Post Secret

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Qui said:
I live off of aspartame.
:(

Then you have formaldehyde (aka embalming fluid) coursing through your veins right now Qui. I am not kidding.

This is word for word from a book I have that talks about what is known about substances.

X Aspartame - 11; may cause brain damage in phenylketonurics; may cause central nervous system disturbances, menstral difficulties; may affect brain development in unborn fetus. It is rated X which means the additive is unsafe or very poorly tested.

X is the worst rating a substance can be given.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...=result&cd=1&q=aspartame+formaldehyde&spell=1

Most sweeteners are bad news. Only ones I know of that are safe are just sugar cane products themselves or stevia. Or sweeteners like honey or from fruit and the like. Everything else generally is rather unsafe. Don't take my word for it. Look for yourself.

:D
Good thing that I don't actually care then.

I'm turning into a mummy in my insides.
When I die, they won't have to bother embalming me. It'll be done already.
I think that's just neat. :D

Anyway, why does it matter to you? I may never meet you. We've never met before. What difference does it make to your everyday life the chemicals I choose to consume?
None.
This is the internet, our physical selves hold no sway here.

Qui said:
I'm turning into a mummy in my insides.
When I die, they won't have to bother embalming me. It'll be done already.
I think that's just neat. :D

That is the last thing you should be concerned with. Some people think the golf war syndrome was caused by diet pop that was shipped to the Middle East and would sit in the sun before consumed. It breaks down when acted on by heat into formaldehyde. Something that happens in the body, but some tests would show a greater amount of it is created with higher sustained tempetures.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...t&cd=1&q="Gulf+War+Syndrome"+Diet+pop&spell=1

Side effects of it's consumption could include: Memory Loss, Muscle pain, Respiratory and heart problems, Headaches, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Equilibrium problems, Joint aches, Insomnia, Confusion, Vision loss, Depression, Birth Defects

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="Gulf+War+Syndrome"+aspartame&btnG=Search

Qui said:
Anyway, why does it matter to you? I may never meet you. We've never met before. What difference does it make to your everyday life the chemicals I choose to consume?
None.
This is the internet, our physical selves hold no sway here.

I guess you just don't understand.

NeverMore said:
But anyways, frank Warren came here Thursday and gave a lecture it was really good I got a seat in the second row because I got there 30 mins early. He talked about how post secret started how he bought an art space and handed out cards to people to write their secrets on, and how the gallery was a big success and when the gallery stopped being displayed he kept getting cards in the mail and then eventually people started writing them on post cards, and other things, really interesting how it kept going even when he stopped:p. Then, he talked about his books and then he showed us a lot of secrets that weren't allowed in the book due to copyright laws or they were simply too derogatory and some of those were very good ones, one secret was from a women who had put her baby up for adoption, and 20 years later she found out where he lived and took her kids trick or treating to that house on Halloween and he answered the door, then it said she wanted to hug him but instead she walked away and cried...

After that he opened up to a period of questions and also anyone was allowed to share a secret with everyone, 5 people or so did. One guy came up there and spoke with such a strange way he said: I hate you you ******* *****, your shallow, and I hate the way you make me feel...But for some reason I'll always care about you, you ******* ignorant whore". But it came off as serious not funny at all, a girl came up that I know, shes blind and her secret was that she hated the fact that no one knew her name and to everyone she was just the blind chick, that one was emotional, I shed a tear because I've talked to her before on the bus and shes the nicest person and I did remember her name, I hope I can talk to her tomorrow on the bus..

Then he shared his secret with us, and it was that when he was little some bullies took turns holding him to the ground, holding open his eyelids and spitting in his eyes. He said it was the most degrading thing to ever happen to him, sharing secrets like that he said,helped to make it so that the secrets didn't define him he was freed from them, and he ended by saying: "Tell your secrets to the world and become who you are", or something very similar

I didn't get to meet him....I went to go to the atm machine across the campus to get money to buy a book for him to sign but it was a stupid idea because by the time I got back the books were sold out, and then I couldn't get in the line to meet him, because I wouldn't have known what to say so I just left...

It was a good experience I'm glad I got to go see that, I totally might make a post card if only I had artistic ability..

That Sounds like it was really great Nevermore. I wish I could have been there or he'd come to my uni. It's amazing how this man has changed the lives of so many people ^_^

I love that site. It shows that no one is alone in what they're going through.
You'd be surprised on how much you have in common with those who send in the secrets.

As a seasoned veteran of the internet, I can honestly say there are few things contained therein which can hold my attention for 2 seconds, let alone the 2 hours I just spent on there!

Overwhelmingly inspirational, comical, insightful and beautiful.

Latest posts

Back