Problems at school

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I am in highschool and i'm kinda having problems with my classmates. The girls just ignore me, only if they want for me to help them with a project or something. And the guys...make fun of me. They are calling me names, make fun about everything I do, about how I look..they hate me.
Don't have a single ******* ally or something, someone who could be my side, absolutely all of them make fun of me. I know I need to fight back, but it's so hard, me against 10 guys. When I try, they laugh even harder.

Ok, just wanted to explain the situation in my class. The problem is I don't have a girlfriend and there are plenty of girls in my school. But with the stupid guys making fun of me I just don't have the confidence needed to talk to them, I kinda have low self-esteem too. I feel down when i'm in school so I just can't meet any girls.

Any advice? :)

justalonleyboy said:
Hello, I am in highschool and i'm kinda having problems with my classmates. The girls just ignore me, only if they want for me to help them with a project or something. And the guys...make fun of me. They are calling me names, make fun about everything I do, about how I look..they hate me.
Don't have a single ******* ally or something, someone who could be my side, absolutely all of them make fun of me. I know I need to fight back, but it's so hard, me against 10 guys. When I try, they laugh even harder.

Ok, just wanted to explain the situation in my class. The problem is I don't have a girlfriend and there are plenty of girls in my school. But with the stupid guys making fun of me I just don't have the confidence needed to talk to them, I kinda have low self-esteem too. I feel down when i'm in school so I just can't meet any girls.

Any advice? :)

please dont take it the wrong way but...ive been through that thing and you wont know just how much damage it can do until later in your life..

my advice - leave - you must not stay in a place where you feel hated and scared and alone. change school, drop out, but dont go near that place. you will be better off scraping your grades afterwords than developing a mental problem like i have.

I would say its different for everyone. Its no good running away from your problems. They well still be there the next day.

If you feel that you have had enough of that school then you need to move. If all this is making you this unhappy then you do need to do something about it. If you do nothing then normally nothing well change.

Is there an adult in your life like your mum and dad or even a teacher that you could go and talk to about this?
I would say its important that you get some help here. But you well only be given this help if the ppl with the power to change it know about it.

I was bullied at school and I never told anyone. The reason why I never said anything was because I was ashamed. I would just barry my head in the sand and pretend there wasn't a problem when I got home. In tell the next day when it would all start again.

kelthuzad is right about one thing, It dose wrack your confidence.

Let me tell you there is nothing to be ashamed of here. I would not even try taking 10 guys on. what be the point. Your boned to lose. Even if its two guys. Or even if its just one but he's bigger then you. You need some help here mate and you need to be able to find the confidence with in your self to be able to ask for that help and to know you have done nothing to be ashamed of.

Bullies don't like other ppl knowing. You may find there not has big as they seem if you start talking to the right ppl.

Don't run away from this cos you well never forgive yourself. Don't allow your self to be a victim and go and start talking to an adult that you trust.

Will not drop out of school. And I still have 1 year and a half of school left I will not move. I have parents, but like you said i'm ashamed to tell someone about this...I know I will regret it but I just can't...

justalonleyboy said:
Will not drop out of school. And I still have 1 year and a half of school left I will not move. I have parents, but like you said i'm ashamed to tell someone about this...I know I will regret it but I just can't...

I can't say much cos I felt exactly the same when I was there, and am guessing the other 3 that have posted in here did has well.

Ask your self what you would do if your son come to you with this problem. Imagine your self to be a parent and your 17 year old coming to you for help. what would you think? I would not think badly of my son and I personally would be really proud that he felt like he was able to come to me. OK I would feel bad also that he was getting build and probably I would feel angry towards the bullies as well. But I would not look down on my son for it and I would still feel good that he was able to confide in me.

And if it was me that had read all this that I post at your age I would be seating there saying I agree but I still can not. So I do understand where your coming from.

If only I could put my brain in your body. Even just for the day or week. would love to swoop placers for a week. Give you a break from life. Cos that's what my life is lol and I would have some fun with this bullies that I could tell you. I would spend that week telling the hole frigging world what ass holes they are.

Maybe there is someone else like a teacher or someone you could tell? A friend or uncle or ant? An older cousin?

Bullying is really painful.For me,I am quite thin and people love to pick me up for fights.One of the tactics I tried was to befriend them which works for me.

The other best way is to ignore them and talk to a friend about it.

justalonleyboy said:

Hey there,
I don't know if what I am going to say will help, but just thought I’d try anyway and this can be ignored if it sounds really dumb.

First off, I think it is good that you don't want to drop out of school. Even if it would stop the bullying, the fact is that the problem wasn't really solved. Well, there might not even be a problem, just really childish classmates...

You mentioned that you wanted a girlfriend?
justalonleyboy said:
The problem is I don't have a girlfriend and there are plenty of girls in my school.
Is there a particular girl you have in mind or you just want to have someone that understands you, who cares for you and that you can care for?

justalonleyboy said:
...someone who could be my side, absolutely all of them make fun of me. I know I need to fight back, but it's so hard, me against 10 guys. When I try, they laugh even harder.

I think, just that you can say that you know you need to fight back shows that you are strong.

I don't know why you feel ashamed, is it because you don't want to show to your parents that you aren't doing so well in school? socially I mean. Do you belong to any after school clubs/activities?
If you don't, have you considered joining one?

I have two younger brothers, and one of them went through primary, secondary, high school and collage without having friends., he was bullied by boys and girls (fewer girls of course... I believe they are just losers who wanted to look tough). He is now at the university studying to become a civil engineer, and he has a few acquaintances now. I guess what made him pull through was his family. But still he lost allot because he was bullied so badly in primary and secondary school. He doesn't trust anyone. But he is such a nice guy. My youngest brother has never had problems getting friends; he was actually popular through all the schools he's been in. And the reason for the big difference I think, is luck and coincident. Just because the people you're in school with now are like this, the next school might be quite different. At least that is how it was for me, primary and secondary was awful, but high school and uni was much better.
Just don't let them get to you too much. They are just idiots who won't amount to much in life anyway.

Well there is one more thing I would like to say;
Advice: if you start focusing on the girls more, like being friends with them, the boys will eventually stop bullying you. Maybe not the most popular girls, but you can probably find some honest, earnest and sensitive girl. There is bound to be one. And try to be friends. I find that sometimes the opposite gender make better friends that the same one.

otaku tom said:
Thats why I quit.

Oh yeah, quitting. Let them win. Let them defeat you to that point....

Honestly, I wouldn't suggesting quitting to anyone. You should want to graduate for you. And because of no one else, should you ever feel the need to quit like that. I was going to drop out with two months left, but for different reasons. But I didn't. I look back now and I'm glad I pulled through. I graduated for my mom, because I know she was happy. And I did it for myself.

Pull through for yourself. Care about yourself enough not to give up on yourself. Don't let people picking on you break you. I know it will be easier said than done, but just ignore everyone. Ignore them for your sake. Ignore them because you're stronger than that. And because you're of a better heart and mind than to sink so low like they have.

Hey Akira, thank you for your advice.

Well, there is somebody(a girl) in my school that i'm friend with. She is really really nice, we talk online everyday and sometimes we go out. She has her own friends and she thinks I have my own friends too, but it's not like that, so we don't go out so often. At school we rarely talk, I keep avoiding her because I don't want to let her see how i'm made fun of. I guess if the guys see me talk to her they will start again with the jokes and bad words about me.

I feel stupid and down, I'm ashamed to tell her about all this. Don't want her to see what i'm going threw. I'm afraid she will then see me as a looser. And I kinda started to like her, don't know if I should tell her or not.

My school doesn't have clubs or anything to join. I hate it. Oh and sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

justalonleyboy said:
I feel stupid and down, I'm ashamed to tell her about all this. Don't want her to see what i'm going threw. I'm afraid she will then see me as a looser. And I kinda started to like her, don't know if I should tell her or not.

My school doesn't have clubs or anything to join. I hate it. Oh and sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

Hey there,
i can see that it's hard for you to let her see you in school if your afraid of loosing her. Sometimes popularity gets out of hand and destroys nice friendships. I hope that she is a good friend and that you get some relief from the bullies at school when you see her outside school. Maybe you could ask her out more often? And you could try to get to know other girls as well? if you're sitting beside someone in class or when you have a break or when eating lunch just comment on something or if they look down, ask them if they're alright, or just simply say hi and continue whatever you're doing. You don't have to start a conversation. Just simple things in the beginning is enough, then you see if they're interested in talking with you. That way you don't have to feel like you're putting yourself out there too much.

i hope you're ok and that the bullying is less.
if you need any advice or something just pm me if you want.

Latest posts

Back