Post Secret

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a fear of conflict, though I hide it well, and can overcome it with some effort.

The mind of a woman is more amazing and confusing to me than anything else in the world.

Lost in the Oilfield said:
I have a fear of conflict, though I hide it well, and can overcome it with some effort.

The mind of a woman is more amazing and confusing to me than anything else in the world.
Maybe I am just too clueless, but I don't really think women and men are all that different. Other then a few learned things. Just people meet someone who thinks differently then they do and attributes that to the whole gender. There are men who think like women and women who think like men.

Just try walking up to some random guy and getting to know them well. The better you know them the less you will understand them. Unless you have simular personalities. I have met people online who speak the same language and yet, I could bairly understand a word they said. We thought and communicated so differently that they were alien to me.

If you want to understand someone just try to walk in their shoes and think like they do.

Anyways, often I hate conflict as well.

NeverMore said:
The guy who does post secret Frank Warren, is coming to my college, on thursday to talk, how cool is that:)? I will go and tell you all about it and I'll even try to meet him do you want me to say anything to him or anything, I don't really know what I'd say if I walked up to him...

Awww, that is so cool Nevermore! I envy you. haha.
I hope it is/was good. I hear his talks are amazing and very insightful ^_^

Stone-Rose,

Thank you for posting this... whether in forums or secrets sent on postcards, letting go of our fears, our pain, or our sadness...makes a difference.

Thank you!

Michelangelo

stone-rose said:
NeverMore said:
The guy who does post secret Frank Warren, is coming to my college, on thursday to talk, how cool is that:)? I will go and tell you all about it and I'll even try to meet him do you want me to say anything to him or anything, I don't really know what I'd say if I walked up to him...

I'll find out thursday, I'll make sure to tell you all about it:)

I can add some secrets here

I experience actual fear whenever I'm around people I don't know, so.... I'm afraid of people in a sense and aliens, them too, think I already said that though:D

I don't really know how to cycle n swim lol but yeah..if everyone knows that...i guess it does not count as a secret.

NeverMore said:
stone-rose said:
NeverMore said:

I'll find out thursday, I'll make sure to tell you all about it:)

I can add some secrets here

I experience actual fear whenever I'm around people I don't know, so.... I'm afraid of people in a sense and aliens, them too, think I already said that though:D

Not sure I understand what your saying Nevermore. Are you saying you are afraid around people? Afraid of people?

Skorian said:
Not sure I understand what your saying Nevermore. Are you saying you are afraid around people? Afraid of people?

Kind of both, I feel an actual fear around people that I don't know so I avoid them as much as possible whether it be to change the way I'm walking, or sitting away from people on like the bus or the cafeteria, I just avoid people I don't know, they scare me in a way, you never know if one of them is going to jump out at you or something. I only really feel comfortable around people that I know even if I just know their name or something about them, it makes them, idk less scary? It's weird I know, I just gotta try to deal with it some time..

NeverMore said:
Skorian said:

Kind of both, I feel an actual fear around people that I don't know so I avoid them as much as possible whether it be to change the way I'm walking, or sitting away from people on like the bus or the cafeteria, I just avoid people I don't know, they scare me in a way, you never know if one of them is going to jump out at you or something. I only really feel comfortable around people that I know even if I just know their name or something about them, it makes them, idk less scary? It's weird I know, I just gotta try to deal with it some time..

I totally understand man. Totally. When I was stuck in a crowd I used to feel like I was going to lose my mind. Like I didn't know where to stick my hands. Where to look. I felt like miserable.

There is this one event thing I will never forget. Back when I was a kid and there was a bomb threat. The whole highschool crowded into another nearby schools gym and I thought I was going to lose my mind.

I love being lost in big crowds, unless I have somewhere I need to be. I like being at music festivals when it's just a big mass of people floating between different stages, restaurants, whatever. I feel like I'm a little part of the city, like I've go my place and I'm no less of a part in anything than anyone else.
I suppose that does set me appart from some of you, but that's just me I guess. I rather enjoy being alone in a crowd.

michelangelo said:
Stone-Rose,

Thank you for posting this... whether in forums or secrets sent on postcards, letting go of our fears, our pain, or our sadness...makes a difference.

Thank you!

Michelangelo

Welcome to the forum Michelangelo

Skorian said:
I totally understand man. Totally. When I was stuck in a crowd I used to feel like I was going to lose my mind. Like I didn't know where to stick my hands. Where to look. I felt like miserable.

There is this one event thing I will never forget. Back when I was a kid and there was a bomb threat. The whole highschool crowded into another nearby schools gym and I thought I was going to lose my mind.

Yep I usually stick my hands in my hoodie pockets when walking around people because I don't know what else to do with them:p

uh, Yea one time in high school we had this biological weapon drill where we all were crowd into the tiny auditorium and they turned off the ventilation(to stop the biological weapons of course:p) I almost couldn't take it, I had trouble breathing, it was awful..

You said "used to", how did you get over something like this?

Qui said:
I love being lost in big crowds, unless I have somewhere I need to be. I like being at music festivals when it's just a big mass of people floating between different stages, restaurants, whatever. I feel like I'm a little part of the city, like I've go my place and I'm no less of a part in anything than anyone else.
I suppose that does set me appart from some of you, but that's just me I guess. I rather enjoy being alone in a crowd.

Good description, I can see what you mean next time I'm in a crowd I'll remember to try to think like that:)

NeverMore said:
Skorian said:

Yep I usually stick my hands in my hoodie pockets when walking around people because I don't know what else to do with them:p

uh, Yea one time in high school we had this biological weapon drill where we all were crowd into the tiny auditorium and they turned off the ventilation(to stop the biological weapons of course:p) I almost couldn't take it, I had trouble breathing, it was awful..

It's not something you can think your way out of. Anxiety, panic attacks, and worring suck.

Skorian said:
NeverMore said:
Skorian said:

It's not something you can think your way out of. Anxiety, panic attacks, and worring suck.

They do suck,so am I to assume you didn't get over it yourself, you sought help? Maybe I should?

But anyways, frank Warren came here Thursday and gave a lecture it was really good I got a seat in the second row because I got there 30 mins early. He talked about how post secret started how he bought an art space and handed out cards to people to write their secrets on, and how the gallery was a big success and when the gallery stopped being displayed he kept getting cards in the mail and then eventually people started writing them on post cards, and other things, really interesting how it kept going even when he stopped:p. Then, he talked about his books and then he showed us a lot of secrets that weren't allowed in the book due to copyright laws or they were simply too derogatory and some of those were very good ones, one secret was from a women who had put her baby up for adoption, and 20 years later she found out where he lived and took her kids trick or treating to that house on Halloween and he answered the door, then it said she wanted to hug him but instead she walked away and cried...

After that he opened up to a period of questions and also anyone was allowed to share a secret with everyone, 5 people or so did. One guy came up there and spoke with such a strange way he said: I hate you you ******* *****, your shallow, and I hate the way you make me feel...But for some reason I'll always care about you, you ******* ignorant whore". But it came off as serious not funny at all, a girl came up that I know, shes blind and her secret was that she hated the fact that no one knew her name and to everyone she was just the blind chick, that one was emotional, I shed a tear because I've talked to her before on the bus and shes the nicest person and I did remember her name, I hope I can talk to her tomorrow on the bus..

Then he shared his secret with us, and it was that when he was little some bullies took turns holding him to the ground, holding open his eyelids and spitting in his eyes. He said it was the most degrading thing to ever happen to him, sharing secrets like that he said,helped to make it so that the secrets didn't define him he was freed from them, and he ended by saying: "Tell your secrets to the world and become who you are", or something very similar

I didn't get to meet him....I went to go to the atm machine across the campus to get money to buy a book for him to sign but it was a stupid idea because by the time I got back the books were sold out, and then I couldn't get in the line to meet him, because I wouldn't have known what to say so I just left...

It was a good experience I'm glad I got to go see that, I totally might make a post card if only I had artistic ability..

No. Supposed "help" has never been helpful to me. Only thing that has ever made me not have problems around people are some of the suppliments I have taken. They just make it so my mind can't go to the places that make everything so painful. It's hard to explain.

That's cool Nevermore.

It's just so wrong that people would spit in his eyes. That is terrible :(

What kind of supplements are you talking about?

Yea that is awful that they spit in his eyes, I can't imagine what his other secrets could be, he said he put one of his secrets in every book, I think he said. I was thinking of sending a secret about how I'm afraid of aliens and I would decorate it with pics of ufos and stuff, idk though I'm not very creative

Why do aliens always want to anally probe us? I mean... no offense, but I can't imagine my bum being all that interesting.

How was your day, NM?

My bum isn't that interesting. Hear that aliens? Not interesting. No reason to ever bother, right?
That would be awful to have someone spit in your eye like that.
6th grade was my first year in a public school and everyone picked on me a lot. One day a few people I hung around with got the idea to can me. So two of them picked me up and tried to stuff me in a trash can. It was so strange to me, being bullied, because in private school my friend and I sort of bullied the younger kids, mostly to get them to leave us alone, but still. Anyway, I kicked over the trash can before they could stuff me in it, I picked myself up off the ground and as far as I recall, I didn't even walk away, I just sat down with them all at a picnic table. That memory has always been prominent in my mind. That year, even my teacher picked on me. It was an unpleasant but quite necessary reality check for me, that you can't trust people. I have not since that day ever completely trusted anyone, not my family nor my closest friends, to not turn on my when I need them.
I guess that's my post secret for the day, but whatever. It doesn't really matter at all. I was just a kid, so it's not like it's all that much of a big deal. It's my fault for not getting over it.

NeverMore said:
What kind of supplements are you talking about?

Yea that is awful that they spit in his eyes, I can't imagine what his other secrets could be, he said he put one of his secrets in every book, I think he said. I was thinking of sending a secret about how I'm afraid of aliens and I would decorate it with pics of ufos and stuff, idk though I'm not very creative

There are alot of things that could potentially help.

Essential fatty acids, Most of the B vitamins, SAMe, valerian root, kava kava(make sure you read the warning just so your aware), just to name a few. It really depends. Most suppliments, those of us who are interested in them, have like crazy safety standards so bear that in mind. Where people tend to over play most suppliments risks. Mostly there is under playing of most pharmcutial drugs effects and dangers. I encourage you to do your own research.

Watch your consumption of certain stimulants like sugar and caffeine. As well as depressants like alcohol. Sugar is also kind of a depressant as well.

Also you might want to make sure your getting enough complete proteins.

Also for those who point out oh, these aren't policed by the FDA. Well, spend some time researching the FDA. It's like 90 people who sit in an office on the east coast of the US. I forget where exactly. Alot of things they do have major politics involved. They often don't get the final say on a great many things. They are pushed around alot and in some cases there is corruption. They are underfunded and under powered. The fact that things like aspartame are still on the market is a pretty good example as an indicator of how half useless the FDA really is. Not that I don't find some of their stuff interesting to contemplate from time to time. The AMA who basically hate suppliments is constantly putting presure on the powers that be to do away with suppliments and they will jump on even the smallest thing that lets them go after things. This fact alone along with the type of people who generally are interested in them generally results in pretty safe stuff. Though there are things I would stay away from. Many body builders are not really interested in health and will destroy their bodies to put on mass. I would avoid any source that seems to have this sort of theme. If someone is promoting health generally they will stear clear of dangerous things the second they get some reason to do so. Oh, and there are alot of snake oil salesmen too who push garbage. Like most diet pills. Make sure that they have good explanations as to how things work before trying something. Generally after you start figuring a few things out you can weed out the money grubing bastards who are just trying to sell magic beans. The biggest thing is having a good idea of the acceptable dosage ranges and don't think it's some game to play around outside those ranges.

Oh. Also. The RDA on the back of things. This is the minimum amount needed in a day to reduce your risk of some known disease. Some people jokingly call it the Recommended Death Allowance becasue it's so insanely low. Actually I think there is a more common saying that I can't think of right this moment. Like if you fail to get the RDA of vitamin C for long enough you can get scurvy. Bah, what the hell. Multivitamins that give 100% of everything. They are a complete utter and total joke.

Sorry if I am babbling. Lol, this is bringing back memories.

Latest posts

Back