Post freely on this board

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ladyforsaken said:
youcouldnevertell said:
youcouldnevertell said:
I thought I would buy tickets to a comedy gig that is happening where I live in April. But i just can't go! No one to go with, I hate going to gigs on my own. Everyone around me has friends to chat with before the gig and I just sit there like an idiot. Then if I don't go, I miss out.

Still worried about this. Found out that this comedian has added more dates to his shows in my area and I still wish to go but just don't want to go on my own. I am not AFRAID to go on my own, I am just really tired of doing stuff like this on my own all the time. I have no one to ask. No one wants to go with an infatuated fangirl loser in her 30's. I may as well just get over it.

Aren't there any online sites or forums for such gigs where you can organise a get-together with other people who are interested and meet up to go to the gig together?

I remember when I was a teenager, I wanted so badly to go to this gig and I was not in the mood to go alone. So there was a forum I was on for the fans of the band to interact, they set up a meeting for each gig for anyone who wants to go to together. I did it once, was pretty cool. Met a bunch of cool people, ended up being friends with one guy who became the band's bassist later on, and made another friend with this talented guy who ended up being the band's merchandise designer. Those were such good times... just that we aren't in touch anymore. Shame.

I am too old for fan forums, and don't really 'belong' on them. Had a bad experience on one some years back and meeting other fans from the forum at a gig didn''t go too well.

ladyforsaken said:
youcouldnevertell said:
youcouldnevertell said:
I thought I would buy tickets to a comedy gig that is happening where I live in April. But i just can't go! No one to go with, I hate going to gigs on my own. Everyone around me has friends to chat with before the gig and I just sit there like an idiot. Then if I don't go, I miss out.

Still worried about this. Found out that this comedian has added more dates to his shows in my area and I still wish to go but just don't want to go on my own. I am not AFRAID to go on my own, I am just really tired of doing stuff like this on my own all the time. I have no one to ask. No one wants to go with an infatuated fangirl loser in her 30's. I may as well just get over it.

Aren't there any online sites or forums for such gigs where you can organise a get-together with other people who are interested and meet up to go to the gig together?

I remember when I was a teenager, I wanted so badly to go to this gig and I was not in the mood to go alone. So there was a forum I was on for the fans of the band to interact, they set up a meeting for each gig for anyone who wants to go to together. I did it once, was pretty cool. Met a bunch of cool people, ended up being friends with one guy who became the band's bassist later on, and made another friend with this talented guy who ended up being the band's merchandise designer. Those were such good times... just that we aren't in touch anymore. Shame.

I am too old for fan forums, and don't really 'belong' on them. Had a bad experience on one some years back and meeting other fans from the forum at a gig didn''t go too well.

youcouldnevertell said:

Well that sucks, I'm sorry you had a negative experience. :\

Why not just go alone anyway, even if you can't find someone to go with? Just this one last time since you'd hate to miss it. Then maybe next one you can try to arrange something up. I don't know if there are "Meetup" groups where you live, personally I don't know how those work but I always hear about how people use that platform to arrange outings or meetings. And I don't think anyone is too old for these groups. I know your previous experience didn't go well, but don't let it determine how all your future experiences will be, cos it won't always be the same.

Good luck though.

ladyforsaken said:
Well that sucks, I'm sorry you had a negative experience. :\

Why not just go alone anyway, even if you can't find someone to go with? Just this one last time since you'd hate to miss it. Then maybe next one you can try to arrange something up. I don't know if there are "Meetup" groups where you live, personally I don't know how those work but I always hear about how people use that platform to arrange outings or meetings. And I don't think anyone is too old for these groups. I know your previous experience didn't go well, but don't let it determine how all your future experiences will be, cos it won't always be the same.

Good luck though.
I'm tired of doing things like this on my own though. And, like with the forums, had drama with Meetups some years back.
I'm 37...way too old for any group.

I don't think 37 is too old, you need to be positive happy and healthy. I believe that there's always one perfect person for us somewhere, who will come to our life one day. All you need to do is be positive, patient, healthy and happy.

Tickets for the extra gigs i mentioned all sold out. Getting jealous of people who are going with their friends. I kept telling myself last week just to buy a ticket but that meant going on my own and I am sick of doing everything on my own. Now a movie I want to see is coming out here in two months, already worrying about missing out, no social life, no one to go with.

The reason I can't join any fan forums is because years ago I met someone via one and we didn't get along. To make matters worse, she was quite popular and after our meeting, I am pretty sure she broadcast all over the forum that I was a loser, because it was harder for me to fit in the forum after the incident. Even when she went overseas, hardly was online after that and I changed my username. I just don't fit in those places.

And as for Meetups, I had drama with that too. I was meant to go to one, but all week I worried about what will happen if I went...will people hate me, i won't fit in etc etc. I even got headaches and vomiting because of the worrying. I'd already RSVP'd so I'd feel bad if I pulled out. Just hours before I was meant to make my way to the event, I just started crying and crying, I was that scared....I had to call up the group leader and tell them 'sorry I can't go'. I missed out. I still get upset over it nowdays and wish I had gone. I mean, what if that happens again if I want to go to another one?

Hi youcouldnevertell,

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 37, all my friends are married with children and there just isn't anyone to go along with me to things anymore. I do have my boyfriend, but he is more of a homebody, so when I want to go out, I do so alone.

I did the meet up group thing, and still get group emails from some of the ones I've attended. I've found going to the group that are only for people 30-40 years of age, I have had more fun at. Sometimes the are boring and I wish I never went.

Anyway, I guess what I am saying is, its normal to feel uncomfortable and yes, maybe you will feel like not going to a group, but it could be worth it in the end. Try again, look for activites that you like, with people of your age range. Don't go to the 18+ ones... thats where you'll find all the kids.

As for the ticket you have...if it's not to late...go and have a good time! I do stuff alone ALL THE TIME, and it took a looooong time to be ok with it, but now i like it. i hope you go and have fun.

take care.

youcouldnevertell said:
Tickets for the extra gigs i mentioned all sold out. Getting jealous of people who are going with their friends. I kept telling myself last week just to buy a ticket but that meant going on my own and I am sick of doing everything on my own. Now a movie I want to see is coming out here in two months, already worrying about missing out, no social life, no one to go with.

The reason I can't join any fan forums is because years ago I met someone via one and we didn't get along. To make matters worse, she was quite popular and after our meeting, I am pretty sure she broadcast all over the forum that I was a loser, because it was harder for me to fit in the forum after the incident. Even when she went overseas, hardly was online after that and I changed my username. I just don't fit in those places.

And as for Meetups, I had drama with that too. I was meant to go to one, but all week I worried about what will happen if I went...will people hate me, i won't fit in etc etc. I even got headaches and vomiting because of the worrying. I'd already RSVP'd so I'd feel bad if I pulled out. Just hours before I was meant to make my way to the event, I just started crying and crying, I was that scared....I had to call up the group leader and tell them 'sorry I can't go'. I missed out. I still get upset over it nowdays and wish I had gone. I mean, what if that happens again if I want to go to another one?

Danielle said:
Hi youcouldnevertell,

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 37, all my friends are married with children and there just isn't anyone to go along with me to things anymore. I do have my boyfriend, but he is more of a homebody, so when I want to go out, I do so alone.

I did the meet up group thing, and still get group emails from some of the ones I've attended. I've found going to the group that are only for people 30-40 years of age, I have had more fun at. Sometimes the are boring and I wish I never went.

Anyway, I guess what I am saying is, its normal to feel uncomfortable and yes, maybe you will feel like not going to a group, but it could be worth it in the end. Try again, look for activites that you like, with people of your age range. Don't go to the 18+ ones... thats where you'll find all the kids.

As for the ticket you have...if it's not to late...go and have a good time! I do stuff alone ALL THE TIME, and it took a looooong time to be ok with it, but now i like it. i hope you go and have fun.

take care.

I didn't get a ticket at all, I have been meaning to since after Christmas, and now all the shows are sold out. So I can't go at all.

Unfortunately there are no meetup groups for my interests at all. That one I was meant to go to, and ended up bawling my eyes out, probably don't even want me to go to their meetings now. After that happened, one of the members of the group somehow found me on two of my social media accounts, and tried to 'help' me, but I got in a huff and was rude to him. He probably told the other members what a ***** I was, so I doubt they'd want me back.

You never know unless you try! I would think they would be welcoming if you tried to reconnect. I know it's not a comfortable situation...so do it when you feel ready.

I know it sucks not having someone to go do things with....I've been toying with the idea of responding to a few ads on Craigslist... such as a walking group looking for others to walk the beach and maybe even post my own making it clear I'm looking for an activity partner/friends only.

Maybe you could try it too...i bet it would be a blast to see what kind of people we could meet! :)

Danielle said:
You never know unless you try! I would think they would be welcoming if you tried to reconnect. I know it's not a comfortable situation...so do it when you feel ready.

I know it sucks not having someone to go do things with....I've been toying with the idea of responding to a few ads on Craigslist... such as a walking group looking for others to walk the beach and maybe even post my own making it clear I'm looking for an activity partner/friends only.

Maybe you could try it too...i bet it would be a blast to see what kind of people we could meet! :)

I tried posting on Craigslist ages ago, I barely got any responses. and no one on there interests me. All they like are sex and drugs.

If I tried to reconnect to them, they're only going to tell me to get lost because of the drama.

I'm not quite sure what I feel at this moment. I used to be depressed that I can't connect with people however, that feeling is fading away now. I often got angry if people don't do their job properly, thats gone too. It's not that I no longer care. I may be relieved that I don't have those feelings that used to bring me down.
Maybe time is needed for my feelings to crystallise.

I've probably made one friend my whole life, and people think they're lonely because of singlehood? Those people probably won't know what it's like to feel shunned or not part of a group like I have. If being single is the worst of it, then you're luckier than you realize. Yes, I know every form of loneliness is valid. Yes, I know it's best not to compare yourself to someone else. Guess what? Some forms of loneliness are harder to deal with than others. I just don't see how that's not the case.

Every individual's experience is unique. There is no comparison. All we know, is what we know from our experiences. If you've never experienced another form, how do you really know how bad it is?

I literally have no life . No friends . Just a girlfriend . I don't feel connected to her , if I let her go then I'll have nobody in my life . This sucks . I'm going to move to the city on my own , restart a lot of my life . I workout and come home every day . And sit for hours in the same place .

2ndchance said:
I literally have no life . No friends . Just a girlfriend . I don't feel connected to her , if I let her go then I'll have nobody in my life . This sucks . I'm going to move to the city on my own , restart a lot of my life . I workout and come home every day . And sit for hours in the same place .

Why don't you feel connected to her? Anyway, while there are certainly hardships in having no one around at all, having someone around you can't really identify with has its own problems too. If you've already tried working on your issues with her and realized there's nothing to be done, you're better off being on your own for a bit.

2ndchance said:

If she's a good person then be brave and try opening up, she can help you. Sounds like you need a break in your daily cycle.

Eteled said:
I really hate it when I have almost nobody to talk to :(

Hai Eteled, I'm Almost Nobody, nice to meet you. :) Don't hate, cheer up!

reynard_muldrake said:

2ndchance said:

Why don't you feel connected to her? Anyway, while there are certainly hardships in having no one around at all, having someone around you can't really identify with has its own problems too. If you've already tried working on your issues with her and realized there's nothing to be done, you're better off being on your own for a bit.

I just don't feel a connection , I never have I guess . I gave her a shot but I'm not feeling it . No big deal , I can always get a girlfriend , but the only thing is she's someone In my life , and I wouldn't have anybody . At this point of my life it's friends I need , not a relationship . I messed up in highschool and middle school , and I live in a small city with nothing to do , nobody with the same interests as me . Close minded people . I come on this site sometimes because it makes me feel not so alone . My sport and art / music are the only things keeping me sane

My loneliness is killing me *killing me*. I must confess I still believe *still believe*~

I have this song stuck in my head after reading the title of this thread... Damnit !

Latest posts

Back