bassist later on, and made another friend with this talented guy who ended up being the band's merchandise designer. Those were such good times... just that we aren't in touch anymore. Shame.

Latest posts

Back