Project De-Ugly Your House

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks lonelyfairy. Right now I'm currently obsessed with painting my front door red. Problem is, my bricks have a tinge of pink. Thoughts??

Shipster0958 said:
Thanks lonelyfairy. Right now I'm currently obsessed with painting my front door red. Problem is, my bricks have a tinge of pink. Thoughts??

How red are you going? Maybe not a deep red then? Some shade lighter that can blend with the tinge of pink?

ladyforsaken said:
Shipster0958 said:

How red are you going? Maybe not a deep red then? Some shade lighter that can blend with the tinge of pink?

That's what I was thinking, but hubby said no. He wants almost a deep brownish-red. I don't think it will go well though. I want my accent color in my house to be red, but at this rate I'm thinking we may have to pick a different color all together.

ladyforsaken said:
Shipster0958 said:

I happen to think any shade of red goes with a tinge of pink. I personally like a deep red, with a lighter pink? I think that would be pretty.

Oh, but the brownish-red? Don't know about that. I think that would kind of murk up the look.

Me too Nilla. I was wanting something bright red. I really don't know what color would go with a slightly pink brick either.

Well, I would think red and pink go together. So, at least experiment. You're bound to like something.

^Yeah I was thinking of the brownish red kind when I said deep red (ew I actually find that colour gross for some reason), which I didn't think would match with a light pink.

Hmm Nilla's right though, a normal red, or bright red like you wanted, could go with a pink.. I'm just going by imagination here. :D

I rather like something like this:

images

Or this:

images

How about a red roof?

images

I say just as long as it's not this:

hk1-500x417.jpg

You'll be fine. :p

Lol well my brick isn't that pink. Especially the hello kitty one.

2m2hwf5.jpg

Disregard the car, I had finally gotten my new one! :p

But that's the only pic I have with my brick in the background. Kind of a hard color to describe. I think that a little bit of a darker red would look good.

I'm interested in that Dodge! Love it! But, I think a red door with that - any shade you pick out - should go lovely. I also agree with a darker shade of red. I say go for it.

VanillaCreme said:
I'm interested in that Dodge! Love it! But, I think a red door with that - any shade you pick out - should go lovely. I also agree with a darker shade of red. I say go for it.

And then don't forget to share with us the final outcome. :)

ladyforsaken said:
VanillaCreme said:

And then don't forget to share with us the final outcome. :)

Yes, absolutely! Can't wait to see what you do.

I thought I would show y'all what I've done to my kitchen thus far.

When we first moved into our house, the kitchen was terrible. Brown flowery wallpaper, thick border with geese and baskets, cheap cabinets, plastic counter tops, you know. Very early 90's.

24d0gnl.jpg

The first thing I did was rip down all the wallpaper and stain the oven side dark. I got a staining kit from Lowe's, and it ended up being very easy.

35hpk49.jpg

The other side, I wanted to paint light. I wanted it two-tone. I did a distressed white/cream color. I picked that back splash for all around the kitchen, and got the new fixture for the kitchen sink.

2z6a3k9.jpg

Finally, we got some granite counter tops from someone else's home from Craigslist, bought them cheaply, and installed them ourselves. And we got some track lighting, because I thought it looked classy. I painted the walls a brown/green color.

2wn3bir.jpg

There's still more work I'd like to do. :)

That is gorgeous, Ship. I didn't know you knew what kind of kitchen I wanted! Seriously, love it. I'm torn between liking dark and light wood, so that's a perfect blend. I think though I'm probably going to end up having darker cabinets though. So amazing what some hard work and a new kitchen sink will do. Must be nice cooking in that as well. Awesome.

I think I'm already in love with your house, Shippy. Sighs.. beautiful kitchen. Kitchen has always been my thing. I like yours. I want it. :(

VanillaCreme said:
That is gorgeous, Ship. I didn't know you knew what kind of kitchen I wanted! Seriously, love it. I'm torn between liking dark and light wood, so that's a perfect blend. I think though I'm probably going to end up having darker cabinets though. So amazing what some hard work and a new kitchen sink will do. Must be nice cooking in that as well. Awesome.

Thanks Nilla. I saw someone do it in their kitchen and I loved it. But, I had to make sure it was a muted white. I didn't want it to be a big contradiction. I think it's a good balance.

ladyforsaken said:
I think I'm already in love with your house, Shippy. Sighs.. beautiful kitchen. Kitchen has always been my thing. I like yours. I want it. :(

You can use it anytime! We can make some meatloaf! :)

Latest posts

Back