(Project) Christmas Card SWAP

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissyEchelon

Reaction score
Ok, so, this is a bit ambitious of me but after just reading another post by member Lost Drifter, i've decided to give it a try and see what people think.

If there's general interest, i'll assume we're going ahead with it but personally i think it'd be a little bit of fun.

My idea came from the fact that i'd like to think i'm quite a creative and crafty person.. i love making cards and things, and usually always make my Christmas cards from scratch every year..

Lost Drifter was asking for members to message him if they would like him to send them a card this holiday season..
My idea is slightly different.
I'm looking for people who would like to do a swap of either a bought or handmade card with another member.

Basically if you'd like to take part, just post a message on here. If we get a number of posts (let's say, over 10) we'll go ahead and set a cutoff date.
At the cutoff date for people to post a message, i'll randomly pair up members and post the pair list on this thread.

It's then upto you to get in touch with your swap buddy and exchange postal addresses. (Obviously if you take part in this project you'll need to respect eachothers privacy, that means no turning up on doorsteps or giving out their addresses to anyone else)

Then you go ahead and send eachother your cards, and you might just have made yourself a new penpal friend!

Just a little way to bring people closer together and perhaps learn something new about someone else in the world - Thoughts or ideas?

xxx

P.S - I'm in, if anyone else would like to post that they're interested!

I'm up for that! I wish I was good with crafts etc to create my own card but since I'm not, I am up for buying one and sending it on.

Cool idea by the way. I never request or expect Christmas cards but I have to admit this thread and The Christmas Card Project thread Lost Drifter posted has got me a bit excited to receive a card this year.

I hope we get enough people wanting to take part :)

yay drumming up a bit of interest now! Fantastic thanks guys :D come on everyone else, join in dont be shy! Xxx

I suck at crafts. And creativity. :(

Can I just request to get a handmade card by you? Hehe. Cos I think what you're doing is so cool! :p

ladyforsaken i'd be happy to send you a card, inbox me your addy and i'll put you on my list :) xxx

I can send one, but receiving may be a problem as I may well be moving again before christmas - so if thats ok - sign me up.

EveWasFramed said:
*scratches head*

Please explain to me how this will work.

have i broken a rule or something?
I thought i'd exlained how it'd work in the first post of the topic..
People post here if they want to swap a card with someone..
I'll set a cutoff date for people to "sign up" for the project.
At the cutoff date i'll put everyones usernames who signed up, into a hat and randomly pair them up with another user.
I'll post the pair list on here then its down to the pairs to contact eachother, swap addresses and send eachother a christmas card (store bought or handmade.. Your choice).
In the process i'm hoping reaching out to people will bring them closer together and help others maybe make a friend or penpal.

So far it seems to be quite a popular idea, correct me if i'm wrong?

so i decided to set the cutoff date to november 24th. That should give card-crafters and writers enough time, and for there to be enough time to arrive in the post. Would anyone else like to take part and receive a christmas card from a new friend? Xxx

No, you havent done anything wrong at all. I guess I was interested in the cutoff date, but should have been more specific. I see that you posted a date in your last post however. :)

Latest posts

Back