PS4 or Xbox One? Some say it's a walk over...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your preference...

• Total voters
Mentality said:
I have no need for all that extra crap. I just want to be able to play my games and maybe stream on occasions like I do on PC.

Exactly. The games seems to have taken a back seat an now it's all about all this other garbage it's loaded with, like most other things it's got bigger and more bulky than ever. The 360 was just right.

I'm one of the few people who thinks that graphics standards are 'good enough' at the end of this current generation and further progression won't add much to the experience. The more lifelike the become, the more likely there are going to be issues around censorship with ultra-violent games.

rdor said:
I'm one of the few people who thinks that graphics standards are 'good enough' at the end of this current generation and further progression won't add much to the experience. The more lifelike the become, the more likely there are going to be issues around censorship with ultra-violent games.

I know what you mean, the graphics are getting better but a bit at a time, if there was some major breakthrough then that would be different. An if you think about it, if they could create a game that was just like watching (or playing) a film or real life - what then?

That's the thing I dislike about many games. I don't want them to be like playing something that could happen down the road from me. I want to know I'm playing a game. Bring back the Vice City graphics! Bring back the pointy, angled shoulders! Let me KNOW it's just a game. Not that lifelike isn't great. Some games (like Mafia II, Sleeping Dogs, Heavenly Sword) are downright beautiful... But they're games. Not real life.

VanillaCreme said:
That's the thing I dislike about many games. I don't want them to be like playing something that could happen down the road from me. I want to know I'm playing a game. Bring back the Vice City graphics! Bring back the pointy, angled shoulders! Let me KNOW it's just a game. Not that lifelike isn't great. Some games (like Mafia II, Sleeping Dogs, Heavenly Sword) are downright beautiful... But they're games. Not real life.

Vice City was easiest the best GTA. I don't mind great graphics on a game, but most often than not the graphics substitute good game play.

For example look at the classic Amstrad an Atari games - they didn't have graphics so they had to make their games very playable, hence the addiction to the classics.

Felix said:
Developers should learn a thing or two about abstraction.

Hey! Don't think Microsoft don't know anything about developers:

[video=youtube]

Felix said:
^Ugh. So sweaty :p

I think they should stick with wearing black or white. Or a color that doesn't show extremely darker when it's wet. Those stage lights are hot. You feel the heat no matter how high up they're hanging above you.

With the way things are going, I might have to blow the dust off the old Master System.

I'd be looking at the Playstation at this stage if I had to choose.

Paulie said:
With the way things are going, I might have to blow the dust off the old Master System.

The Mater System is good, I like the games on it. Mine's already set up - I used to enjoy playing retro but haven't for a while, at least THAT doesn't need a connection for you to play.

9006 said:
Paulie said:

The Mater System is good, I like the games on it. Mine's already set up - I used to enjoy playing retro but haven't for a while, at least THAT doesn't need a connection for you to play.

It was good and it had the best game built in, Alex Kidd. I've got the model with the grey 'pause' button.

Anyway this is about PS4 or Xbox One. I might just stick with my 360 and PS3 for now, see how things pan out.

Paulie said:
Anyway this is about PS4 or Xbox One. I might just stick with my 360

This was the advice from Microsoft anyway, according to them if you want offline gaming stick with your 360. Pathetic.

Yeah it seems a bit dumb that it's just going to be an expensive door stop if you can't access the net. Not everybody has the internet you know Microsoft? But surely you could still buy disc games from retail stores and play them?

Paulie said:
Yeah it seems a bit dumb that it's just going to be an expensive door stop if you can't access the net. Not everybody has the internet you know Microsoft?

I don't think it's the fact that people don't have access to the net, it's just unnecessary. They're trying to create a device that takes over your living room.

They have a dream whereby the whole family are sat around the XBox One with a smile on their face and a song in their heart as they play games, use social media and cloud. But they're loosing sight that it's a ******* games console, people buy it to play games, if they want a stupid box that resembles an old VHS player that "does everything" they should have created a separate product. Who is this really aimed at? Hardcore gamers and net users; teenagers.

Paulie said:
But surely you could still buy disc games from retail stores and play them?

Another feature of this all great Xbox One (apart from being regional locked) is the "security" to combat piracy... or whatever.

Yes you can buy a game disc, but you're mandated to install it onto the console which then registers that game with your console on their servers. What this means is that you NEED a connection for the system to authenticate your game before you play it, also it means that you can't ever borrow games from friends or games shops since that game will be registered to their console, this is also implemented to abolish the second hand games market which is loosing them money... apparently.

I seriously hope nobody buys their console, I would laugh and laugh and laugh
vlol.gif

I'm a PC gamer (although I do own a 360), but if I had to choose a next generation console, it would definitely be the PS4. I don't like Microsoft's DRM and 'always on' functionality for the Xbox One. There are also potential privacy issues that arise with the required Kinect sensor which is always on and could possibly be recording you at all times. It's quite plausible that the Kinect could become another cog in the NSA's Prism program machine, since Microsoft and all the other corporate giants are in bed with the government.

The E3 press conference showed the world that the Xbox One is nothing more than a glorified cable box that caters primarily to the casual gamer and the 'bro' crowd.

xaero said:
I'm a PC gamer (although I do own a 360), but if I had to choose a next generation console, it would definitely be the PS4. I don't like Microsoft's DRM and 'always on' functionality for the Xbox One. There are also potential privacy issues that arise with the required Kinect sensor which is always on and could possibly be recording you at all times. It's quite plausible that the Kinect could become another cog in the NSA's Prism program machine, since Microsoft and all the other corporate giants are in bed with the government.

To be honest, the One's DRM isn't as bad as most people make out. Here's a link that explains a bit more about it, it's all still honeysuckle, but there's a few misconceptions.

But why they couldn't just make a games console is beyond me. I dislike all this cloud business as well, too many things are moving online and it's something I like to keep separate from my actual life.. if that makes sense.

9006 said:
To be honest, the One's DRM isn't as bad as most people make out. Here's a link that explains a bit more about it, it's all still honeysuckle, but there's a few misconceptions.

But why they couldn't just make a games console is beyond me. I dislike all this cloud business as well, too many things are moving online and it's something I like to keep separate from my actual life.. if that makes sense.

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

Nuff said.

The Wii U is the only system with new games coming out that I would like to play, like the new Mario Smash Bros Melee and Xenoblade 2 (or whatever it's called)...I would really love to play those two games and I think the Wii U handheld thing looks cool. I would get a PS4, maybe in the looooooooong future. I don't have any favorites but I have always found myself playing Playstation games, from PSone to playstation 2 and playstation 3. I really hate how they're going to start charging for a subscription service though, they really stooped low in my opinion. So now that they're going to charge money for online play, does that mean I can't play Little Big Planet or Journey on my PS3 anymore? To hell with that. I've also liked Playstation Home, I always go on there and I have fun exploring the spaces and stuff but not anymore since I'm going to have to pay money (which I don't have)...argh, it sucks. If Sony didn't charge for online play, everything would have been fine by me.

Latest posts

Back