Present and furture

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The One

Reaction score
Hello all!

MY first topic outside introducing myself! I come up with many theories, philosophically related as well, but I would like to share a really crucial one:

The past, present, and future

You see, the thing about the future is that we can't actually know what it will be like, we can plan all we like, but generally it'll turn out differently.

Now the present, this is what you know to be completely true, you're living it, a lot of the time, thoughts about the future can get us depressed and anxious as hell, and this I mean on all scales, even a belief that you'll go to hell after death, that's a thought about the future, and at a younger stage in my life I personally went through a phase of this fear, and it was horribly petrifying, but I came to the conclusion that the only thing that is happening is that I'm looking at a tree outside my window, and that's when I realized that is really the only truth.

I say forget the future! The future is neither a lie or a fact, the only fact is now, and that is where you should be concentrating on.

I personally like to live in the past and present, as for the past, well, know about your good times, and think what you've learned from the bad ones, eh?

Think about a wolf, it focuses on its prey, bringing up its young perhaps, finding a safe place, hunting. It's very simple compared to the human mind, I'm not saying screw the future entirely, its an advantage that we can judge the future, and use it to guide us, but just acknowledge what I've said.

I hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back