Post your voice!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do so many British musicians sound American when they sing?! I don’t detect a hint of accent in your voice - by the way, randomguy, you have a fine singing voice. I’d far rather listen to this than the likes of the screechy lead singer of AC/DC any day.

P.S. You should just record your speaking voice and let us hear that - I have a thing for British accents, haha. 😁
Thanks Ringwood, this is one of the very first songs we wrote. We were all still learning to play and had no idea what we were doing.
I haven't listened to it in the best part of 30 years, listening now everything about it is wrong. There's loads of enthusiasm but precious little else.

I thought I sounded very British, proper home counties accent, I've always been heavily influenced by the playing of Tommy Bolin, imo the most absurdly gifted guitarist ever. It's so obvious I'm trying to imitate his style in a very simplified form and thinking about it my vocal is an attempt at his voice too, so maybe that's where the ' American ' feel comes from. Funnily enough at the time the only other song we had was titled ' Big in America ' so some subliminal there perhaps.

We imploded pretty badly after a year or so and there was a lot of animosity. I stayed in touch with the lead singer, she sadly passed away from breast cancer last year, I think it's about time I reached out to the other guys, if I can find them, and buried some hatchets ..... hopefully not in my back. ;)

Here's a wee bit of Tommy to cheer everyone up

.....thinking about it my vocal is an attempt at his voice too....

Not being diplomatic. On first hearing Bolin do his own vocals my question was why the hell had he been carrying a vocalist around for so long when he could do vocals like that.

Not being diplomatic. On first hearing Bolin do his own vocals my question was why the hell had he been carrying a vocalist around for so long when he could do vocals like that.
I think because he was always hired as a lead guitarist and the bands that hired him had established singers. The Deep Purple line up he was in had David Coverdale and Glenn Hughes both incredible singers ( and ego's ) but they did let him sing at least one song during a show.

With his solo work he usually took on vocal duties too. He was a multi instrumentalist so possibly played more than guitar and vocals on his own stuff'

I was kidding about the diplomacy I appreciate your honesty and the compliment, thank you.

Here's a bit of mine. Don't teally know what to say do I made it short and sweet 🤪
Also...not singing. Im not in the shower 😉

Attachments

• Vocaroo 18 Aug 2022 10_06_24 EDT 11mheOzSEkmg.mp3
    184.5 KB
The bloody search thingie on this forum sucks big time ... anyhoo here's the reason I only play guitar

I think it sounds good. It reminds me of a sound track from a probably movie that Freddie Prince Jr would star in. Something like Summer Catch. I imagine him washing his car drinking beers with his buddy before they go pick up a couple girls with your song blasting in the background.

I think because he was always hired as a lead guitarist and the bands that hired him had established singers

I was referring to the time period after Zephyr but before the James Gang, when he had his own band Energy. I guess I saw them play enough times that I tend to forget that Energy never released an album while they were together and possibly might not be to well known. Some material from that period was later released.

I saw them play enough times that I tend to forget that Energy never released an album while they were together and possibly might not be to well known. Some material from that period was later released.
Holy honeysuckle you saw Bolin play live! that's the coolest thing ever, poor kid was long gone by the time I discovered him.

^
For me it works now.
Nice to hear you! )

P.S. I like how French sounds. Je parle France tres tres mal (in fact i only know a few phrases)

Lool this is making me stutter in my mind… hmm I might work my way up to this ! A little goal… I wonder if I’ll sound different than expected lol

Even though London is just one city, many other cities exist here in England with many accents. Youtube and TikTok are to blame 😂

Maybe you guys can be honest. Ever since I got these **** dentures, I feel like I can hear myself talking like I got a mouthpiece in. Sounds like I'm drunk or something. Does it sound like that?
Or worse...I've always sounded like that lol. Makes it scarier.

Maybe you guys can be honest. Ever since I got these **** dentures, I feel like I can hear myself talking like I got a mouthpiece in. Sounds like I'm drunk or something. Does it sound like that?
Or worse...I've always sounded like that lol. Makes it scarier.
Nope, not at all - you sound fine. How new are the dentures? I know when I first got my bridgework in along my top front teeth, I talked with a bit of a lisp. Took a while for my tongue to adjust to having teeth in that area after having them missing for so long.

It was really only me who noticed the speech though, even my hubby couldn’t.

Nope, not at all - you sound fine. How new are the dentures? I know when I first got my bridgework in along my top front teeth, I talked with a bit of a lisp. Took a while for my tongue to adjust to having teeth in that area after having them missing for so long.

It was really only me who noticed the speech though, even my hubby couldn’t.
Maybe a month and a half to two. Honestly disappointed though, but alas, I was at that point. It'll take me a while to pay this 10k debt, but I plan on getting implants done...which cost about 25k lol. So itll likely be a few years. I still hear the lisp. Every one says I'm nuts lol

Dammit, how about this?

Cool, you kind of sound like someone who is about to show as a cool 'reaction' of what happens when you mix aluminum oxide and iron trioxide on youtube. I had this idea about posting one and the same joke in 50+ languages on youtube using google translate obviously. It will be a massive failure but no one had tried it...

Latest posts

Back